Republican Gov. makes it legal to descriminate!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MajikMyst, Feb 23, 2010.

1. MajikMyst

MajikMyst Honorary Non-member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell Rolls Back Non-Discrimination Protections For Gay State Workers | TPMDC

I find this to be completely sad, but yet also telling of the gay agenda.. They truly do not have what is best for America at heart.. This action is actually very much anti-american and should be viewed as such.. Descrimintion is wrong.. Period!!

Can someone please explain to me why republicans aren't smart enough to know that yet??

Ok.. Let the spin begin..

Alright all you right wingers.. Feel free to tell us how horrible homosexuals are and how they don't deserve equal rights in the work place..

And then feel free to tell his why descrimintation is actually the American way..

2. Cal

Cal Since 2010™

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +375
    Makes me ashamed to be a Virginian.

3. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    How would America have places like the Chinatowns, Little Italy, Cicero, and Ybor City without some discrimination and self-segregation?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    I don't think every last little thing needs to be specifically laid out in terms of discrimination... do we need to include weight? Height? Eye color? Area of residence? Clothing choice? Body art?

But if some condition or choice does limit from performing the job or hindering the mission, I do not think an employer should be forced to hire because of discrimination laws. You don't want to have to hire or get sued by a blind person applying for a photo editor job. I think a church is OK to turn away a satanist groundskeeper. Etc...

5. ItHappens

ItHappens BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Rolling back non-discrimination doesn't mean they are going to be discriminated against.
    They are mutually exclusive.

6. LuckyDan

LuckyDan Sublime

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +609
    It shall be the policy of the office of the Governor to ensure equal opportunity in the workplace, encourage excellence by rewarding achievement based on merit, and prohibit discrimination for any reason. Hiring, promotion, discipline and termination of employees shall be based on qualifications, performance and results.

Shameful. No mention of heterosexuals as a protected class. What if I wanted to serve drinks in a leather bar? Just too damn bad for my strait ass, huh?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  7. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    McDonnell (R) on Feb. 5 signed an executive order that prohibits discrimination "on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, political affiliation, or against otherwise qualified persons with disabilities," as well as veterans.

i sure has hell could make a good argument if a gay person was discriminated against based on their sex.....

8. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,980
    Not just him. What about that other GOP legislator from Virginia who said that children with retardation and other birth defects were punishment from God for allowing birth control and abortion.

I'll have to find a link later, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't mentioned in the McDonnell story.

Don't you love these Republicans with their ability to talk to God? They are holier than thou, no doubt about it.

9. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,728
    The Congressional Black Caucus is discriminatory. They won't allow whites in the caucus.. You ever hear a pissant liberal complain about that??? Welldoyahuh?? :eusa_angel:

10. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,980
    Were you interested in being in the Black Caucus? Wouldn't you look, well, out of place?