Republican representatives voted against bailout out of spite.

I wouldn't vote for it either! Look at this crap!!

Loads of Pork Littl: Tech Ticker, Yahoo! Finance

But the Senate bill is also laden with pork, including:

$223M for Alaskan fisherman
$192M for rum producers in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands
$128M for auto racing
$33M for companies operating in American Samoa
$10M for film & TV production
$6M for producers of wooden arrows
It is stupid, I'll admit. Just think, if McCain hadn't rushed back to DC and fucked everything up, the bill probably would have passed in its original form instead of being loaded down with pork.

Yep. It's breathtaking, really.

Yeah I'm breathless! *whew* *pant*

Okay. I'm ready.

So I take you were cool with Pelosi's little rant? I mean at least admit it was ill advised in such a moment to go on a rhetorical joyride all over the, at least, posture of bipartisanship offered by the minority. Lame.

Don't take my word for it. In their own words...

[youtube]G2WTcdZ-fI4[/youtube]

Hey, I got this from a conservative who sends me emails. This is why they voted against it, maybe?

Richard Viguerie: Bailout is conservatives’ path to power in 2010

Opposition to the $700 billion Wall Street bailout is the conservatives’ path toward winning control of Congress in the 2010 elections, Richard A. Viguerie, Chairman of ConservativeHQ.com, said.

“Conservatives will challenge, in primaries and general elections, both Republicans and Democrats who vote for the bailout. In the next election, you will see the election of a new generation of principled conservative leaders – a change that will remake Congress,” he said.

You can read the complete release and express your views online at

Richard Viguerie's Conservative HQ | show

"I would be honored to run with or against John McCain because I think the country would be better off." -Joe Biden

Straight from the horses mouth, here here....

Yes, but the Democrats didn't pursue it. :cuckoo:

Well the Democrats had a good reason for not pursuing a Bush Impeachment... They didn't have any evidence that Bush had commited a high crime or misdemeanor.

Now HAD they had such evidence... or even something that they felt would carry them far enough to make it worth their while... they would have been ALL OVER IT.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back