Republican Debate live thread Jan 23

A spokesman for Gingrich expressed his disappointment that NBC didn't allow applause from the audience. I can understand his disappointment, as Newt thrived on the audience support in past debates.
Maybe Brian Williams read all the tweets I sent him warning that Newt would use the audience as a foil to bash him, NBC, and the rest of the media. :)

It's a tax return. When have there ever been bombs go off in a tax return?
If he's hiding money in overseas accounts in order to avoid taxes, I would call that a bomb.

Except he's not. It's called 'tax efficiency' not 'tax evasion'. But please, don't let reality get in the way of your faux outrage... what was it the Messiah used to chant? "Fired up, ready to go". :lol:

You really are one stupid bitch. You obviously either can't read what I actually write, or you are just naturally dishonest.

Go look up the word "if", dumbass.

This debate reminds me about why people don't like or trust Mittens.

He really does come off like some kind of weird robot, and the programmers just put in the fighting chip, and he's lumbering around the stage trying to get a hook in.

I really halfway expect him to screech out "Exterminate" or "Resistance is Futile" or some other robotic meme.

And the funny thing is, when he started getting desperate in 2008, he tried this same thing with McCain and Huckabee, and it turned people off then.

I actually kind of like him. He's an empty suit and a blank canvas, he's gotten through life having everything handed to him, he started on third base and thinks he hit a triple, he is out of touch, and certainly not fit to be president. But I do believe that he is a genuinely nice man with a strong moral compass who probably doesn't have very many harsh words for anybody. Some rich people still seem to hate the world and are insufferably arrogant, like Trump. Mitt doesn't come across that way. And I don't think he's a good enough actor to hide it if he did.

He really does come off like some kind of weird robot, and the programmers just put in the fighting chip, and he's lumbering around the stage trying to get a hook in.

I really halfway expect him to screech out "Exterminate" or "Resistance is Futile" or some other robotic meme.

And the funny thing is, when he started getting desperate in 2008, he tried this same thing with McCain and Huckabee, and it turned people off then.

I actually kind of like him. He's an empty suit and a blank canvas, he's gotten through life having everything handed to him, he started on third base and thinks he hit a triple, he is out of touch, and certainly not fit to be president. But I do believe that he is a genuinely nice man with a strong moral compass who probably doesn't have very many harsh words for anybody. Some rich people still seem to hate the world and are insufferably arrogant, like Trump. Mitt doesn't come across that way. And I don't think he's a good enough actor to hide it if he did.

Well we know he's not a good enough actor based on his speeches and debate performances.

Well we know he's not a good enough actor based on his speeches and debate performances.
I don't really hold that against him. I believe this country would be rich, strong, and safe right now had we elected Vice-President Gore (actually, we did), and he's about as wooden and charisma-challenged a candidate as I can remember.

A spokesman for Gingrich expressed his disappointment that NBC didn't allow applause from the audience. I can understand his disappointment, as Newt thrived on the audience support in past debates.
Maybe Brian Williams read all the tweets I sent him warning that Newt would use the audience as a foil to bash him, NBC, and the rest of the media. :)

Forgive me if this was already posted elsewhere, but....

Gingrich Threatens to Skip Debates if Audiences Can't Participate - NYTimes.com

:lmao:

He KNOWS that his ticket to the nomination is people who are waving their fists and seeing blood. Adrenalin good. Reflection bad.

Just how long does he think this will get him through? Is it enough for him to be able to wear the label "GOP presidential nominee" even if it means that people are going to wake up well before November and be scared to death of what a Newt presidency would mean?

Last edited:

Yeah, that would really teach the Lamestream Media a serious lesson!!!

I think when he says stuff like "I like to be able to fire people" and "I can't have illegals here, I'm running for office, for Pete's Sake", he shows his contempt for the little man as much as Trump does.

I don't buy he has a strong moral compass. Already granting that I never trust Mormons on principle. he just strikes me as a guy with no morality. I mean, whatever Newt did to his ex-wives, I think he regrets that now, as any normal person would. Never met a person who went through a divorce and felt anything but profound regret.

I don't think Romney feels bad about what he did to those AmPad workers for a minute.

Forum List

Back