Republican plan to fix labor shortage.

You don't hire Americans because you can hire workers from Guatemala much cheaper.

Who are you trying to kid?
I dont do the hiring but i can put a name in and hire you tomorrow.

Yes they are cheaper on helper wages, but they get standard Journeyman wages and $700 a eeek per diem. Helper or Journeyman.

I dont do the hiring but i can put a name in and hire you tomorrow.

Yes they are cheaper on helper wages, but they get standard Journeyman wages and $700 a eeek per diem. Helper or Journeyman.
They obviously aren't high enough for middle class Americans. Per-diem rates don't matter if you don't receive per diem/ What's the hourly rate?

The massive labor shortage is real. The US Chamber of Commerse says there are 10 million jobs needing to be filled, but only about 5 million unemployed workers. The labor shortage is raising wages, but hurting inflation, so even with higher wages, the cost of goods is still too high. Republcans will be taking over the house soon, so what do they intend to do about it. We have a ready source of labor begging for a chance to fill those jobs, but the repubs are ademently against that. What, if anything, do you think they have planned to help fill those jobs?
I gather that you agree with the opinion piece you posted that we need more immigration

Thats fine as long as they apply for a legal visa, and qualify based on education and skills

But globalists want to bring in millions of illiterate shoeless peasants with little or nothing to offer

I gather that you agree with the opinion piece you posted that we need more immigration

Thats fine as long as they apply for a legal visa, and qualify based on education and skills

But globalists want to bring in millions of illiterate shoeless peasants with little or nothing to offer
If there's one thing we don't need, it's more immigration.

Why? How about because I couldn’t (at that time) find a job in my career field but I still needed money to pay bills.

I worked two fast food jobs simultaneously for almost a year while searching for a career position. It taught me to appreciate the fact that I now have a career where I can pay my bills and support my family on just one salary
My mother and father decided to have four kids. He worked full time night shift and three part-time jobs through the day. My mother was a housewife and took on a part-time job when we were at school.

So from my upbringing, I have always worked and never claimed welfare. In my working life, I have had a part-time job whilst I was school, only two full-time jobs since school, then went self employed in 2004.

The term "labor shortage" is just corporate America's way of saying their profits are too low. How does a labor shortage harm Americans? Here's a clue: it doesn't. It benefits the overwhelming majority of Americans. The same people who whine about working class wages being too low also whine about "labor shortages."
Labor shortage causes inflation. Less labor means higher wages, and fewer items manufactured. Both cause an increase in prices we have to pay.

the dems had the white house and Congress for two years leading to this, they still have the Senate and Oval....what are their plans to fix this problem they have caused?

A comprehensive immigration program would help all that a lot. Why have repubs blocked every effort to pass one?

the dems had the white house and Congress for two years leading to this, they still have the Senate and Oval....what are their plans to fix this problem they have caused?
Makes it so much easier for you to just blame Democrats for every problem we ever have, doesn't it?

Forum List

Back