Republican Implosion: Really? This is serious?

Personal insults aren't earned. They are generally used by people who are intellectually incapable of making pertinent points or rebuttals.

And as to Romney, right about what?

His plan was to let GM go belly up..and to force foreclosures to happen at a faster rate. Both ideas would have really caused a big meltdown.

And it demonstrates what a patently bad idea it is to elect a corporate raider..President of the United States.

Neither would have caused even a little meltdown - other than in the minds of fools.

LOL. Well, I am glad that we elected someone that was not of the mind to test your economic theories. Guess you can try again in 2016 for someone that favors going back to the 1890's.

Hmmmm..... Who's missing the point here? Are Life, Liberty, Property, and the Pursuit of Happiness, .... you know, Individual Liberty, truly that offensive to you and your design of World Domination? I guess we knew that all along huh. :)

When the Moon Colony happens I nominate you as or Mascot Sallow. You can howl at it and party 24/7 then. :)

I take it you are in the Gingrich column. But they won't be speaking Spanish on the moon, you betcha..it's a ghetto language..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjHa1JHiHFU]Newt Gingrich Racist Comments: "Spanish is a language of the ghetto" - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFNQBTOVF4o]Obama Says--White Folk's Greed Runs a World In Need - YouTube[/ame]

You agree with Apartheid? How about Jim Crow laws? Like those too?

Personal insults aren't earned. They are generally used by people who are intellectually incapable of making pertinent points or rebuttals.

His plan was to let GM go belly up..and to force foreclosures to happen at a faster rate. Both ideas would have really caused a big meltdown.

And it demonstrates what a patently bad idea it is to elect a corporate raider..President of the United States.

Neither would have caused even a little meltdown - other than in the minds of fools.

The loss of the American Auto Industry wouldn't have caused an economic meltdown? Seriously? That's your stance?

:lol: Simply amazing.

The Bankruptcies would have caused restructuring including renegotiation of Union Contracts. Sore spot huh? :D Let me scratch behind your ear. :lol:

Been watching the Republican meltdown of late and gosh, it's becoming more and more of a joke lately. After the disaster of the Bush administration, the Republicans doubled down on the nuttiness and let the patients take over the asylum instead of admitting fault. Well it cost them big. The Tea Party types no longer took marching orders from the establishment types and were completely unwilling to compromise on anything. This lead to such happy moments as the S&P downgrade, the near shutdown of the government and a plethora of ridiculous new bills trying to get rid of abortion and put up a Constitutional amendment to cap spending. Then came the candidates. It seemed that everyone with a screw loose was allowed in. From "civil rights are wrong" Ron Paul, to "the founding fathers worked tirelessly to stop slavery" Ms. Death Panels herself, Michelle Bachmann. The more "reasonable" candidates like Pawlenty and Huntsman were knocked off early. So what it seems now is we have a fight between sleazy businessman the very Gordon Gekko, say anything for a laugh, Willard Mitt Romney against disgraced sleaze bag bigotted racist, Newton Leroy Gingrich.

Recently on a Radio show, Romney admitted the economy was getting better.

Romney affirms Obama's economic record. Oops. - Video on msnbc.com
Political Animal - Romney: U.S. economy ‘getting better’ under Obama
INGRAHAM: You’ve also noted that there are signs of improvement on the horizon in the economy. How do you answer the president’s argument that the economy is getting better in a general election campaign if you yourself are saying it’s getting better?

ROMNEY: Well, of course it’s getting better. The economy always gets better after a recession, there is always a recovery. […]

INGRAHAM: Isn’t it a hard argument to make if you’re saying, like, OK, he inherited this recession, he took a bunch of steps to try to turn the economy around, and now, we’re seeing more jobs, but vote against him anyway? Isn’t that a hard argument to make? Is that a stark enough contrast?

ROMNEY: Have you got a better one, Laura? It just happens to be the truth.

And this from a guy with a secret Swiss bank account and Cayman Island investments.

Are you guys serious or what?

This has to be a joke. :lol:

I think that's his way of saying that if Newt gets the nomination Mitten will vote for Obama.

Mitten will support Newt. Just like Hillary supported that cartoon guy. ;)

The loss of the American Auto Industry wouldn't have caused an economic meltdown? Seriously? That's your stance?

If a company cannot compete, it should not exist. Business does not exist to provide jobs, it exists to make money.

FYI, I pretty much was ok with bailing out GE.... I saw it as a necessary evil. The real issue was not GE. It was, and remains, that clusterfuck of a stimulus.... the stimulus that wasn't.... that is down to Obama. That money should have been used to actually stimulate the economy, not a money-grab by special interests, and shoring up of incompetent state governments. Used wisely, we could now be in a much better position, and with Obama much more likely to retain the Presidency as a result. But no. He chose to waste billions of taxpayers dollars with jack shit to show for it.

Democrats should be furious about it. But you're such fucking hacks that you blindly follow whatever the Messiah says.

Been watching the Republican meltdown of late and gosh, it's becoming more and more of a joke lately. After the disaster of the Bush administration, the Republicans doubled down on the nuttiness and let the patients take over the asylum instead of admitting fault. Well it cost them big. The Tea Party types no longer took marching orders from the establishment types and were completely unwilling to compromise on anything. This lead to such happy moments as the S&P downgrade, the near shutdown of the government and a plethora of ridiculous new bills trying to get rid of abortion and put up a Constitutional amendment to cap spending. Then came the candidates. It seemed that everyone with a screw loose was allowed in. From "civil rights are wrong" Ron Paul, to "the founding fathers worked tirelessly to stop slavery" Ms. Death Panels herself, Michelle Bachmann. The more "reasonable" candidates like Pawlenty and Huntsman were knocked off early. So what it seems now is we have a fight between sleazy businessman the very Gordon Gekko, say anything for a laugh, Willard Mitt Romney against disgraced sleaze bag bigotted racist, Newton Leroy Gingrich.

INGRAHAM: You’ve also noted that there are signs of improvement on the horizon in the economy. How do you answer the president’s argument that the economy is getting better in a general election campaign if you yourself are saying it’s getting better?

ROMNEY: Well, of course it’s getting better. The economy always gets better after a recession, there is always a recovery. […]

INGRAHAM: Isn’t it a hard argument to make if you’re saying, like, OK, he inherited this recession, he took a bunch of steps to try to turn the economy around, and now, we’re seeing more jobs, but vote against him anyway? Isn’t that a hard argument to make? Is that a stark enough contrast?

And this from a guy with a secret Swiss bank account and Cayman Island investments.

I have no problem with Romney admitted the economy is getting better. I give him kudos for admitting that.

So now the left criticize Romney for being honest.

This is serious.... seriously funny.

It doesn't matter what a Republican says, the left will find an excuse to attack it. If all the candidates were perfect libertarian clones, Sallow would attack them for that.

LOL. Well, I am glad that we elected someone that was not of the mind to test your economic theories. Guess you can try again in 2016 for someone that favors going back to the 1890's.

Hmmmm..... Who's missing the point here? Are Life, Liberty, Property, and the Pursuit of Happiness, .... you know, Individual Liberty, truly that offensive to you and your design of World Domination? I guess we knew that all along huh. :)

What point are you trying to make here? That rescuing an essential industry, one that provides jobs, a manufacturing base and military equipment, was the wrong thing to do?

Depends..on which day you are talking to him.

"The recession is deeper because of our president," said Romney on Monday, the Los Angeles Times reports. "It's seen an anemic recovery because of our president. The people who want the status quo can vote for him, but people who want real change and jobs for Americans are going to vote for us."
Mitt Romney Reverses Course Again, Says Obama Made Recession Worse

And he's right. The recession is deeper because of Obama... and it is an anemic recovery.

I guess you have to have an intellectual level over that of a houseplant to get it.

Just saying it doesn't make it so. You can't PROVE that the economy would have recovered any differently no matter how much you THINK you have some Magic 8 ball.

This Time Is Different
Unlike all other post-World War II recessions, the 2008–09 episode was precipitated by a banking crisis. A number of researchers have shown that downturns associated with banking crises tend to be more severe, and furthermore, in their aftermath, output takes a lot longer to recover.In some cases, the crisis seems to persistently affect the trend rate of growth, while in other cases, the growth path of activity seems to shift down.[...]
Recessions and Banking Crises
While the U.S. economy has been in a recovery for almost two years, the pace has been unusually weak by the country’s historical standards. Rather than seeing the V-shaped recovery that might have been expected given the severity of the downturn, the nation is undergoing a more protracted process. However, when viewed in a broader international context, the pace of the recovery seems to be very much in line with what other countries have experienced. The persistence of the output losses associated with banking crises should serve as additional motivation—if any were needed—for preventing recurrences in the future.

The Sluggish Recovery from the Great Recession: Why There Is No ‘V’ Rebound This Time

"The recession is deeper because of our president," said Romney on Monday, the Los Angeles Times reports. "It's seen an anemic recovery because of our president. The people who want the status quo can vote for him, but people who want real change and jobs for Americans are going to vote for us."
Mitt Romney Reverses Course Again, Says Obama Made Recession Worse

And he's right. The recession is deeper because of Obama... and it is an anemic recovery.

I guess you have to have an intellectual level over that of a houseplant to get it.

The Great Recession of GWB did not become a second Great Depression because Bush finally realized shit had hit the fan and tossed Cheney under the bus. Of course, too little to late and Obama was the recipient of an economic crisis which he handled without any playbook to reference.

Obama brought us back from the brink. Were mistakes made? Of course, but in the heat of the moment and no chart for guidence he alone navigated us through dangerous waters. To opine the recession is deeper because of Obama is a damn lie.

How is reorganizing debts losing an industry? :cuckoo:

If a company cannot compete, it should not exist. Business does not exist to provide jobs, it exists to make money.

FYI, I pretty much was ok with bailing out GE.... I saw it as a necessary evil. The real issue was not GE. It was, and remains, that clusterfuck of a stimulus.... the stimulus that wasn't.... that is down to Obama. That money should have been used to actually stimulate the economy, not a money-grab by special interests, and shoring up of incompetent state governments. Used wisely, we could now be in a much better position, and with Obama much more likely to retain the Presidency as a result. But no. He chose to waste billions of taxpayers dollars with jack shit to show for it.

Democrats should be furious about it. But you're such fucking hacks that you blindly follow whatever the Messiah says.

Seriously? We've had bailouts for "companies that couldn't compete" in nearly every Republican administration during my lifetime. And we didn't bailout GE..it was GM, General Motors. General Motors is the backbone of the auto industry. It doesn't only manufacture it's own brand of automobile..it manufactures parts for other companies..like Ford. Had it gone down..it would have been very difficult for a company like Ford to stay in business..or at least at it's present size. General Motors also manufactures vehicles for the military. So that would have been another huge blow to America.

And the Stimulus was not a "special interest money grab". Alot of that money went into the coffers of state governments to keep it's workforce in place. Like for another Presidential candidate, Rick Perry. He plugged up holes caused by tax cuts to stave off firing police, firefighters and teachers. Same with Bobby Jindal. And many infrastructure projects were started as the result of the stimulus. It did exactly what it was intended to do. If anything, it was to small. But it worked.

The Great Recession of GWB did not become a second Great Depression because Bush finally realized shit had hit the fan and tossed Cheney under the bus. Of course, too little to late and Obama was the recipient of an economic crisis which he handled without any playbook to reference.

Obama brought us back from the brink. Were mistakes made? Of course, but in the heat of the moment and no chart for guidence he alone navigated us through dangerous waters. To opine the recession is deeper because of Obama is a damn lie.

I know you need to blame Bush. I understand that. But throwing away reality in your desperate attempt to 'blame' an individual is not helping you.

And, no, Obama didn't bring us back from the brink. He has, however, managed to keep us on the brink instead of falling into it. I'll give him that much... but I suspect that was luck more than judgement.

Absolutely. :clap2:

I have no problem with Romney admitted the economy is getting better. I give him kudos for admitting that.

So do I.

Keeping the Bush tax cuts in place were the best move Obama could make.

And the proof is in the numbers.

It is no more a dam lie than saying Obama brought us back from the brink.

Yours is theory that can not be proven, just as mine is.

Forum List

Back