Citizen United being used to defend Disney over DeSantis attacks.

Just stop, loser. It was funny, now you're just pathetic.
I understand that you are upset by the petty and vindictive authoritarian's being defied by a very popular and powerful private sector mouse.

His punishing free speech is frustrating his political ambitions, alienating free-market conservatives, and threatening Florida taxpayers.

Which shows just how racist our country still is.

Just unbelievable
There's plenty of room to be offended by that kind of manipulation without being a racist. If one could reasonably assume that a black actress was chosen because she was the best for the role, it wouldn't be an issue.
But I don't think that's likely.

I think people just want to see a movie without feeling like they're pawns in a social engineering program.

Last edited:
There's plenty of room to be offended by that kind of manipulation without being a racist. If one could reasonably assume that a black actress was chosen because she was the best in the role, but I don't think that reasonable.

I think people just want to see a movie without feeling like they're pawns in a social engineering program.

A white Jesus was picked because he best represented the way Jesus looked I suppose.

There is NOTHING wrong with trying to expand your consumer base. If you have a movie and there is a white person in the role and you make it over with a minority in that role, you expand your consumer base. Capitalism.

You know like how Coke offers Coke, Diet Coke, Vanilla Coke, etc.

Now maybe you will want to argue it didn't work because a lot of those who wanted a white in that role only got offended but really, is that Disney's fault or the fault of those who were offended?

A white Jesus was picked because he best represented the way Jesus looked I suppose.

There is NOTHING wrong with trying to expand your consumer base. If you have a movie and there is a white person in the role and you make it over with a minority in that role, you expand your consumer base. Capitalism.

You know like how Coke offers Coke, Diet Coke, Vanilla Coke, etc.

Now maybe you will want to argue it didn't work because a lot of those who wanted a white in that role only got offended but really, is that Disney's fault or the fault of those who were offended?

Then watch the white Little Mermaid. To me a movie about a mermaid triggering you in this way is crazy.

One should understand the simple capitalistic marketing principles over offering choices.

Then watch the white Little Mermaid. To me a movie about a mermaid triggering you in this way is crazy.
It's not triggering me. I'm not calling for a boycott or anything. It's just tiresome. It's very obviously a campaign to change the way we think. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but still .... people just want to see a movie without feeling like they're pawns in a social engineering program.
One should understand the simple capitalistic marketing principles over offering choices.
I don't think that's the only motive. Do you? Really?

It's not triggering me. I'm not calling for a boycott or anything. It's just tiresome. It's very obviously a campaign to change the way we think. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but still .... people just want to see a movie without feeling like they're pawns in a social engineering program.

I don't think that's the only motive. Do you? Really?

No. Again, a business targeting new audiences. Big deal.

No. Again, a business targeting new audiences. Big deal.
Well, regardless of whether you acknowledge it, most people can see it. Even those who approve of it.

Art has always had a role in social change, but that kind manipulation needs to be subtle. When it's not, the "suspension of disbelief" is sacrificed and the fiction isn't fun. It's just a sermon.

There's plenty of room to be offended by that kind of manipulation without being a racist. If one could reasonably assume that a black actress was chosen because she was the best for the role, it wouldn't be an issue.
But I don't think that's likely.

Why do you assume she was not the best for the role? Is it because a black person could not possibly be the best for a role?

I have seen a couple video of her singing and she is pretty fucking good at it.

Why do you assume she was not the best for the role? Is it because a black person could not possibly be the best for a role?

I have seen a couple video of her singing and she is pretty fucking good at it.
It's possible she was. That's the problem with "affirmative action" style activism. It robs people of genuine accolades.

All I'm saying is that "woke", which is really just an extension of "PC", has become too obvious and clumsy to be useful. It's insulting to its targets and a lot people are fed up with it.

And, sadly, they think fascists like DeSantis are the way to be rid of it.

No it doesn't. But Congress would have to pass a law that would limit the rights of corp

But I think there needs to be better clarity on what rights corporations share with "natural people". Next the wealthy will ask that their corporations should have the right to vote. The Koch brothers were able to use this decision to donate $50 million to federal Senate Campaigns. Imagine how many votes they'd have had.
Yes, it does.

‘With its decision, the Supreme Court overturned election spending restrictions that date back more than 100 years. Previously, the court had upheld certain spending restrictions, arguing that the government had a role in preventing corruption. But in Citizens United, a bare majority of the justices held that “independent political spending” did not present a substantive threat of corruption, provided it was not coordinated with a candidate’s campaign.

As a result, corporations can now spend unlimited funds on campaign advertising if they are not formally “coordinating” with a candidate or political party.’

And any law passed by Congress to limit corporate campaign contributions would be struck down as un-Constitutional by the courts.

Consequently, Citizens United makes it impossible to pursue campaign finance reform; for any meaningful reform to occur, Citizens United would need to be overturned or the Constitution amended to nullify the decision.

And any law passed by Congress to limit corporate campaign contributions would be struck down as un-Constitutional by the courts.
As it should be. The Constitution prohibits government from violating our freedom of speech. We don't forfeit that protection just because we join together with others for a common cause.

Consequently, Citizens United makes it impossible to pursue campaign finance reform; for any meaningful reform to occur, Citizens United would need to be overturned or the Constitution amended to nullify the decision.

Well, here's hoping your "reform" efforts fail. Essentially you're proposing we sacrifice freedom of speech to save democracy. I prefer freedom of speech.

As it should be. The Constitution prohibits government from violating our freedom of speech. We don't forfeit that protection just because we join together with others for a common cause.

Well, here's hoping your "reform" efforts fail. Essentially you're proposing we sacrifice freedom of speech to save democracy. I prefer freedom of speech.
Should a future Court overturn Citizens United, then any subsequent reform would be perfectly necessary, proper, lawful, and Constitutional – in no manner violating the rights of the people, reflecting the will of the people.

Should a future Court overturn Citizens United, then any subsequent reform would be perfectly necessary, proper, lawful, and Constitutional – in no manner violating the rights of the people, reflecting the will of the people.
Does that actually mean anything?

And come on, "will of the people"? I think what you really mean is "will of the majority", right? Democrats seldom recognize the difference.

fk every other people's right's and free will right? Fk us, go ahead, say it, fk us for having a different view than you and that not only is your free will actually more important it is the only rights for people. Go ahead, prove how anti american you really are.

Obama's Weaponization of Government

(Opinion Piece 10 years Ago Lest You forgot)
31 Jan 2014 ~~ By Tom Basile

When you analyze the public response to the State of the Union and the latest polling data, it’s clear that the President has lost a tremendous amount of credibility with the American public. I scarcely think he cares at this point. A tired, graying Barack Obama stood before Congress this week as a political figure, party leader, and progressive activist to make sure the Members understood one thing – he doesn’t need them. In fact, he hasn’t needed them in quite some time. After all, in his mind, it’s his government. True, the speech wasn’t as “in your face” as conservative pundits predicted. To have done so would have been even less Presidential than we are used to from this White House.
Everyone in the House Chamber knew something that the American people have yet to fully grasp and Republicans have yet to demonstrate an ability to combat – that their government has grown so large, so complex, so involved in virtually every aspect of their lives, that it is now being used as a weapon to by a small segment of the ruling political class.
The weaponization of government is happening and it's time Americans took notice. For all the folks - primarily on the left – who screamed and yelled that the Patriot Act was shredding the Constitution, far more intrusive tactics that have nothing to do with the NSA or Homeland Security are being deployed right under our noses during this Administration. Those tactics reduce every Americans’ personal and economic freedom.
~Snip~
Then there’s the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, once headed by Elizabeth Warren, also now a key cog in the Obama Administration’s effort to regulate industries and personal decision-making. The CPFB is rapidly becoming, next to the Justice Department, the Administration’s agency of choice for extending the reach of government into our daily lives and stretching the limits of the law. Unfortunately for Americans, this little-known agency is housed as part of the Federal Reserve so it exists outside of the direct pervue of Congress. How convenient for the President.
~Snip~
Our system of government is based on checks and balances. Ever since the beginning of the 20th Century, the Executive has, to one degree or another, been the dominant branch of government in large part due to the explosion of the Federal bureaucracy. Hundreds of agencies, departments, programs, task forces, and commissions are an arsenal that in the wrong hands can be used against the very freedom the government is supposed to uphold, protect and defend. Rest assured, it’s in the wrong hands. It’s time the toothless tiger called the GOP crafted a full-throat-ed strategy to investigate, expose and counter Barack Obama’s weaponization of government.

Commentary:
There’s no question that Obama is the poster child for why the Founders put the “natural born citizen” clause in the Constitution and that Obama weaponized the government in favor of communists against the American people.
It’s both chilling and embarrassing how much we’ve forgotten of Obama’s weaponization of government. We’ve gotten used to it being there and ignore it today. We thought te FISA Court was just to go after terrorists, but all it took was someone like Obama to come along and grab all that power and turn it on America.
Neocons are as much to blame for the Maoist Democrat Commies being in total control today as Obama is. Obama is evil. We knew that. Neocons tricked us. Lest we all have forgotten that Ron Paul tried to warn us at the time and the media colluded against him like the collude today to push their narratives and silence dissent.
But don't you know that "White Supremacy" is the greatest threat to America after "Climate Change."
According to the DoJ and Stasi/FBI, White Supremacy is such a great threat that the FBI has to stage false flag operations to remind us.
But Its No Big Deal!
Our Maoist Democrat Communist masters know that the pathetically servile and indolent American people will just continue to roll over and spread their collective cheeks...

Obama's Weaponization of Government

(Opinion Piece 10 years Ago Lest You forgot)
31 Jan 2014 ~~ By Tom Basile

When you analyze the public response to the State of the Union and the latest polling data, it’s clear that the President has lost a tremendous amount of credibility with the American public. I scarcely think he cares at this point. A tired, graying Barack Obama stood before Congress this week as a political figure, party leader, and progressive activist to make sure the Members understood one thing – he doesn’t need them. In fact, he hasn’t needed them in quite some time. After all, in his mind, it’s his government. True, the speech wasn’t as “in your face” as conservative pundits predicted. To have done so would have been even less Presidential than we are used to from this White House.
Everyone in the House Chamber knew something that the American people have yet to fully grasp and Republicans have yet to demonstrate an ability to combat – that their government has grown so large, so complex, so involved in virtually every aspect of their lives, that it is now being used as a weapon to by a small segment of the ruling political class.
The weaponization of government is happening and it's time Americans took notice. For all the folks - primarily on the left – who screamed and yelled that the Patriot Act was shredding the Constitution, far more intrusive tactics that have nothing to do with the NSA or Homeland Security are being deployed right under our noses during this Administration. Those tactics reduce every Americans’ personal and economic freedom.
~Snip~
Then there’s the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, once headed by Elizabeth Warren, also now a key cog in the Obama Administration’s effort to regulate industries and personal decision-making. The CPFB is rapidly becoming, next to the Justice Department, the Administration’s agency of choice for extending the reach of government into our daily lives and stretching the limits of the law. Unfortunately for Americans, this little-known agency is housed as part of the Federal Reserve so it exists outside of the direct pervue of Congress. How convenient for the President.
~Snip~
Our system of government is based on checks and balances. Ever since the beginning of the 20th Century, the Executive has, to one degree or another, been the dominant branch of government in large part due to the explosion of the Federal bureaucracy. Hundreds of agencies, departments, programs, task forces, and commissions are an arsenal that in the wrong hands can be used against the very freedom the government is supposed to uphold, protect and defend. Rest assured, it’s in the wrong hands. It’s time the toothless tiger called the GOP crafted a full-throat-ed strategy to investigate, expose and counter Barack Obama’s weaponization of government.

Commentary:
There’s no question that Obama is the poster child for why the Founders put the “natural born citizen” clause in the Constitution and that Obama weaponized the government in favor of communists against the American people.
It’s both chilling and embarrassing how much we’ve forgotten of Obama’s weaponization of government. We’ve gotten used to it being there and ignore it today. We thought te FISA Court was just to go after terrorists, but all it took was someone like Obama to come along and grab all that power and turn it on America.
Neocons are as much to blame for the Maoist Democrat Commies being in total control today as Obama is. Obama is evil. We knew that. Neocons tricked us. Lest we all have forgotten that Ron Paul tried to warn us at the time and the media colluded against him like the collude today to push their narratives and silence dissent.
But don't you know that "White Supremacy" is the greatest threat to America after "Climate Change."
According to the DoJ and Stasi/FBI, White Supremacy is such a great threat that the FBI has to stage false flag operations to remind us.
But Its No Big Deal!
Our Maoist Democrat Communist masters know that the pathetically servile and indolent American people will just continue to roll over and spread their collective cheeks...

While the issues with Obama and the FISA courts are true and undetectable, those issues started with Bush and continue on through Trump and Biden.

Forum List

Back