Republican Budget goes after the Weak, Favors the powerful

Anyone (like Claudette) who says that the poor are poor because they are lazy or irresponsible has just made it to the bottom of the scum-sucking barrel. I realize that in your fictional, 1950's mind that everyone who wants to work can find a job...and that hard times (medical bills, medical injuries, bankruptcy, tough breaks, auto accidents, natural disasters ..I could go on and on) DONT EXIST...but you're wrong.

It makes me sick to my stomach that people think life would just be ok if lazy people were pulling their own weight. The poor and the unemployed should NOT be targets. (Instead of pointing the finger somewhere else...look in the fucking mirror and look at your own voting record for voting for people that have fucked things up in the legislature even more than you'd like to admit)

I'm not saying there ARENT any lazy people...but to make them into the big fucking problem that you think they are...is just wrong and incorrect.

@ Avatar

Ppl don't work till April to pay taxes. They work because that's how you earn money. You are offended by poor people wanting or needing assistance but turn a blind eye to the richest of the rich receiving handouts, beating the system and not paying taxes.

Why is that? Either you're against people defrauding the system or not? The only anger you have is for the poorest of the poor.

Quite an easy target, kicking around kids and the poor..

I get so sick and tired of hearing about the damned poor. Let the poor get off their asses and take care of themselves and their resonsibilities for a change.

I would like to see all entitlements, subsidies and tax breaks gone.

If you and others like you want to take care of the poor well just pool your money and do so. You at least will be doing it because you want to not because some assholes in Govt decided that those with should take care of those without.

I'd be willing to bet if the free ride came to a screeching halt tomorrow you would see these poor and downtrodden surviving. You would see them get off their asses.

I'm sick of the freeloaders. All of them.

Thanks for showing us your humane side. "Fuck you, I got mine". That about sums it up, right? Ahhh, the spirit of being American. Hold your head high, be proud, be a true patriot.

No "Fuck you Dude." I worked for mine.

@ Avatar

Ppl don't work till April to pay taxes. They work because that's how you earn money. You are offended by poor people wanting or needing assistance but turn a blind eye to the richest of the rich receiving handouts, beating the system and not paying taxes.

Why is that? Either you're against people defrauding the system or not? The only anger you have is for the poorest of the poor.

Quite an easy target, kicking around kids and the poor..

Almost everyone who works pays nearly 1/3 of their income to the government. Income is the wealth they produce from their labor.

So yes, we are working until and often through April to pay our taxes.

Why is you would rather have people dependent on government handouts then merely allow them to provide for themselves?

Why on earth do you think I want anyone recieving handouts? Because you have a screwed up definition of hand outs?

I wish you people would stop pretending to care about the poor and actually care about them. Get the government out of their way and watch them change the world.

Anyone (like Claudette) who says that the poor are poor because they are lazy or irresponsible has just made it to the bottom of the scum-sucking barrel. I realize that in your fictional, 1950's mind that everyone who wants to work can find a job...and that hard times (medical bills, medical injuries, bankruptcy, tough breaks, auto accidents, natural disasters ..I could go on and on) DONT EXIST...but you're wrong.

It makes me sick to my stomach that people think life would just be ok if lazy people were pulling their own weight. The poor and the unemployed should NOT be targets. (Instead of pointing the finger somewhere else...look in the fucking mirror and look at your own voting record for voting for people that have fucked things up in the legislature even more than you'd like to admit)

I'm not saying there ARENT any lazy people...but to make them into the big fucking problem that you think they are.

Sounds like your a real bleeding heart V. You think everyone is wonderful and deserves your hard earned money. Good for you.

I, on the other hand, don't.

People lie, steal and cheat. They will take whatever they can get without a thought for the provider of their free ride. They don't care if you work two jobs to make ends meet. They could care less about your circumstances as long as they get that free ride they are expecting.

They have learned how to get money from the public largesse and believe me they ain't giving up their free ride.

As for voting. I would never vote for anyone who condones this social BS. Thats why I haven't voted Dem for quite some time. They are the party who created this monster that we now have to feed endlessly.

You would see them alright..storming through your door. Looking out for the poor prevents other unnecessary consequences from happening.

Looking out for the rich over the poor needs to be addressed

So you think that poor people are violent criminals we need to bribe with money to keep satisfied?

I am so sick and tired of you elitist holier-than-thous

Republicans in the House of Representatives are expected to unveil a budget plan next week for the coming fiscal year that would cut taxes, deepen spending cuts and cut the Medicaid health-insurance plan for the poor and disabled, according to lawmakers and aides familiar with the plan.

<snip>

But it would not balance the budget for 20 years at the earliest, said Republican Representative Tim Scott. That may not be fast enough for the party's more conservative members, who are planning a budget proposal of their own.

Republicans eye bigger cuts amid budget fight - Yahoo! News

So here is the priorities, Cut taxes then cut the programs for the poor and disabled to make it even out 20 years from now. Great.

Seriously? It's like the Republicans are snatching the slingshot from David and giving it to Goliaith

If you had any intellectual integrity at all you'd argue for why we should continue to fund wealth redistribution programs rather then just calling not confiscating money from one citizen and giving it to another as "going after" them

I fully know Avatar is against handouts on all ends of the spectrum.... not FOR handouts to corporations or 'the rich' and AGAINST them for 'the poor'

Nice try though

I don't know that I could be much clearer myself.

Course i didn't realize we are only giving the poor hand outs to keep them from being violent against the rest of us.

If you had any intellectual integrity at all you'd argue for why we should continue to fund wealth redistribution programs rather then just calling not confiscating money from one citizen and giving it to another as "going after" them

The sad commentary on our society is that integrity of any kind is severely lacking

Is it any wonder that the definition of the name Claudette is LAME?

And is it any wonder that you have make these lame arguments that have nothing to do with the topic at hand? It's not that you can honestly argue that we aren't spending enough consider we don't have the Trillions we are spending now.

we need fairness in laws, so that those below the wealthiest can earn what can support them.....

doling out handouts to those who have been taken advantage of, does not solve our underlying problems, I AGREE.....it is only a patch, that does not address our real problems....but to blame those that work full time for a living, only to not earn enough to feed themselves is a mistake, and wrong imho... it's the playing field that is not level.

I get so sick and tired of hearing about the damned poor. Let the poor get off their asses and take care of themselves and their resonsibilities for a change.

I would like to see all entitlements, subsidies and tax breaks gone.

If you and others like you want to take care of the poor well just pool your money and do so. You at least will be doing it because you want to not because some assholes in Govt decided that those with should take care of those without.

I'd be willing to bet if the free ride came to a screeching halt tomorrow you would see these poor and downtrodden surviving. You would see them get off their asses.

I'm sick of the freeloaders. All of them.

Thanks for showing us your humane side. "Fuck you, I got mine". That about sums it up, right? Ahhh, the spirit of being American. Hold your head high, be proud, be a true patriot.

No "Fuck you Dude." I worked for mine.

:clap2:

We know. Fuck everyone else, I got what I need.

I fully know Avatar is against handouts on all ends of the spectrum.... not FOR handouts to corporations or 'the rich' and AGAINST them for 'the poor'

Nice try though

I don't know that I could be much clearer myself.

Course i didn't realize we are only giving the poor hand outs to keep them from being violent against the rest of us.

I'm sorry but that's human nature. When ppl live in squalor and someone has more than them. They will revolt, don't like it, tell human nature. But in no way am I suggesting give it to the poor So They Won't Rod you.

That's just dumb

we need fairness in laws, so that those below the wealthiest can earn what can support them.....

doling out handouts to those who have been taken advantage of, does not solve our underlying problems, I AGREE.....it is only a patch, that does not address our real problems....but to blame those that work full time for a living, only to not earn enough to feed themselves is a mistake, and wrong imho... it's the playing field that is not level.

So another brainless not taxing people more then others but not as much as you want them to is actually tilting the playing field in their favor. Do you notice only the left has to argue like that? If truth were on your side, you'd stick to truth rather then characterizing not fair enough in your view is actually not fair in their favor.

So another brainless not taxing people more then others but not as much as you want them to is actually tilting the playing field in their favor. Do you notice only the left has to argue like that? If truth were on your side, you'd stick to truth rather then characterizing not fair enough in your view is actually not fair in their favor.

kaz, it's not just the unfairness in tax laws, though it is part of it....but it is taking the middle class's social security taxes and using that money to pay for what income tax revenues should be paying, it is rewriting bankruptcy laws so that the middle class and poor get hurt more, even though banks already collect the risk of loaning to these higher risk people by charging them 30% interest rates, it's the federal gvt giving printed money to the banks at less than 1 % while the banks continue to charge us peons 10%=30% for our loans from them, it's the gvt bailing out these banks with our tax monies, it's the gvt having laws on the books that gets a GE a credit of our tax monies when they earned billions upon billions in profits, it's printing money that causes inflation that hurts the middle class and the poor the most....it's laws and trade policies that gives businesses money to move jobs overseas, it's laws that allowed banks to become too big to fail.....

there is so much more.....

all of these type things tilt the playing field in the direction of the wealthiest among us, while making it harder for the middle class to succeed imho.

care

I have worked for 50 years continously. Did I save enough for retirement no I did not but SS and medicare are mine, I paid for them in advance, they are my property and I want them intact and not reduced because we voters voted for a bunch of crooks posing as congressmen. I talked to a youngman last week that turned down two jobs because they did pay what he was worth. The paid more than 0. These are the people who I don't want to get any money.

Forum List

Back