Republican Budget goes after the Weak, Favors the powerful

we need fairness in laws, so that those below the wealthiest can earn what can support them.....

And who would monitor those who are given those supplements (welfare, just the same) to see that their new wealth isn't blown on wigs, fingernails, gold teeth, spinner hub-caps, dope, alcohol, malt liquor, Kools cigarettes, the lottery, etc.?

doling out handouts to those who have been taken advantage of, does not solve our underlying problems, I AGREE.....it is only a patch, that does not address our real problems....but to blame those that work full time for a living, only to not earn enough to feed themselves is a mistake, and wrong imho...

Do you kinow of anyone who works full-time and doesn't have any food to eat?

it's the playing field that is not level.

No, it's the heads of all you bleeders that aren't level.

Republicans in the House of Representatives are expected to unveil a budget plan next week for the coming fiscal year that would cut taxes, deepen spending cuts and cut the Medicaid health-insurance plan for the poor and disabled, according to lawmakers and aides familiar with the plan.

<snip>

But it would not balance the budget for 20 years at the earliest, said Republican Representative Tim Scott. That may not be fast enough for the party's more conservative members, who are planning a budget proposal of their own.

Republicans eye bigger cuts amid budget fight - Yahoo! News

So here is the priorities, Cut taxes then cut the programs for the poor and disabled to make it even out 20 years from now. Great.

Seriously? It's like the Republicans are snatching the slingshot from David and giving it to Goliaith

the teabaggers are telling the republicans no on all compromises no matter . they want to shut down the government , but for many our tax refund will be delayed

you see the repigs are not in charge , they are already picking repigs to target for replacement , in fact the whiner of the house is high on their hit list .

Thanks for showing us your humane side. "Fuck you, I got mine". That about sums it up, right? Ahhh, the spirit of being American. Hold your head high, be proud, be a true patriot.

No "Fuck you Dude." I worked for mine.

:clap2:

We know. Fuck everyone else, I got what I need.

Fuck the shiftless, lazy, ne'er-do-well, lay-about, system-users who think it is great fun to milk The Man for all they can, and their enablers - you bleeding heart, phony, mountebanks who goad them on to their krypto-criminal activities.

No "Fuck you Dude." I worked for mine.

Fuck the shiftless, lazy, ne'er-do-well, lay-about, system-users who think it is great fun to milk The Man for all they can, and their enablers - you bleeding heart, phony, mountebanks who goad them on to their krypto-criminal activities.

Who do you think is better able to game the system? Is it poor people with no real political connections? Or is it rich people and corporations which both donate large sums of money in campaign contributions?

kaz, it's not just the unfairness in tax laws, though it is part of it....but it is taking the middle class's social security taxes and using that money to pay for what income tax revenues should be paying, it is rewriting bankruptcy laws so that the middle class and poor get hurt more, even though banks already collect the risk of loaning to these higher risk people by charging them 30% interest rates, it's the federal gvt giving printed money to the banks at less than 1 % while the banks continue to charge us peons 10%=30% for our loans from them, it's the gvt bailing out these banks with our tax monies, it's the gvt having laws on the books that gets a GE a credit of our tax monies when they earned billions upon billions in profits, it's printing money that causes inflation that hurts the middle class and the poor the most....it's laws and trade policies that gives businesses money to move jobs overseas, it's laws that allowed banks to become too big to fail.....

there is so much more.....

all of these type things tilt the playing field in the direction of the wealthiest among us, while making it harder for the middle class to succeed imho.

care

You look at all the opportunity everyone has in this country that's unprecedented in this history of man and just complain it's not even easier. All I can tell you is that's life. Every door in this country is open to anyone, but no one's going to hand it to them. Including if you get your way with government, and then there's going to be a lot less pie to distribute as you continue to disincent achievement and get less achievement as a result. You have to stop making excuses for people and start to challenge them to do for themselves if you want there to be a real change.

I agree that this is greatest country in the world, even with all of our faults we have opportunities that other citizens of other countries would beg for....but to deny that the playing field has been and is still being tilted to make things harder for some and easier for others is not taking place is not in the reality realm imho.

I do not believe handouts is a solution to the problems.....but I see them as only a patch to the underlying problems that do exist.

Your eally need to rethink your values, Care, and I mean think deeper.

to deny that the playing field has been and is still being tilted to make things harder for some and easier for others is not taking place is not in the reality realm imho

I agree, but you haven't remotely offered any solution that in any way untilts the field. Every time government goes in it makes it worse. While the field may have tilts, it's fair enough that anything is possible by anyone. Focusing on getting people to embrace that responsibility for their own lives and making what they want happen could be effective. Government forced re-tillting and redistribution of wealth are not going to do anything but make it worse.

I agree with you kaz, people need to have the "When the going gets tough, the tough get going" attitude and it will help break through those brick walls that stand in the way....this could help a great deal....but there are still laws and trade agreements that weigh heavily in the favor of the wealthiest that could be addressed as well, so that the full time worker, won't need to beg for food stamp assistance.

Then lobby your Congresscriminal to change those laws.

Are there lazy citizens? Yes.

Are there evil corporations? Yes.

Are all citizens lazy? No.

Are all corporations evil? No.

Do some honest people need help because of life circumstances beyond their control? Yes.

Is that help de-motivating..as in makes them lazy? Sometimes yes...Sometimes no.

Should all help to those in need be seen as a handout? No.

Do evil corporations use their money and influence to become more profitable? Yes.

Does that profit sometimes come at the expense of taxpayers? Yes.

If you can't agree with the simple points above, then there's something wrong with you. Seriously. There's never going to be any way we can get anything fixed if people just say "Fuck the poor. It's all handouts that they could be doing for themselves."

The government's role is not to create a nanny state...but it's also too draconian to say that forced government aid is anti-capitalism. It just is.

There's a line...and it's not a clear, easy to define line..which is why some fucktards can't wrap their heads around it. But it's there. A way to advance the common good without becoming a nanny state.

Do you have grown children? If so, did you allow them to nurse at your breast until they were grown?

So here is the priorities, Cut taxes then cut the programs for the poor and disabled to make it even out 20 years from now. Great.

Seriously? It's like the Republicans are snatching the slingshot from David and giving it to Goliaith

It isn't the right of the poor and disabled to have the government rob people of their property and give it to them. Most people sucking on the public tit are neither poor nor disabled, they are simply oportunist jerks who want something for nothing, and a day's hard work is pure anathema to these sorry insects and rodents.

The Fanjul brothers -- Alfonso "Alfy", José "Pepe", Alexander, and Andres—are owners of Flo-Sun, Inc., a vast sugar and real estate conglomerate in the United States and Dominican Republic, comprising the subsidiaries Domino Sugar, Florida Crystals, as well as the airport and resorts surrounding La Romana in the Dominican Republic. As of 2008, the company owned 450,000 acres (1,800 km2) of property.

FanjulCorp's Flo-Sun company is frequently criticized as being the largest recipient of U.S. Government aid and heightened profit due to the protections levied in favor of U.S. sugar producers. It is widely known that sugar costs about two-three times as much in the U.S. as it does on the world market.

We can afford to buy sugar, can't you?

Republicans in the House of Representatives are expected to unveil a budget plan next week for the coming fiscal year that would cut taxes, deepen spending cuts and cut the Medicaid health-insurance plan for the poor and disabled, according to lawmakers and aides familiar with the plan.

<snip>

But it would not balance the budget for 20 years at the earliest, said Republican Representative Tim Scott. That may not be fast enough for the party's more conservative members, who are planning a budget proposal of their own.

the teabaggers are telling the republicans no on all compromises no matter . they want to shut down the government , but for many our tax refund will be delayed

People who rely on tax refunds to live on are doing something wrong.

Who do you think is better able to game the system? Is it poor people with no real political connections? Or is it rich people and corporations which both donate large sums of money in campaign contributions?

The former, old sport, by far.

I am 68 and trying to retire but can't do it yet. Washington is cutting medicare so no doctors will take me, problem solved. I either die early so can't vote or get sick and can't get to the poles, they win both ways.

How do congressman sleep at night. Sad thing is I bet they don't have any trouble at all..

You should have foreseen this situation when you were younger, old sport. The fact that you didn't shouldn't make me responsible for your upkeep. If I were old and insolvent, I would have to take my fate like a man and thank the powers that be I was able to get so seasoned before I passed away.

maybe he was to bussy raising an ass hole like you , sport .
now to pas a law to make ass holes like you be financially responsible fro you parents .

Forum List

Back