Republican Morality

Tax cuts for the wealthy. Cutting services for the poor. Promoting greed by doing away with regulations.

Why do republicans hate the poor but love the rich?

"If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered." Proverbs 21:13

What can one make of the statements below?

"If you're low-income...in many states you can qualify for Medicaid, you can qualify for food stamps, you can qualify for housing assistance, [even] if you're in poverty...That is not a healthy thing for children, it's not a healthy thing for society...Suffering, if you're a Christian, suffering is a part of life. And it's not a bad thing, it is an essential thing in life...There are all different ways to suffer. One way to suffer is through lack of food and shelter and there's another way to suffer which is lack of dignity and hope." Rick

"Really poor children in really poor neighborhoods have no habits of working and have nobody around them who works. So they literally have no habit of showing up on Monday. They have no habit of staying all day. They have no habit of 'I do this and you give me cash,' unless it's illegal." ¶ "You have a very poor neighborhood. You have kids who are required under law to go to school. They have no money. They have no habit of work. What if you paid them part-time in the afternoon to sit at the clerical office and greet people when they came in? What if you paid them to work as the assistant librarian? And I'd pay them as early as is reasonable and practical. ¶ "I am prepared to find something that works, that breaks us out of the cycles we're involved in right now, and finding a way for poor children to learn how to work and learning how to have money that they've earned honestly is an integral part of that." Newt

Note to Rick and Newt's mom, Mrs Mom you raised an awful child.

Who was it that said the past is never past. They missed Newt.

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money." Matthew 6:24
You remind me of someone. lets see, oh yeah, cammmbpell and dragon. Are you guys triplets or did you all go to the same school of idiocy.

"If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered." Proverbs 21:13

"If you're low-income...in many states you can qualify for Medicaid, you can qualify for food stamps, you can qualify for housing assistance, [even] if you're in poverty...That is not a healthy thing for children, it's not a healthy thing for society...Suffering, if you're a Christian, suffering is a part of life. And it's not a bad thing, it is an essential thing in life...There are all different ways to suffer. One way to suffer is through lack of food and shelter and there's another way to suffer which is lack of dignity and hope." Rick

"Really poor children in really poor neighborhoods have no habits of working and have nobody around them who works. So they literally have no habit of showing up on Monday. They have no habit of staying all day. They have no habit of 'I do this and you give me cash,' unless it's illegal." ¶ "You have a very poor neighborhood. You have kids who are required under law to go to school. They have no money. They have no habit of work. What if you paid them part-time in the afternoon to sit at the clerical office and greet people when they came in? What if you paid them to work as the assistant librarian? And I'd pay them as early as is reasonable and practical. ¶ "I am prepared to find something that works, that breaks us out of the cycles we're involved in right now, and finding a way for poor children to learn how to work and learning how to have money that they've earned honestly is an integral part of that." Newt

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money." Matthew 6:24

Republican Morality

Or - you know. Not.

What's strange is how they want to "share" their values. They will say, "We don't want to be forced into helping people". The odd thing is how they define "help". To me, you truly help people through education and job training. To them, since they despise education, they think if they give some old can of creamed corn, then they've "helped".

For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. 2 Thessalonians 3:10

When someone, anyone, can show me something republicans have done for America that is good for America, I'll stop picking on them.

Oh so i assume you think blacks should still be slaves, huh?

If his position is internally consistant, then clearly he does. He must also believe in segregation and hate civil rights.

Absolutely...among other things. But I will give him/her this. He said if someone would provide one thing, anything, that the Republicans have done that was a benefit to America he would shut the fuck up. We haven't heard from him since. :lol:

NOt a religious guy, but the Bible also calls for one to work for ones keep.

The problem with the Welfare State is that it creates a sense that the world owes you something. It goes against what used to be called the Protestant Work Ethic.

I think it is one thing to help someone who has hit a rough patch. Yes, that is the decent thing to do. I think it is quite another for a person to expect to live off of others his whole life.

We have families that have been on welfare for four generations. That's absolutely insane.

For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. 2 Thessalonians 3:10

"Would not" not "Could not".

And those who cannot are those who need the safety net. Again. The widowed, elderly, infirm, and children.

We have programs for those people who can not. Welfare is designed for the people who will not. Those who truly can not should be in a facility.

And those who cannot are those who need the safety net. Again. The widowed, elderly, infirm, and children.

We have programs for those people who can not. Welfare is designed for the people who will not. Those who truly can not should be in a facility.

Welfare should be for those who "can not". Housing facilities under a bridge should be for those who "will not".

Warehousing people is your solution?

I'm 53. If I reach a certain point and I'm indigent - in your mind, no SSI, right? Just - either stick me on an ice floe and ship me off to sea, or send me to the poor house? Is that how you see life unfolding for America's elderly?

I believe that homes for the elderly should be well funded and even better staffed. I do not believe that the maintaining of their private residence should be a tax payers burden when we can consolidate and cut costs while increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of the care provided.

BluePhantom in theory I agree with you but in practice........ that's another story.

Okay - and then all of us who paid in for decades. I assume those funds will be returned to us. I don't dare to hope for the attendant interest, but surely my money will be returned to it's rightful holder.

Yes, this is totally tongue-in-cheek. Social security is fine, and will be so for at least another 25 years. But does the Republican party honestly think they can financially rape everybody, take all they have paid in for years and years, and give them nothing in return but a "Too bad, so sad?"

My belief is that is Social Security is assisting one's income then they are independent but when social security is the primary source of income then it would be better used to create a facility where the combined social security incomes would provide a far better standard of living and treatment for the elderly.

LBJ's "great society" ripped apart Black families and kept the poor on the democrat party plantation. Radical lefties seem to think they are better off on the political plantation than if they were free to engage in the (gasp) capitalist benefits of the greatest Country in the world. You gotta wonder how Americans could possibly think that corporations are the enemy . Maybe it's the union based school system.

Okay - and then all of us who paid in for decades. I assume those funds will be returned to us. I don't dare to hope for the attendant interest, but surely my money will be returned to it's rightful holder.

Yes, this is totally tongue-in-cheek. Social security is fine, and will be so for at least another 25 years. But does the Republican party honestly think they can financially rape everybody, take all they have paid in for years and years, and give them nothing in return but a "Too bad, so sad?"

You don't "pay into" taxes.

False Premise. You do that allot. You should be linking Quotes. ;) It helps wit context and credibility. :)

Forum List

Back