Republican Implosion: Really? This is serious?

And he's right. The recession is deeper because of Obama... and it is an anemic recovery.

I guess you have to have an intellectual level over that of a houseplant to get it.

The Great Recession of GWB did not become a second Great Depression because Bush finally realized shit had hit the fan and tossed Cheney under the bus. Of course, too little to late and Obama was the recipient of an economic crisis which he handled without any playbook to reference.

Obama brought us back from the brink. Were mistakes made? Of course, but in the heat of the moment and no chart for guidence he alone navigated us through dangerous waters. To opine the recession is deeper because of Obama is a damn lie.

It is no more a dam lie than saying Obama brought us back from the brink.

Yours is theory that can not be proven, just as mine is.

Sure it is.

Fucking republicans were in a panic at the end of the Bush administration. And it wasn't over nothing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ-70rQD19M]CSPAN Sep 29 08 Boehner on TARP Bill - YouTube[/ame]

Don't let it go down the memory hole.. :lol:

Lehman re-organized debts? Or became a branch of Barclays.

Take your time.

Lehman?

You were talking about the auto industry.

Stay on topic.

Lehman is a fine example of letting a corporation "re-organize" it's debts.

:lol:

you obviously do not understand the difference between reorgaonizing a service company versus a manufacturer.

More often than not, the reorganizing of a service company is not worth the time, effort or money....as there is no inventory.

You are way off using a service company to comapare to the auto industry. Apples and oranges.

Last edited:
The Great Recession of GWB did not become a second Great Depression because Bush finally realized shit had hit the fan and tossed Cheney under the bus. Of course, too little to late and Obama was the recipient of an economic crisis which he handled without any playbook to reference.

Obama brought us back from the brink. Were mistakes made? Of course, but in the heat of the moment and no chart for guidence he alone navigated us through dangerous waters. To opine the recession is deeper because of Obama is a damn lie.

Sure it is.

Fucking republicans were in a panic at the end of the Bush administration. And it wasn't over nothing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ-70rQD19M]CSPAN Sep 29 08 Boehner on TARP Bill - YouTube[/ame]

lol...you quite obviously take politics at face value.

I suggest you dont.

Lehman?

You were talking about the auto industry.

Stay on topic.

you obviously do not understand the difference between reorgaonizing a service company versus a manufacturer.

More often than not, the reorganizing of a service company is not worth the time, effort or money....as there is no inventory.

You are way off using a service company to comapare to the auto industry. Apples and oranges.

The point went over your head..and in any case..it's not the topic of the thread.

But you are wrong. Plenty of other "service" companies were bailed out BECAUSE of what happened to Lehman.

Lehman was a proof of concept. It scared the shit out of the politicians.

And he's right. The recession is deeper because of Obama... and it is an anemic recovery.

I guess you have to have an intellectual level over that of a houseplant to get it.

I know you need to blame Bush. I understand that. But throwing away reality in your desperate attempt to 'blame' an individual is not helping you.

And, no, Obama didn't bring us back from the brink. He has, however, managed to keep us on the brink instead of falling into it. I'll give him that much... but I suspect that was luck more than judgement.

You must have brown eyes, as full of shit as you are. I don't need to "blame Bush"; Bush was in the oval for seven years and nine months before the October 2008 melt down, the buck stopped at his desk.

As for Obama's performance, he has done as best as one might expect under very difficult circumstances. People like you as well as the conservative media lie and attempt to revise history; yes, you are able to fool some of the people all of the time (a shoutout to the echo chamber and the Tea Party ship of fools).

Last edited:

Sure it is.

lol...you quite obviously take politics at face value.

I suggest you dont.

The face value here..was that consevative concepts about the economy brought us to near collapse.

That's the take away. Expensive as it was..

The point went over your head..and in any case..it's not the topic of the thread.

But you are wrong. Plenty of other "service" companies were bailed out BECAUSE of what happened to Lehman.

Look Sallow...I like you but I refuse to let you call me wrong about something I know ALOT about and you know very little or nothing about.

A service company rarely will gain with a restructuring of debt....more often than not, they restructure the debt for distribution to the creditors and close their doors.....and all they have is IP to sell off and things such as office equipment....and, of course, any outstanding receivables. They can not sell contracts for contracts in a service company are valid ONLY with the company itself as long as it is in business...one can not sell a contract with a service company to a third party.

A manufacturer CAN sell contracts...it CAN sell inventory....it CAN sell machinery...

Comparing service to manufacturer as it pertains to re-org is silly.

Nothing went over my head. I would NEVER have expected Lehman to be able to re-org.

GM? Absolutely...I saw Chrysler do it.

Look Sallow...I like you but I refuse to let you call me wrong about something I know ALOT about and you know very little or nothing about.

A service company rarely will gain with a restructuring of debt....more often than not, they restructure the debt for distribution to the creditors and close their doors.....and all they have is IP to sell off and things such as office equipment....and, of course, any outstanding receivables. They can not sell contracts for contracts in a service company are valid ONLY with the company itself as long as it is in business...one can not sell a contract with a service company to a third party.

A manufacturer CAN sell contracts...it CAN sell inventory....it CAN sell machinery...

Nothing went over my head. I would NEVER have expected Lehman to be able to re-org.

You are talking Macro vs. Micro.

And you are wrong. AIG, Goldman Sachs, Merill Lynch, Citigroup and a myriad of other financial firms were as in BAD a shape as Lehman..hence TARP.

You are talking about a meltdown of epic proportions..cause they all would have gone down at the SAME time.

That's what you are missing..and that's why you are wrong.

Apples and Oranges are all the same to S.

A company is a company.

Been watching the Republican meltdown of late and gosh, it's becoming more and more of a joke lately. After the disaster of the Bush administration, the Republicans doubled down on the nuttiness and let the patients take over the asylum instead of admitting fault. Well it cost them big. The Tea Party types no longer took marching orders from the establishment types and were completely unwilling to compromise on anything. This lead to such happy moments as the S&P downgrade, the near shutdown of the government and a plethora of ridiculous new bills trying to get rid of abortion and put up a Constitutional amendment to cap spending. Then came the candidates. It seemed that everyone with a screw loose was allowed in. From "civil rights are wrong" Ron Paul, to "the founding fathers worked tirelessly to stop slavery" Ms. Death Panels herself, Michelle Bachmann. The more "reasonable" candidates like Pawlenty and Huntsman were knocked off early. So what it seems now is we have a fight between sleazy businessman the very Gordon Gekko, say anything for a laugh, Willard Mitt Romney against disgraced sleaze bag bigotted racist, Newton Leroy Gingrich.

Recently on a Radio show, Romney admitted the economy was getting better.

Romney affirms Obama's economic record. Oops. - Video on msnbc.com
Political Animal - Romney: U.S. economy ‘getting better’ under Obama
INGRAHAM: You’ve also noted that there are signs of improvement on the horizon in the economy. How do you answer the president’s argument that the economy is getting better in a general election campaign if you yourself are saying it’s getting better?

ROMNEY: Well, of course it’s getting better. The economy always gets better after a recession, there is always a recovery. […]

INGRAHAM: Isn’t it a hard argument to make if you’re saying, like, OK, he inherited this recession, he took a bunch of steps to try to turn the economy around, and now, we’re seeing more jobs, but vote against him anyway? Isn’t that a hard argument to make? Is that a stark enough contrast?

ROMNEY: Have you got a better one, Laura? It just happens to be the truth.

And this from a guy with a secret Swiss bank account and Cayman Island investments.

Are you guys serious or what?

This has to be a joke. :lol:

Laura Ingraham is a voice of reason now.

How crazy has the party gotten when that is the case.

And you are wrong. AIG, Goldman Sachs, Merill Lynch, Citigroup and a myriad of other financial firms were as in BAD a shape as Lehman..hence TARP.

You are talking about a meltdown of epic proportions..cause they all would have gone down at the SAME time.

no...you seem to not understand the difference between a re-org and a bailout.

A Chapter 11 re-org is done with a manufacturer becuase the firm company has value beyond IP and beyond human capital. It has machinery; it has contracts; it has inventory. A court allows them to reorg, pay debt at 30 cents to the dollar (or even less)...cancel labor contracts for renegotiation....it must show the corut a business plan that makes sense...and it moves on.

A service company can recieve a "bailout"...yes.....but that is not a debt re-org...that is a debt supplement...in essence...."here is cash, pay off your debt at $1 to $1, and get back to work

You need to re-visit your position on this. Comparing a debt re-org/business plan revision to a government bailout is not possible. You erred. Learn from it. We all make mistakes.

Sallow...you know what my business was....(lol...retirement is fun).....I know my shit ojn this topic.

Last edited:
the republican party courted the christian nutter vote to win elections because the cheating was just not enough to win.

Now they have lost control of that group and the group in eating them from the inside.

Poor republican power base.

TM....I have to say this...

Your posts are the most childish, non productive posts on this site. You do not debate. You do not offer any insight. You simply toss out slanderous posts about people you dont agree with.

You tend to ruin good debates.

I know you need to blame Bush. I understand that. But throwing away reality in your desperate attempt to 'blame' an individual is not helping you.

And, no, Obama didn't bring us back from the brink. He has, however, managed to keep us on the brink instead of falling into it. I'll give him that much... but I suspect that was luck more than judgement.

You must have brown eyes, as full of shit as you are. I don't need to "blame Bush"; Bush was in the oval for seven years and nine months before the October 2008 melt down, the buck stopped at his desk.

As for Obama's performance, he has done as best as one might expect under very difficult circumstances. People like you as well as the conservative media lie and attempt to revise history; yes, you are able to fool some of the people all of the time (a shoutout to the echo chamber and the Tea Party ship of fools).

It must be so much easier in your world than in the real one... the one where decades of decisions by our government (all of it, not just one guy - or one side) had unintended consequences, the world where what happens in other countries impacts globally... that kind of shit.

The problem, and it seems to be a common issue among Americans, is that they think the world begins and ends at our borders. It doesn't. What happens around the world impacts on us... and what we do impacts on them. It is not a one way street. Nor is it as easy as 'the Republicans did it' or 'the Democrats did it'... that might scare you but it is, nonetheless, absolutely true.

I'm bored beyond rigid with you (and I mean a generic 'you' for all partisans - left and right) lying to yourselves and the rest of us about the complicity of all our politicians... and ourselves in this mess.

Grow a set of balls and face reality.

no...you seem to not understand the difference between a re-org and a bailout.

A Chapter 11 re-org is done with a manufacturer becuase the firm company has value beyond IP and beyond human capital. It has machinery; it has contracts; it has inventory. A court allows them to reorg, pay debt at 30 cents to the dollar (or even less)...cancel labor contracts for renegotiation....it must show the corut a business plan that makes sense...and it moves on.

A service company can recieve a "bailout"...yes.....but that is not a debt re-org...that is a debt supplement...in essence...."here is cash, pay off your debt at $1 to $1, and get back to work

You need to re-visit your position on this. Comparing a debt re-org/business plan revision to a government bailout is not possible. You erred. Learn from it. We all make mistakes.

Sallow...you know what my business was....(lol...retirement is fun).....I know my shit ojn this topic.

Whatever man.

I know the difference and I know what happened.

Everything was going to shit at the same time. That's why we had bailouts.

And the came from the very same people who hold that government should not get involved in private business.

TM....I have to say this...

Your posts are the most childish, non productive posts on this site. You do not debate. You do not offer any insight. You simply toss out slanderous posts about people you dont agree with.

You tend to ruin good debates.

You ignore the facts.

There is cold hard court documentation of the republican poarty cheating in elections.

you want me to go get it yet again.

OK Ill be right back

Forum List

Back