Republican response to SOTU

Republicans support jobs....No proposal on how to create them
Complained about National Debt.........nothing about how his party added to it
Limited Government
"We want cooperation...not partisanship" Where has he been?
Healthcare.......tort reform and interstate insurance...........bandaid solution
Energy....lip service ...then drill baby drill
Education is good....no proposal
We need a strong Defense... no proposal
We should have tortured the Christmas bomber
Free market......pretty effective
Americans are good people.......did a good job with Haiti...thanks
Must create opportunity....make it open to everyone
We should work together to make America a better place....God bless America

Good delivery....folksy

No details on what the Republicans want to do....just reiterated the gop platform

Unless their plan was to destroy America, Republicans had no plan. All the damage they caused and they want another chance to "finish the job"?

Apparently, voters have more faith in the republicans right now...seats are changing sides.

Limited Government
Healthcare.......tort reform and interstate insurance...........bandaid solution

Good delivery....folksy

No details on what the Republicans want to do....just reiterated the gop platform

Unless their plan was to destroy America, Republicans had no plan. All the damage they caused and they want another chance to "finish the job"?
Translation:

beavisbutthead__oPt.jpg

Huh-huh...You said "job".

Yeah, yeah!..he-he-he....Cool!

Limited Government

Good delivery....folksy

:clap2: sounds about right

Limited Government

Good delivery....folksy

Apparently, voters have more faith in the republicans right now...seats are changing sides.

You talking about that guy Brown who said, "This isn't a Republican seat, this isn't a Democratic seat, this is a seat for the people?" The guy who didn't campaign with a single Republican? The guy who didn't show the word "Republican" in any of his campaign ads?

Yea, they sure won all right.

It was harder for him to say "Republican" than it is for Republicans to say, "Middle Class".

Limited Government

Good delivery....folksy

"No plans" lie getting old man. If the Dems lock you out and the media is unsympathetic, one can always use the internet to find info. (if they want to find it that is)

Republican Policy Committee

No one has held barry responsible for all the lies he's already told, so why should he worry about the lies he told tonight?

I've heard Republicans lie endlessly. I haven't heard that from Obama.

that's because you have selective hearing..........

"I'm gonna keep unemployment below 8%"

"We're gonna hold all these talks out in the open...complete transparency"

"We don't need a bunch of lobbyist hanging around Washington" How many did he appoint again?? I tend to lose count.

I could go on...but what's the use. You won't accept it.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
The response was commen sense, smaller government and true energy independance.

Of course the GoP never delivers on that, but it sounds good.

You must of missed where Obama talked about Off Shore Drilling and Nuclear Energy. Which is my point about the GOP not really paying attention to Obama's speech. It wasn't a response, it was more of the GOP talking about ideas that sound nice.

Obama was much more specific on what he wanted to do. Whether you agree with him or not on those things.

Bobby, it could just be that the GOP is not quite as gullible as you. Or had you forgotten this...

Obama blocks offshore drilling - Washington Times

Obama could give a shit if he gets re-elected or not for his only agenda is to move this country to a Marxist/communist one. I took him going after the Supreme Court Justices tonight as a threat to them. Again, he wants everyone to focus on what he said tonight to keep us all busy while he intensifies his agenda behind closed doors.

Obama could give a shit if he gets re-elected or not for his only agenda is to move this country to a Marxist/communist one. I took him going after the Supreme Court Justices tonight as a threat to them. Again, he wants everyone to focus on what he said tonight to keep us all busy while he intensifies his agenda behind closed doors.

Obviously you didn't listen to the speech.

Obviously you didn't listen to the speech.
"Words, just words" Obama

and you all really wonder why you can't get the right to join you....hell you can't even get your own party that had a supper majority to get anything done....

yep the stupid mouth breathing red state morons foiled you yet again.....

the dems lose one seat and suddenly it is the gops fault nothing is getting done....

i'm sorry, perhaps you weren't reading along with the SOTU thread... that was for the benefit of the wingnuts.

if i had known there was sentient life out there, i might have approached it differently

and right there you nailed it....even obama took the piss out of the gop on national tv....there are lots of people out there that will help but not if you keep insulting them....

but you know all this and are just having a bit of fun....

obama was both inspiring and sad....he did nothing to get the gop to join him...he laid the groundwork to use them as an excuse to explain why the dem congress didn't do shit for three years and won't be able to pull together now...and when they lose more seats this november they will be able to blame the gop....

unless they spend the next 11 months banging the "gop blocked us" drum and if you just give me another chance we can change things....

i can just see the adds now....

He can never do anything to get the GOP to join him. He did get it out there that they are the party of no and if I remember correctly, he mentioned obstruction.

I think he did a good job of defining what happened last year and what he expects from congress going forward, He looked like a leader, whether Rs decide to take his advice is up to them but lately, Obama has been taking his message on the road. He's pretty good at that.

This isn't going to be a Democratic compromise, Repubs need to listen and learn.

Actually Sarah, there isn't going to be a Democrat dictatorship, Barry needs to learn how to govern and not always campaign.

Massive spending, 9 gazillion earmarks, more corruption and backroom deals than we've ever seen in this nation, increased taxation, Democrats fighting Democrats, unemployment to the moon and rising, economy in the dumper, massive foreclosures, the poor are still poor, middle class is dwindling, and no end in site, and now Obama says the middle class needs a hand. What middle class? It's almost gone jackass, and you did this on purpose.

We told ewe idiots this was coming....................., oh yes we did.

I just read McDonnell's response and I'm confident that the 2010 election will see a record numbers of House seats lost by the Dems and may hit 100.

Forum List

Back