"Republican Candidate" Extends Lead vs. Obama to 47% to 39%

I'd say if a Romney type is the GOP presidential candidate and the economy continues is stagnant pace, Obama will get defeated. The GOP still needs the independent vote.
If the GOP candidate is in the mold of a Bachmann or Palin (and no, I'm not a sexist), then Obama may win in 2012. It's highly doubtful independents will vote for any far right and unqualified candidate. The voting public has already seen what inexperience has brought us.
Of course the election is over 15 months out and much can change between now and then. So I guess we'll see as time goes on.

I'd say if a Romney type is the GOP presidential candidate and the economy continues is stagnant pace, Obama will get defeated. The GOP still needs the independent vote.
If the GOP candidate is in the mold of a Bachmann or Palin (and no, I'm not a sexist), then Obama may win in 2012. It's highly doubtful independents will vote for any far right and unqualified candidate. The voting public has already seen what inexperience has brought us.
Of course the election is over 15 months out and much can change between now and then. So I guess we'll see as time goes on.
Independents seem to like Ron Paul, not Mitt Romney.

If that were the case, he would have won last go-round. There is the "lesser of two (or more) evils" theory but wow...that seems like quite a turn around; he lost to a walking corpse last time.

I can see where that'd be true. According to an online poll he dos better than Romney, and Romney got twice the votes as Palin and Bachmann. The problem is,,, he'd never get the GOP nomination. Even though Paul more or less set most of the ideals for the Tea Party, he still trails Bachmann and Palin amongst Republicans who lean towards the Tea Party,,,I guess he isn't pretty enough or maybe, not nuts enough (and I'm not saying Paul is nuts).

Paul Wins Independent Voters Poll

Chicago. At midnight last night, Whiteout Press, an independent news outlet, closed its online Republican Primary Presidential poll. The result was another overwhelming victory for Texas Congressman Ron Paul. While the online poll is non-scientific, it is a wide sampling of independent voters and independent leaning Republicans.

The Whiteout Press poll captured the votes of 842 nationwide respondents over the month of June 2011. Here are the final results:

Ron Paul – 57 percent

Herman Cain – 21

Fred Karger – 5

Gary Johnson – 2

Sarah Palin – 2

Mitt Romney – 2

Rick Santorum – 2

*Receiving 1 percent: Tim Pawlenty, Michele Bachmann, Jon Huntsman, Tom Miller, Newt Gingrich, Rick Perry, Rudy Giuliani, Paul Ryan

Ron Paul Wins Independent Voters Poll

I can see where that'd be true. According to an online poll he does better than Romney, Romney tied with Palin and got twice the votes as Bachmann. The problem is,,, he'd never get the GOP nomination. Even though Paul more or less set most of the ideals for the Tea Party, he still trails Bachmann and Palin amongst Republicans who lean towards the Tea Party,,,I guess he isn't pretty enough or maybe, not nuts enough (and I'm not saying Paul is nuts).
Of course it doesn't help that Paul seems to get snubbed by Republicans.

Chicago. At midnight last night, Whiteout Press, an independent news outlet, closed its online Republican Primary Presidential poll. The result was another overwhelming victory for Texas Congressman Ron Paul. While the online poll is non-scientific, it is a wide sampling of independent voters and independent leaning Republicans.

The Whiteout Press poll captured the votes of 842 nationwide respondents over the month of June 2011. Here are the final results:

Ron Paul – 57 percent

Herman Cain – 21

Fred Karger – 5

Gary Johnson – 2

Sarah Palin – 2

Mitt Romney – 2

Rick Santorum – 2

*Receiving 1 percent: Tim Pawlenty, Michele Bachmann, Jon Huntsman, Tom Miller, Newt Gingrich, Rick Perry, Rudy Giuliani, Paul Ryan

I can see where that'd be true. According to an online poll he does better than Romney, Romney tied with Palin and got twice the votes as Bachmann. The problem is,,, he'd never get the GOP nomination. Even though Paul more or less set most of the ideals for the Tea Party, he still trails Bachmann and Palin amongst Republicans who lean towards the Tea Party,,,I guess he isn't pretty enough or maybe, not nuts enough (and I'm not saying Paul is nuts).

Ron Paul – 57 percent

Herman Cain – 21

Fred Karger – 5

Gary Johnson – 2

Sarah Palin – 2

Mitt Romney – 2

Rick Santorum – 2

I agree, Ron Paul will have a tough time winning the party nomination. But in Texas, he is leading the polls, and he is making gains in other early states. Of course, he has a long way to go. But Paul is a libertarian, and when it comes to economics he is about as anti government as you can get without being an anarcho-capitalist. I just wanted to point out that a large number of independents are for more of a radical change than people tend to think. I don't think it is fair to say they are always pro "moderate" candidates.

I don't think Obama's re-election is a given. It will depend on a lot of things, namely, who the opposition is. Everyone said Bush would lose because of the wars & the economy and that didn't happen.

You have to have an especially great challenger to beat an incumbent President. I can see some people voting for a Republican if they didn't think the Republican was a nutjob.

Ron Paul – 57 percent

Herman Cain – 21

Fred Karger – 5

Gary Johnson – 2

Sarah Palin – 2

Mitt Romney – 2

Rick Santorum – 2

I agree, Ron Paul will have a tough time winning the party nomination. But in Texas, he is leading the polls, and he is making gains in other early states. Of course, he has a long way to go. But Paul is a libertarian, and when it comes to economics he is about as anti government as you can get without being an anarcho-capitalist. I just wanted to point out that a large number of independents are for more of a radical change than people tend to think. I don't think it is fair to say they are always pro "moderate" candidates.

Yet the Tea Party is dropping in the polls.

Tea Party takes hit among independents - The Hill's Ballot Box

CNN Poll: Unfavorable view of Tea Party on the rise - CNN

Ok, so that republican from _____________? will beat OBama?

Great. Stick with this. Run on this...rely on this.

Obama 2012!

way not to address the content of the OP. Congrats on your obvious partisan hackery.

He did address the contents of the OP.

Now stop projecting.

oh... and the president has the same 47% approval rating he's been in the general area of for about 2 years.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

Last edited:
Ok, so that republican from _____________? will beat OBama?

Great. Stick with this. Run on this...rely on this.

Obama 2012!

way not to address the content of the OP. Congrats on your obvious partisan hackery.

It does actually. "Person X vs. Someone else" polls aren't terribly impressive. The problem being that "someone else" is a generic candidate that people attribute every positive quality under the sky to. It get's much stickier when you put an actual name and candidate in there.

Lest you forget the left being all atwitter in 2004 over the various polls that showed "someone else" thumping George W. Bush. Who did we get? John Kerry, perhaps the most inept politician in the Senate (not a bad leader, just a horrible politician). Who won? Bush.

Again the GOP will need a bad economy and a dynamic candidate to unseat the incumbent. The current droll crop you have isn't going to cut it.

Americans have always voted first and foremost on the economy, and rightly or wrongly, they hold whoever is president accountable. In 2012, they will rightly hold obama accountable. Unless something that is a real game changer happens between now and the election, I will be STUNNED if obama is re-elected. We had our historic first black resident, now we need to elect someone who knows what he's doing.

Ron Paul wishes. They didn't like him in the last election.

I'll give Paul credit for speaking his mind, but he's straddling the political divide in this country on the issue and canceling his own votes out.

For example, people who agree with his stance on abortion are turned off on his stance on legalizing drugs and vice versa.

This nation simply does not have a libertarian bent to it.

I can see where that'd be true. According to an online poll he dos better than Romney, and Romney got twice the votes as Palin and Bachmann. The problem is,,, he'd never get the GOP nomination. Even though Paul more or less set most of the ideals for the Tea Party, he still trails Bachmann and Palin amongst Republicans who lean towards the Tea Party,,,I guess he isn't pretty enough or maybe, not nuts enough (and I'm not saying Paul is nuts).

Ron Paul – 57 percent

Herman Cain – 21

Fred Karger – 5

Gary Johnson – 2

Sarah Palin – 2

Mitt Romney – 2

Rick Santorum – 2

More proof that the Tea Party has been co-opted by the social conservatives and stolen away from the fiscal conservatives.

Americans have always voted first and foremost on the economy, and rightly or wrongly, they hold whoever is president accountable. In 2012, they will rightly hold obama accountable. Unless something that is a real game changer happens between now and the election, I will be STUNNED if obama is re-elected. We had our historic first black resident, now we need to elect someone who knows what he's doing.

Suggesting that Obama was elected our of sympathy or need to make history completely ignores the reality of the mess the GOP had made of things for the past 8 years. Bush completely tarnished the GOP brand (to the point that it had to pull the "Tea Party" stunt).

Obama wasn't elected because of his race. He was elected in spite of it, because Bush had done such a horrible job.

Our selective amnesia in this country is impressive, but even if Obama is ousted, the GOP is eventually going to have to get serious about cleaning up the mess in this country. A mess that they have a large degree of culpability over.

How funny, they trot out that one poll that says the Obama has been at 47% for TWO YEARS. what President EVER stays the same FOR THAT LONG.

cracks me up:lol:

What's congresses popularity rating? Perpetually in the crapper. Yet, year after year, the same people get re-elected. Oh sure, sometimes there are minor runs on the established candidates (like the last election), yet there is rarely ever a sea change.

Why? People don't like congress (with the exception of their congressman/woman who brings home the patronage).

Do you think the good people in Mobile Alabama want to see the budget balanced through drastic defense cuts? Hell no. Do you think their elected officials are going to support anything that is going to endanger jobs at the Naval Shipyards there? No. They are going to whine about farm subsidies. And vice versa in Nebraska.

It's the way our clunky system works.

Forum List

Back