Republican debate live thread Dec 10

Who would vote for Bachmann? What does she do or say that makes anyone like her? :confused:

She's an IRS Tax Lawyer, that's all you need to know.

That's ridiculous. Even though I would never vote for her, she has shown herself to be remarkably well spoken and actually pretty well informed. And, even though all her foster children were teenage girls who did housework and baby sitting for her "natural" children, none of them spoke of being abused. Helping all those young women was admirable.

You've got to give props where props are due. What's wrong with you people. Are you really so simple and one sided?
I don't give a shit if she took care of or adopted 100 handicapped or disadvantaged kids.

She's an IRS Tax Lawyer, that's all you need to know!

Who would vote for Bachmann? What does she do or say that makes anyone like her? :confused:

She's an IRS Tax Lawyer, that's all you need to know.

That's ridiculous. Even though I would never vote for her, she has shown herself to be remarkably well spoken and actually pretty well informed. And, even though all her foster children were teenage girls who did housework and baby sitting for her "natural" children, none of them spoke of being abused. Helping all those young women was admirable.

You've got to give props where props are due. What's wrong with you people. Are you really so simple and one sided?

Who the fuck cares?

Paul delivered thousands of babies, many times caring for patients for free who didn't even have insurance.

Yeah, Mr. "let him die", or should I say DOCTOR let him die, treated patients FOR FREE.

Listening to the reporters after the debate, it sopunds like Newt was the strongest again.

Do you always let reporters do your thinking for you?

No, but I thought that it would be better to report what was said from the media than my mind.

I personally thought all of them were strong and was actually surprised at their report. There was a question of family values given all of the debaters and it was obviously targeting Newt. Not much he could do, but all of them came off well in that spot and Gingrich had to say he asked for forgiveness.

So I actually thought they all did well.

I am also impressed with ABC for the moderating.

Last edited:
Newt Gingrich: An entry level janitor makes twice as much as an entry level teacher (in NYC).

Really? I'd love to see that fact-checked.

I was questioning that myself, did he mean that we need to become a nation of Janitors? Did not make a bit of sense to me. Did he mean that he approves of union janitors making more than teachers?? I wish someone would have thought to ask him that.

Newt had no answer for Ron Paul's correct assertion that Newt was essentially taking taxpayer money to influence Congress on behalf of Freddie Mac while Ron Paul had been warning Congress about GSE's and the housing bubble for a decade before the bubble burst. Newt tried half-assing his tired "I was a consultant and historian" excuse but everyone by now knows the story and most people know 1+1=2.

Ron Paul also nailed it on the character and marriage question when he said it's not something that needs to be talked about it because character should be evident based upon the choices people make in their lives including their choices to uphold their oath to the Constitution.

Newt had no answer for Ron Paul's correct assertion that Newt was essentially taking taxpayer money to influence Congress on behalf of Freddie Mac while Ron Paul had been warning Congress about GSE's and the housing bubble for a decade before the bubble burst. Newt tried half-assing his tired "I was a consultant and historian" excuse but everyone by now knows the story and most people know 1+1=2.

What was he consulting them to do?? He has yet to answer that question to my satisfaction.

I also thought Ron Paul had the line of the night when he said that when government decides it needs to protect us from ourselves, government has crossed the line. So boss.

Listening to the reporters after the debate, it sopunds like Newt was the strongest again.

Romney hurt himself with trying to get Perry to bet on the accuracy of one of his debate points. Ouch! He was trying to take the debate and I thought he was doing alright for a couple of slips.

You were listening to two very liberal reporters from a very liberal biased station, of course, they said Newt won as Newt is the person they want Obama to run against.

That drilling on the moon thing was quite a hit that he took and Newt defended it, in this economy we don't have the money to go to the moon, hell we don't have the money to go across the street.

As far as huring himself with the bet, I do that all the time especially when I am sure I know what I am talking about. I also bet in millions, none of which I have, the more sure I am the higher the bet goes. LOL

Last edited:

What was he consulting them to do?? He has yet to answer that question to my satisfaction.

Exactly. Newt tries to say he was telling Freddie Mac that they were going down the wrong path, but let's think about that. If that's what his advice to them was, they obviously didn't follow it, so then why would they have been paying him million$ over the course of 7+ years for him to give them advice that they ignored? Makes ZERO sense and Newt has ZERO credibility when it comes to the economy as far as I'm concerned.

Exactly. Newt tries to say he was telling Freddie Mac that they were going down the wrong path, but let's think about that. If that's what his advice to them was, they obviously didn't follow it, so then why would they have been paying him million$ over the course of 7+ years for him to give them advice that they ignored? Makes ZERO sense and Newt has ZERO credibility when it comes to the economy as far as I'm concerned.

Insiders from Freddie Mac have made it very clear that Newt never did any such thing. He never warned them, if he was not a lobbyist, what was he doing that earned him 1.6 million dollars? I don't know why he is not pressed for an answer on this. I would be on that like a wet blanket.

Ron Paul also nailed it on the character and marriage question when he said it's not something that needs to be talked about it because character should be evident based upon the choices people make in their lives including their choices to uphold their oath to the Constitution.

He nailed it on that one...

He implied that personal lives are personal lives, and it's not the duty of an elected official to be morally perfect, but it is their duty to uphold the oaths they took as elected representatives of the people..

Besides, in my opinion its quite illogical to compare a marriage, er personal relationship to a representatives relationship to his or her district, state or country.

Last edited:

Insiders from Freddie Mac have made it very clear that Newt never did any such thing. He never warned them, if he was not a lobbyist, what was he doing that earned him 1.6 million dollars? I don't know why he is not pressed for an answer on this. I would be on that like a wet blanket.

Sunlight Foundation

Since I'm not making the accusations you can prove it - I just gave you the tool.

Last edited:

Romney hurt himself with trying to get Perry to bet on the accuracy of one of his debate points. Ouch! He was trying to take the debate and I thought he was doing alright for a couple of slips.

This was the first time I saw Newt booed when he took that shot at Romney stating that he would have been a career politician if he would have won his race against Kennedy. The crowd did not like it, I am surprised the commentators did not mention that, because the audience sure did, they thought it was a cheap shot. I liked Romney's response when he said he would have been a career NFL player if he could have made the team.:badgrin:

Forum List

Back