Republican debate live thread Dec 10

What was he consulting them to do?? He has yet to answer that question to my satisfaction.

Exactly. Newt tries to say he was telling Freddie Mac that they were going down the wrong path, but let's think about that. If that's what his advice to them was, they obviously didn't follow it, so then why would they have been paying him million$ over the course of 7+ years for him to give them advice that they ignored? Makes ZERO sense and Newt has ZERO credibility when it comes to the economy as far as I'm concerned.

Insiders from Freddie Mac have made it very clear that Newt never did any such thing. He never warned them, if he was not a lobbyist, what was he doing that earned him 1.6 million dollars? I don't know why he is not pressed for an answer on this. I would be on that like a wet blanket.

It's something he has no answer for and it's something that I think will ultimately knock him out of the race. It is at the center of the critical issue in this election cycle and totally discredits Newt. It's not really a matter of if but when it will be used to finish him.

He implied that personal lives are personal lives, and it's not the duty of an elected official to be morally perfect, but it is their duty to uphold the oaths they took as elected representatives of the people..

Besides, in my opinion its quite illogical to compare a marriage, er personal relationship to a representatives relationship to his or her district, state or country.

Of course, that doesn’t apply to democrats.

Exactly. Newt tries to say he was telling Freddie Mac that they were going down the wrong path, but let's think about that. If that's what his advice to them was, they obviously didn't follow it, so then why would they have been paying him million$ over the course of 7+ years for him to give them advice that they ignored? Makes ZERO sense and Newt has ZERO credibility when it comes to the economy as far as I'm concerned.

Insiders from Freddie Mac have made it very clear that Newt never did any such thing. He never warned them, if he was not a lobbyist, what was he doing that earned him 1.6 million dollars? I don't know why he is not pressed for an answer on this. I would be on that like a wet blanket.

It's something he has no answer for and it's something that I think will ultimately knock him out of the race. It is at the center of the critical issue in this election cycle and totally discredits Newt. It's not really a matter of if but when it will be used to finish him.

I hope this comes out before he is nominated because if he can't answer it sufficiently now, you know it will kill him during the general. I want that answer now and I don't understand this rise in the polls without him having to answer this question.

When you consider that it was Freddie and Fannie that were the prime culprits in the mortgage crisis in which we are still suffering from, I can't beleive that people are not demanding an answer on this.

Last edited:

I hope this comes out before he is nominated because if he can't answer it sufficiently now, you know it will kill him during the general. I want that answer now and I don't understand this rise in the polls without him having to answer this question.

When you consider that it was Freddie and Fannie that were the prime culprits in the mortgage crisis in which we are still suffering from, I can't beleive that people are not demanding an answer on this.

You wanna blame Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton????

He implied that personal lives are personal lives, and it's not the duty of an elected official to be morally perfect, but it is their duty to uphold the oaths they took as elected representatives of the people..

Besides, in my opinion its quite illogical to compare a marriage, er personal relationship to a representatives relationship to his or her district, state or country.

Of course, that doesn’t apply to democrats.

Uhh, what? Paul never attacks for that kind of shit...

BTW, so much for Newt not “attacking” any of the other Republicans on the stage, he went after Mitt and got booed for it. Then again Newt is a liar who only wanted the rule of not going after each other because he has the most to lose.

Along with LBJ, JFK, and Truman.

Awww, someone sounds upset their boy got their shit rolled tonight by Paul...

Paul does have the advantage of having noting to lose.

Uhh, Paul's biggest advantage is being right... Notice how Paul is literally never attacked? The best anyone has on Paul is "You don't want more war." Remember, we're talking about the people on stage with Paul.

Paul didn’t dominate the debate but he came very close. And for the record Paul is polling in second in Iowa, Mitt is third. How does that mean Paul has nothing to lose, implying others have something to lose?

did i hear this? did Michelle say that she has been working in the private sector for 50 years? wow, how old does that make her now?

Along with LBJ, JFK, and Truman.

Awww, someone sounds upset their boy got their shit rolled tonight by Paul...

Paul does have the advantage of having noting to lose.

Uhh, Paul's biggest advantage is being right... Notice how Paul is literally never attacked? The best anyone has on Paul is "You don't want more war." Remember, we're talking about the people on stage with Paul.

Paul didn’t dominate the debate but he came very close. And for the record Paul is polling in second in Iowa, Mitt is third. How does that mean Paul has nothing to lose, implying others have something to lose?

The RNC/RINOS have no ammo and the Tea Party supports him 100%..

They all sit around pointing fingers and Ron Paul sits around like a 75 year old dude getting a hand job.... hahahaha

Ron Paul 2012..

Last edited:
Santorum thinks character issues count.

But he doesn't have any.

He asks "Who can we trust?"

Answer, none of you,

I think we can trust him, he is just an asshole... He wants more war and all that. Santorum is not all bad, but where he is bad it's like WWWWWTF!! lolz. Like he hates gays.. The constitution does not discriminate against someone for their sexuality, race or gender, Santorum does.

Actually you can trust Ron Paul. You may not agree with some of what he say but the man is honest. You have to give him that.

Ron Paul is saying "let him die" without saying "let him die". Then entire audience applauded.

Every man for himself.
Wrong. Negged.

What part is wrong? Careful, you just got owned.

Ron Paul said EXACTLY the same thing that led the audience to shout "Let him die" in a previous debate. You don't understand that, then you don't understand his position of "personal responsibility" and "if you need help, go to a church".

Okay but while I am independent I at least have to give Paul credit for being honest. The hidden mandate of requiring hospital's to perform emergency care is an extremely expensive and inefficient way to deliver health care.

I would prefer either

Obama's mandate that people must buy healthcare

Or

Paul's let them die.

This middle of the road fantasy land is bad medicine, bad public policy and something we can't afford.

I usually avoid the debates, because frankly, I find them sort of tedious. I watched more of this one than I normally do. So some thoughts on the parts I saw.

Romney and Perry mixing it up- It's pretty clear that if Perry can't win, he seems intent on taking Mittens down with him. And Mittens rose to the bait by making that idiotic 10K bet comment. Makes him look like a clueless rich guy.

Where the hell was Huntsman? I heard a story that he's going to be pitching himself for the "America Elects vote." Is he disentangling himself from the GOP already?

Most Naseating point in the whole. George Snufflupagus letting everyone take a shot at Newt and the marriage question. What made it naseating was the George spent YEARS excusing Clinton, even after it was revealed Clinton was doing Monica on George's desk.

Forum List

Back