Republicans set to just say no to jobs bill

why do we need this, why not use the 600 billion or so left in the stimulus? this is stupid, the fact we need it shows the first stimulus failed.

And they should. Why do they want a "Jobs Bill" if their $850 Billion "Stimulus" is working so great? This "Jobs Bill" is Bull Chit. A true Conservative would have to vote Nay on this waste.

Because it's not all about helping small business. In fact, it's not even a teensey-weensey bit about helping small business.

It's all about bailing out state bureaucracies that can't control their own spending.

Didn't bother to actually READ it, I see. Do you need help? Shall I just copy the text here?

why do we need this, why not use the 600 billion or so left in the stimulus? this is stupid, the fact we need it shows the first stimulus failed.

Some of it extends tax provisions in the stimulus. Most of it concerns tax breaks, not projects. All the righties have been screeching about lowering and/or tax breaks for small businesses, well here ya go. And you still screech.

Conservative Republicans are against this bill because it spends money we do not have. They expect my four grandchildren to pay for this. Cut business taxes and regulations and small businesses will do fine.

Because it's not all about helping small business. In fact, it's not even a teensey-weensey bit about helping small business.

It's all about bailing out state bureaucracies that can't control their own spending.

Didn't bother to actually READ it, I see. Do you need help? Shall I just copy the text here?
The general details have been floating around for quite some time.

Most of the money goes to prop up spending on state bureaucracies and other "infrastructure" (read: pork) projects.

The silly, cynical and puny tax credit for new hires is outright laughable.

I want the GOP to be the "party of no" while Obama is President. In fact, I think they should use the slogan this November.

Most of the country doesn't want what Obama is trying to do.

I want the GOP to be the "party of no" while Obama is President. In fact, I think they should use the slogan this November.

This is an example of a unprovable, therefore completely meaningless statement.

Since when do you speak for "Most of the country"?

conservative republicans are against this bill because it spends money we do not have. They expect my four grandchildren to pay for this. Cut business taxes and regulations and small businesses will do fine.

read the fucking bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the legislation would: 1) reduce the cost to employers who hire new employees with a tax break for any employer who hires an employee who has been out of work for at least 60 days; 2) enhance the write-off that small businesses can take for purchases of certain equipment, freeing up capital to grow and hire workers; 3) expand the build america bonds model by making it available to existing tax credit bonds, which provides the bond holder with a federal tax credit in lieu of interest; and 4) extend the surface transportation programs (safetea-lu) through the end of the year.

The legislation is fully paid for.

Most of the money goes to prop up spending on state bureaucracies and other "infrastructure" (read: pork) projects.

There isn't a single thing in it that does that.

This is an example of a unprovable, therefore completely meaningless statement.

Since when do you speak for "Most of the country"?

I don't speak for most of the country. But polls indicate that the majority of people don't want the stimulus to pass or the Dem version of Gvt Healthcare

Some of it extends tax provisions in the stimulus. Most of it concerns tax breaks, not projects. All the righties have been screeching about lowering and/or tax breaks for small businesses, well here ya go. And you still screech.

we don't need another bill for that

you're falsely portraying what conservative want, use the current stimulus to do what this second stimulus is doing. i don't support the stimulus, but since we have it, we should utilize it to its best potental, not create another stimulus when the original one isn't even 1/3 spent....

conservative republicans are against this bill because it spends money we do not have. They expect my four grandchildren to pay for this. Cut business taxes and regulations and small businesses will do fine.

read the fucking bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the legislation would: 1) reduce the cost to employers who hire new employees with a tax break for any employer who hires an employee who has been out of work for at least 60 days; 2) enhance the write-off that small businesses can take for purchases of certain equipment, freeing up capital to grow and hire workers; 3) expand the build america bonds model by making it available to existing tax credit bonds, which provides the bond holder with a federal tax credit in lieu of interest; and 4) extend the surface transportation programs (safetea-lu) through the end of the year.

The legislation is fully paid for.

Great. Get a tax break for hiring someone who has been out of work for at least 60 days. If someone can't find a job in 60 days, they're probably not worth hiring. :lol:

Not one, but three!

Title IV: Extension of Current Surface Transportation Programs

Subtitle A: Federal-Aid Highways

Read: Pork.
Subtitle B: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, and Additional Programs

Subtitle C: Public Transportation Programs

Not one, but three!

Subtitle B: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, and Additional Programs

Subtitle C: Public Transportation Programs

Since when are transportation projects "pork"?? Oh, you ride your hossie up in them thar hills and don't need paved roads. I forgot. My bad.

Forum List

Back