Republican representatives voted against bailout out of spite.

And, I applaud them for it. A few Fuck You Pelosi's were long overdue.

This thread is actually similar in at least one way to the one about the biased moderator. They both expose the partisan sheep. That one the dems, this one the reps.

While I know you're an idiot, I'm still not willing to accept that you actually think it's ok for our congressional leaders to sacrifice what they themselves think is best for this country simply because their feewings were hurt.

This thread is actually similar in at least one way to the one about the biased moderator. They both expose the partisan sheep. That one the dems, this one the reps.

While I know you're an idiot, I'm still not willing to accept that you actually think it's ok for our congressional leaders to sacrifice what they themselves think is best for this country simply because their feewings were hurt.

Well, DUmbbunny I actually do for two reasons, I don't think it's best for the country and neither did they. They just took to opportunity to say Fuck You Pelosi. Kinda killing two birdbrains in one shot. so to speak.

So Dems that voted it down were against it, but Republicans that voted it down were just being spiteful?

Sounds like something Ravi or Silence would say.

:lol: see js...you can't stop thinking about me, even when I'm not around... :eusa_whistle:

The 96 Dems who voted against it I'd assume did so because of the deal made prior to the vote...that the Dems would provide 135-140 votes and the Republicans would provide the rest to get to the 218 needed for passage...it was supposed to be a bi-partisan vote... it wasn't.

The republicans provided 65 votes....they fell short of their promised votes by 13 votes and they did so by their own admission because Nancy Pelosi gave a speech they didn't like. To hear them tell it, they would've voted for it IF NOT for that that speech.... if that's not spite I don't know what is.

Well, DUmbbunny I actually do for two reasons, I don't think it's best for the country and neither did they. They just took to opportunity to say Fuck You Pelosi. Kinda killing two birdbrains in one shot. so to speak.

So they're bald faced liars then. That's way better. :doubt:

Ultimately, they did what their constituents WANTED them to do. It rarely happens, but when it does, regardless of what the REAL reason behind them accidentally accomplishing the right thing, we really should applaud them.

Positive reinforcement and all that.

Ultimately, they did what their constituents WANTED them to do. It rarely happens, but when it does, regardless of what the REAL reason behind them accidentally accomplishing the right thing, we really should applaud them.

Sorry, I'm just not willing to pat a politician on the back for not only being petty and spiteful, but for actually getting in front of a camera and bragging about it.

It's the same psychology you use with kids. The motive is selfishness or pettyness, but you PRETEND it's an honorable motive, explain how much you admire the motive, and reward them for the action.

Eventually they learn.

Well, kids learn. Who knows about congressmen.

if that's the case, when it comes up for a vote again, they'll vote against it the second time, right?! I mean the bill isn't any better, in fact it contains more shit that wasn't needed.

It'll be interesting to see if the House Republicans vote for it now that it has the tax breaks they love so much for corporations.

exactly and got in their Fuck You Pelosi too. I think that would make a great bumper sticker don't you?

So far the Senate version has really picked up the Markets don't you think? What is it down 300 at the moment? As for not voting on it because of Pelosi getting up there and inserting her foot in her mouth, then they need to get a little thicker skin. However, from every interview I have seen of the congressmen and women that voted against it other than those people in the video when asked, that was not the reason they gave. The reason given was the number of calls they were receiving from the voters.

Yep.

And either they voted against it out of spite, or they lied. Them's the facts.

well, I know it's too much for you to comprehend that they might have done both, voted no cause they didn't like it and voted no to spite the old withered bitch from SF. but then that's why you're a DUmmie.

Don't take my word for it. In their own words...

[youtube]G2WTcdZ-fI4[/youtube]

Big deal. It's called political maneuvering and it happens every time they vote up there on the hill. The Republican representatives were seriously considering voting against their constituencies and against their fiscally conservative principles in order to stand behind this bail-out bill and their moderate presidential candidate who was calling for bi-partisan compromise, until the ever so diplomatic Speaker of the House telegraphed the intention of the Dems to use their yes votes against them in the next election. So Nancy Pelosi did that out of what, exactly? Stupidity? Partisan "spite"? What? And why exactly did she, at the same time, proceed to tell all of the rookie Democrat representatives that they could take political cover and vote no? It was a classic political set-up!

They ALL know this bill WILL pass eventually - all of the experts say something HAS to be done - so the Republicans saw the writing on the wall and decided to listen to their conservative constituents and followed their conscience with a no vote. I'm glad someone stood up and pushed back, that's why we have two political parties in the first place.

well, I know it's too much for you to comprehend that they might have done both, voted no cause they didn't like it and voted no to spite the old withered bitch from SF. but then that's why you're a DUmmie.

Actually, that's not possible dummy. The two are mutually exclusive. Don't you even know what spite means? :cuckoo:

until the ever so diplomatic Speaker of the House telegraphed the intention of the Dems to use their yes votes against them in the next election.
Link?

At least you didn't call her the withered old bitch like Willowhead did.

How come it is considered sexist to criticize Palin and yet it isn't to actually call Pelosi nasty names?

Link?

At least you didn't call her the withered old bitch like Willowhead did.

How come it is considered sexist to criticize Palin and yet it isn't to actually call Pelosi nasty names?

What are you talking about? I didn't call anyone nasty names.

Forum List

Back