Republican Morality

Yeah, those links to stories. Very dishonest to report what the GOP proposes.

Now you think you're being dishonest AND clever. Nope, just dishonest.

I post my opinions and the reasons I hold those opinions. I often provide links to facts which support my opinions.

midcan QUOTED GOP candidates and NOT ONE of you has refuted those statements.

Once again, there is no need to refute statements of how we can help the poor. When we make statements that we want to help the poor, it doesn't mean we are against them. Quite the opposite.

If I quote you as saying "I want peace" and then claim that this means you want to anhilate ever person on the planet, are you really obligated to refute your statements saying otherwise? That would be absurd.

When someone, anyone, can show me something republicans have done for America that is good for America, I'll stop picking on them. Preaching and engaging in stereotypes and just plain stupid talk doesn't count.

As an addendum I could add why do other republicans (above) apologize for statements that are mean spirited, wrong, and code for the neanderthals among us?

This is about the working poor, it is about real people who work everyday, it is not about the image in the right wing mind of the Cadillac mom - a made up myth by the way. People born into privilege lead lives that today exist in a place the working poor can only dream about. http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...h-should-not-be-taxed-more-7.html#post4391251

Our nation would be fine without the rich. The assumption that the rich create jobs is easily disputed today as we have more rich than ever and less jobs. Sometimes money and wealth are created, not through positive acts for the society that supports their endeavors, but by acts such as outsourcing and tax loopholes that are not positive.

The Empathy Ceiling: The Rich Are Different

What Should a Billionaire Give – and What Should You?, by Peter Singer

wow wow wow..So ALL the people WHO identify themselves as Republican, has NEVER done any good for this country?

as for the rest...:cuckoo:

I post my opinions and the reasons I hold those opinions. I often provide links to facts which support my opinions.

So, are you completely without logic, or are you a fucking moron? Which is it?

Still not refuted. The insults continue to fly, though.

LOL, what a dishonest twist.

Is it better to give someone a job and skills to make it on there own? Let them hold their own destiny in there hands?

Or is it better to keep a person in a cycle of minimum handouts that amounts to scraps off the table and encourage them not to break the cycles!

Dimocrats want to keep the poor and minorities on welfare programs and punish them if they leave. Keep them in a state of accepting crumble off the table and then they rely on it. It becomes such a crutch that the dependency leads to control.

It's a system that will eventually break. See what is happening in Europe with the welfare state!

Why do republicans hate the poor but love the rich?

"If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered." Proverbs 21:13

What can one make of the statements below?

"If you're low-income...in many states you can qualify for Medicaid, you can qualify for food stamps, you can qualify for housing assistance, [even] if you're in poverty...That is not a healthy thing for children, it's not a healthy thing for society...Suffering, if you're a Christian, suffering is a part of life. And it's not a bad thing, it is an essential thing in life...There are all different ways to suffer. One way to suffer is through lack of food and shelter and there's another way to suffer which is lack of dignity and hope." Rick

"Really poor children in really poor neighborhoods have no habits of working and have nobody around them who works. So they literally have no habit of showing up on Monday. They have no habit of staying all day. They have no habit of 'I do this and you give me cash,' unless it's illegal." ¶ "You have a very poor neighborhood. You have kids who are required under law to go to school. They have no money. They have no habit of work. What if you paid them part-time in the afternoon to sit at the clerical office and greet people when they came in? What if you paid them to work as the assistant librarian? And I'd pay them as early as is reasonable and practical. ¶ "I am prepared to find something that works, that breaks us out of the cycles we're involved in right now, and finding a way for poor children to learn how to work and learning how to have money that they've earned honestly is an integral part of that." Newt

Note to Rick and Newt's mom, Mrs Mom you raised an awful child.

Who was it that said the past is never past. They missed Newt.

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money." Matthew 6:24

What "twist"?

"If you're low-income...in many states you can qualify for Medicaid, you can qualify for food stamps, you can qualify for housing assistance, [even] if you're in poverty...That is not a healthy thing for children, it's not a healthy thing for society...Suffering, if you're a Christian, suffering is a part of life. And it's not a bad thing, it is an essential thing in life...There are all different ways to suffer. One way to suffer is through lack of food and shelter and there's another way to suffer which is lack of dignity and hope."

Why do republicans hate the poor but love the rich?

"If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered." Proverbs 21:13

What can one make of the statements below?

"If you're low-income...in many states you can qualify for Medicaid, you can qualify for food stamps, you can qualify for housing assistance, [even] if you're in poverty...That is not a healthy thing for children, it's not a healthy thing for society...Suffering, if you're a Christian, suffering is a part of life. And it's not a bad thing, it is an essential thing in life...There are all different ways to suffer. One way to suffer is through lack of food and shelter and there's another way to suffer which is lack of dignity and hope." Rick

"Really poor children in really poor neighborhoods have no habits of working and have nobody around them who works. So they literally have no habit of showing up on Monday. They have no habit of staying all day. They have no habit of 'I do this and you give me cash,' unless it's illegal." ¶ "You have a very poor neighborhood. You have kids who are required under law to go to school. They have no money. They have no habit of work. What if you paid them part-time in the afternoon to sit at the clerical office and greet people when they came in? What if you paid them to work as the assistant librarian? And I'd pay them as early as is reasonable and practical. ¶ "I am prepared to find something that works, that breaks us out of the cycles we're involved in right now, and finding a way for poor children to learn how to work and learning how to have money that they've earned honestly is an integral part of that." Newt

Note to Rick and Newt's mom, Mrs Mom you raised an awful child.

Who was it that said the past is never past. They missed Newt.

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money." Matthew 6:24

Really? The Bible deserves insults?

Let me ask the lib/dems a question: is it moral to spend your children's money on yourself? Isn't that what you're doing, increasing gov't spending and the debt/deficits for programs that help people today at the expense of our kids tomorrow? Used to be we sacrificed for our kids, now we expect them to sacrifice for us, how moral is that? Used to be we wanted to leave them a better world, now we want a better world for ourselves with no consideration for the world they will have to live in and deal with.

How moral is it to spend money you don't have, even with the best of intentions? It's not like the repubs haven't done it too, but not like the dems have, not that much. Everyone talks about class warfare, but not a lot of mentioned about generational warfare. Democrats talk all the time about raising taxes on the rich as though we can pay for all the social welfare programs with the extra revenue. But only a fool believes that receiving an extra $80 billion a year will make up for a $1.5 trillion deficit. And only a fool would take the chance of retarding economic growth and job creation at a time like this by raising taxes on those who would invest the most in new businesses. Now that's immoral.

Last edited:

Midcan posts some quotes that the GOP posters refuse to address. Midcan rocks.

Insults don't.

Well look what do you want? I disagree with Perry's statements. So what. Just because he's a Republican and I am too it doesn't mean we always have to agree and neither does a statement by Perry suddenly define the Republican party. Big deal.

As far as Newt's comments....yeah there are a lot of people who are as he describes. Are they all that way? No. But some are. So what? Is that what everyone is looking for?

And BTW...the quote about money and God is being misunderstood. It doesn't say that it's a bad thing to have money. It just implies that money should not be one's master. The scripture about rich men and getting a camel through the eye of a needle. Very misunderstood. It doesn't mean heaven is forbidden to the rich. It means that it's very difficult for someone with great wealth to focus on anything BUT their wealth which, again, makes money and not God their master.

Well look what do you want? I disagree with Perry's statements. So what. Just because he's a Republican and I am too it doesn't mean we always have to agree and neither does a statement by Perry suddenly define the Republican party. Big deal.

As far as Newt's comments....yeah there are a lot of people who are as he describes. Are they all that way? No. But some are. So what? Is that what everyone is looking for?

And BTW...the quote about money and God is being misunderstood. It doesn't say that it's a bad thing to have money. It just implies that money should not be one's master. The scripture about rich men and getting a camel through the eye of a needle. Very misunderstood. It doesn't mean heaven is forbidden to the rich. It means that it's very difficult for someone with great wealth to focus on anything BUT their wealth which, again, makes money and not God their master.

Matthew 6:24. 24 “No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."

It's a mistake to think it's only the poor the right wing hates. They hate lots and lots of people. People of all colors, religions and various sexual persuasions. They just hate. A lot. Who knows why? Even they don't know why.

Matthew 6:24. 24 “No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."

Right....the key word there being "serve". Having money is not a problem. Making your money your master is a problem. Putting money over God is the problem. If someone can have money and maintain their focus on God as the priority...no problem. Rake it in with both hands.

It's a mistake to think it's only the poor the right wing hates. They hate lots and lots of people. People of all colors, religions and various sexual persuasions. They just hate. A lot. Who knows why? Even they don't know why.

Well, I guess if anyone would know about hate, it would be you. I feel sorry for you.

Does anyone know why YOU are the world's most transparent fucking troll?

well fer sure this post shows off your LOVE.

the reason you don't know why is because it's not true.

Well your really are a LIAR TARE,because you said the SAME THING TO ME.............BUT WE ALL KNOW who the only TROLL ON HERE IS.....you got it...YES ITS YOU UNKOTROLL.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::clap2::clap2::clap2::cuckoo::cuckoo::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:
I'm theliq and today I have already kicked this TROLLs sorry ASS.

Check out his posts on various threads......he's a complete total CRETIN:lol::lol:

Well your really are a LIAR TARE,because you said the SAME THING TO ME.............BUT WE ALL KNOW who the only TROLL ON HERE IS.....you got it...YES ITS YOU UNKOTROLL.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::clap2::clap2::clap2::cuckoo::cuckoo::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:
I'm theliq and today I have already kicked this TROLLs sorry ASS.

Check out his posts on various treads......he's a complete total CRETIN:lol::lol:
valium-1.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back