Republican Officials Partnering With Christian Extremists

so Lane is pushing pastors to get into public office....?

that probably scares the pants off the anti-God secularists....how would they deal with honest God-fearing representatives of the people who have integrity....?

My faith, tells me to help the poor and weak, abortion is a sin, taking care of God's Earth is good and gay civil unions are better than gay marriages. It seems many of the more so extreme right Christians are more selective to what is important to them and that they can ignore the wealth inequality and that polluting the God's Earth is OK.
Be careful who you call God fearing and what your definition of integrity is.

Do You Know David Lane? Every American Should

This is a name that few people know and that everyone should. He is a far right wing extremist who goal is to establish the U.S. as a Christian Theocracy and he has got the ear of many prominent and influential Republican.

I believe that we as a nation-not just liberals and Democrats- should be very concerned about this. I do not think that most Republican would be comfortable with so many of their politicians being in bed with this person. Most Republican and conservative want this county to be a fair and just country for everyone. David Lane want anything but that. That is why he has been operating under the radar Read more below

In pursuit of conservative evangelical voters, GOP candidates embrace far-right political operative who is raising an ‘army’ to fulfill his ‘Christian nation’ vision

On Saturday, June 13, South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley will host a day-long, Christians-only prayer rally organized by political operative David Lane. Lane, who organized similar events for Texas Gov. Rick Perry and Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, is trying to recruit 1,000 conservative evangelical pastors to run for office, which he believes would mobilize hundreds of thousands of election volunteers and lead to conservative election victories in 2016.

Lane prefers to work outside the glare of the national media. Although his close connections to Republican officials and presidential candidates have drawn some notice, the extremism of the agenda he is promoting deserves far more attention than it has received to date. When one-third of the Republican National Committee took a nine-day junket to Israel in January with the American Family Association picking up the tab, things got a little ugly. Israeli media started asking questions about the extreme positions taken by AFA spokesman Bryan Fischer, including his claims that the First Amendment’s religious liberty protections apply only to Christians and that gays were responsible for the rise of the Nazi Party. In damage control mode, the AFA disavowed some of Fischer’s most inflammatory statements and took away his title – but not the radio show that continues to give him a bigotry-spewing platform. Meanwhile, the actual organizer of the trip, Christian nationalist David Lane, slipped out of the spotlight and got right back to building political alliances between high-level Republican politicians and conservative evangelical pastors, especially those in key primary states. - See more at: Why Do Republican Officials Keep Partnering With Christian-Nation Extremist David Lane Right Wing Watch

I find your histrionics over the "Dominionists" entertaining.

They are indeed a very tiny speck on the Christian Horizon, they wield no power and are in fact powerless.

Are you sure about that? They are in the government now and one could become president and appoint others to the federal courts. Call it histrionics if you want

3307e230295fd728551bdde90ef873ce_XL.jpg

Rick Perry’s Army of God Rick Perry s Army of God - The Texas Observer

Huckabee Plan To Undo 'Judicial Tyranny' Of SCOTUS Marriage Ruling Sounds Like The Inquisition

President Mike Huckabee on "Day One" will "will use the power of the presidency to protect and defend people of all faiths in all fifty states."
People of all faiths? Really? What about people of no faith?
."

"First, I will sign religious liberty executive orders that support traditional marriage and protect businesses, churches, non-profits, schools and universities, hospitals, and other organizations from discrimination, intimidation, civil penalties, or criminal attacks for exercising their religious beliefs,"
Supports traditional marriage? How exactly? Will it attempt to nullify laws against discrimination?

"Second, I will direct the attorney general to protect religious liberty and prosecute any violations of First Amendment rights of individuals, businesses, religious organizations, institutions, and civil servants, including those who believe in traditional marriage,"
Prosecute?? As in criminal charges? For what EXACTLY ? Perhaps a gay couple expecting a county clerk to issue a marriage license? I'm having trouble understanding what act on the part of any individual would rise to the level of a criminal offense.

"
The Justice Department will protect and defend the rights of American citizens to follow their religious convictions without discrimination, and prosecute attacks on people of faith and their religious liberty," he promises, adding, "I will aggressively prosecute attacks against people of faith as hate crimes."
Oh boy!! See my notes above

Read his whole frightening plan: Huckabee Plan To Undo Judicial Tyranny Of SCOTUS Marriage Ruling Sounds Like The Inquisition - The New Civil Rights Movement

Huckabee Plan To Undo 'Judicial Tyranny' Of SCOTUS Marriage Ruling Sounds Like The Inquisition

President Mike Huckabee on "Day One" will "will use the power of the presidency to protect and defend people of all faiths in all fifty states."
People of all faiths? Really? What about people of no faith?
."

"First, I will sign religious liberty executive orders that support traditional marriage and protect businesses, churches, non-profits, schools and universities, hospitals, and other organizations from discrimination, intimidation, civil penalties, or criminal attacks for exercising their religious beliefs,"
Supports traditional marriage? How exactly? Will it attempt to nullify laws against discrimination?

"Second, I will direct the attorney general to protect religious liberty and prosecute any violations of First Amendment rights of individuals, businesses, religious organizations, institutions, and civil servants, including those who believe in traditional marriage,"
Prosecute?? As in criminal charges? For what EXACTLY ? Perhaps a gay couple expecting a county clerk to issue a marriage license? I'm having trouble understanding what act on the part of any individual would rise to the level of a criminal offense.

"
The Justice Department will protect and defend the rights of American citizens to follow their religious convictions without discrimination, and prosecute attacks on people of faith and their religious liberty," he promises, adding, "I will aggressively prosecute attacks against people of faith as hate crimes."
Oh boy!! See my notes above

Read his whole frightening plan: Huckabee Plan To Undo Judicial Tyranny Of SCOTUS Marriage Ruling Sounds Like The Inquisition - The New Civil Rights Movement

oh well, If that's what the MAJORITY of the people want. You all will HAVE to abide it, won't you. damn those rights of everyone else in the country too

Huckabee sounds like he will rule by executive order rather than let the Congress do its job.

I have to check my records, but who is it that is even now frothing at the mouth and accusing someone else of doing that.....?

This guy is a complete whack job!!

Alabama’s chief justice: Satan made Supreme Court ‘destroy the institution of God’ in marriage ruling Alabama s chief justice Satan made Supreme Court destroy the institution of God in marriage ruling

Outspoken Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore told a church gathering on Sunday that the U.S. Supreme Court “destroyed the institution of God,” when they legalized same-sex marriage earlier this month.

The notoriously Bible-thumping judge somewhat forgave the justices by adding that their legal justifications were influenced by “Satan,” reports AL.com.

What makes a Christian an "extremist"? You almost gotta laugh that the left bends over backward to accommodate every aspect of the Muslem Koran to the point of prayer rugs and copies of the Koran furnished to POW's who called for the murder of U.S. citizens and Jews in other countries and yet they call Christians "extremists" for believing in the Bible. The useful idiots were programmed to outrage when a rumor went around that Marines might have intentionally mishandled the Koran at Gitmo but a kid can get kicked out of school for carrying a Bible on campus. Radical lefties are the true extremists.

This might be alarming if I wasn't already preoccupied with Liberals partnering with killer blacks, illegal aliens & Iran.

Get your fucking priorities straight

Lets remember that in the past, Republicans derided Obama for allegedly consorting with a terrorist and an outspoken minister. I would like to know what Sarah Palin and the others would say about this:

Ben Carson Set To Join Pastor Who Wants Gays Put To Death At Iowa Conference

Later this year, far-right Colorado radio host and homeschooling activist Kevin Swanson will be attempting to expand his national profile by organizing a “National Religious Liberties Conference” in Des Moines, Iowa.

Since Swanson believes that homosexuality should be punished by death and frequently claims that liberals are using things like the movie Frozen and Girl Scout cookies to make children gay, we hoped that even this year’s field of Republican presidential candidates would think twice before showing up at his conference.

But apparently that was too much to ask. Ben Carson Set To Join Pastor Who Wants Gays Put To Death At Iowa Conference Right Wing Watch

Kevin Swanson Nostalgic for Time when Homosexuals faced Death Penalty, Wants 'Miss Piggy on a Bun' for Chick-fil-A Decision

Submitted by Brian Tashman on Monday, 7/30/2012 5:00 pm

Pastor and radio host Kevin Swanson of Generations with Vision earlier this month expressed nostalgia for the Pilgrims’ approach to homosexuality, when it was punishable by death. On his radio show last week, longed for a time when Christians “brought the death penalty upon homosexuality” and “for about 1,500 years that form of life had pretty much been eliminated except here and there.” Kevin Swanson Nostalgic for Time when Homosexuals faced Death Penalty Wants Miss Piggy on a Bun for Chick-fil-A Decision Right Wing Watch

Keys is coming unglued as the decision on Marriage Equality looms. Who cares about silly Christian Dominionists? Jesus does not.
I would become unglued if one of them got elected president or if too many of them got into congress or the state houses.

At that point it would mean that a majority of people agreed with them, and what is your option then? Methinks your ilk would go running to the 1st amendment, the same one you are currently trying to ruin.

marty, that makes little sense. Christian Dominionists as well as our reactionary far right and our radical far left all would shut off free speech if in power.

So when Progressives organize to get Progressive candidates elected thats Democracy but when evangelicals organize to get evangelicals elected thats theocracy?
Really?
Never mind that Christianity has been far more successful than Progressivism, which fails 100% of the time.

marty, that makes little sense. Christian Dominionists as well as our reactionary far right and our radical far left all would shut off free speech if in power.

And it would be what said super-majority would want, and that's what they would need to get it. Unless of course they go with the progressive playbook and manage to get 5 of 9 enelected lawyers to agree with them.

America is a constitutional republic, not a super majority republic unless you can amend the Constitution. SCOTUS is not answerable to you or me.

I had an idiot on twitter tell me that if you objected to the homo law you were attempting to establish a theocracy, and promoting theocratic "policy".

PFFFTTTT....LOLOLOL...these people don't have the first concept what they're even talking about. They wouldn't pass a fifth grade vocabulary test.

I had an idiot on twitter tell me that if you objected to the homo law you were attempting to establish a theocracy, and promoting theocratic "policy".

PFFFTTTT....LOLOLOL...these people don't have the first concept what they're even talking about. They wouldn't pass a fifth grade vocabulary test.

If you want to pass laws that discriminate against gay and lesbian people based on what you think some ancient book of made up equine excrement and written by superstitious goat herders YOU are indeed promoting theocracy

If you want to pass laws that discriminate against gay and lesbian people based on what you think some ancient book of made up equine excrement and written by superstitious goat herders YOU are indeed promoting theocracy
Well, you're wrong, and besides that, that hasn't happened. So thank you for admitting it isn't a "theocratic policy" to object to religious persecution by the state.

Well, you're wrong, and besides that, that hasn't happened. So thank you for admitting it isn't a "theocratic policy" to object to religious persecution by the state.

Persecution? Really? That is an insult to all of those who are truly persecuted. You people are just whiney cry babies

Christian Persecution in Today’s World http://bustedhalo.com/blogs/christian-persecution-in-todays-world

Rowan Williams, the erudite former Archbishop of Canterbury, lamented that some Christians in the United Kingdom, the United States, and other Western nations claim “persecution” whenever they don’t get their way.

At the Edinburg International Book Festival, Williams said:

Persecution is not being made to feel mildly uncomfortable. I am always very uneasy when people sometimes in this country or the United States talk about persecution of Christians or rather believers. I think we are made to feel uncomfortable at times. We’re made to feel as if we’re idiots — perish the thought! But that kind of level of not being taken very seriously or being made fun of; I mean for goodness sake, grow up. You have to earn respect if you want to be taken seriously in society. But don’t confuse it with the systematic brutality and often murderous hostility which means that every morning you get up wondering if you and your children are going to make it through the day. That is different, it’s real. It’s not quite what we’re facing in Western society.

The Hysterical , lying Ted Cruz will stop at nothing:

Ted Cruz and the politics of faith and fear: How the GOP mastered the art of exploiting scared Christians http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/ted-cruz-and-the-politics-of-faith-and-fear-how-the-gop-mastered-the-art-of-exploiting-scared-christians/

This is a forum where our candidates can share their faith and testimony and not feel ostracized. Except maybe by the press,” Mary Frances Forrester told me. “Here, we can ask questions and candidates can include their faith when they’re talking about important social issues.”

Forrester—a state director of Concerned Women for America and the widow of James Forrester, a North Carolina state senator who led a successful campaign to pass a constitutional ban on same-sex marriage—was one of 1,500-plus Christians (and an inconsequential scattering of Jews) attending Ralph Reed’s Faith & Freedom Coalition national conference in late June. The event was co-sponsored by Concerned Women, a national organization that promotes “Biblical values among all citizens.”

Consider one passage in Texas Senator Ted Cruz’s riveting 20-minute speech on the first day of the conference. Cruz is a brilliant and impassioned extemporaneous speaker.

Cruz quoted from the oral argument in Obergefell v. Hodges to warn people of faith what will follow an adverse ruling on marriage:

“Justice [Samuel] Alito asked U.S. Solicitor-General Donald Verrilli: ‘If the Obama administration prevails and you convince this court to strike down the marriage laws of every state, would the next step be that the IRS would start going after Christian schools, Christian charities, and next after that Christian churches? Any institutions that follow a biblical teaching of marriage? Or for that matter, Jewish schools? Mormon schools? Any institution that follows religious teaching?’

“And the answer from the Obama administration was: ‘Yes, that is a very real possibility. That the next step is the IRS coming after schools, universities and charities.’”

But that question was not asked during the Obergefell v. Hodges oral argument.

Here, from the official transcript, is the exchange the senator “quoted”:

JUSTICE ALITO: Well, in the Bob Jones case, the Court held that a college was not entitled to tax-exempt status if it opposed interracial marriage or interracial dating. Should the same apply to a university or college if it opposed same-sex marriage?

GENERAL VERRILLI: You know, I—I don’t think I can answer that question without knowing more specifics, but it’s certainly going to be an issue. I don’t deny that, Justice Alito. It is going to be an issue.

Forum List

Back