Gettin' "Progressive" In Missouri

Mr. Shaman

May 4, 2010
Gee.....who'd have guessed the birthplace o' Porky Limbaugh would be makin' every effort to minimize government-regulations, AND boost employment??!!!

"The Missouri House has just approved a new budget that would terminate all of the state’s investigators who look into child labor and minimum wage complaints. In 2010, those investigators discovered more than $450,000 violations of child labor laws in Missouri and recovered more than $700,000 for workers from minimum and prevailing wage violations."

Hey.....what's the worse that could happen! :eusa_snooty:

"The (13-year-old) youth was working with a crew of carpenters on a residential construction project in Twinsburg when he fell approximately 10 feet onto a concrete basement floor. He had been stapling insulation to a wall section lying on the floor and stepped into an unseen window opening framed into the wall. The window opening was directly over a floor hole to the basement. The youth was carried on a metro lifeflight helicopter to a nearby hospital where he was initially listed in critical condition with head injuries sustained in the fall. He has since recovered from his injuries."

Last edited:
No one is for FORCED child labor. But if a 13 year old wants to work, he or she should be able to. I doubt anyone stuck a gun to this kids head.

Kids can work from a very young age, I myself picked up my first payday when I was 7 or 8. I helped my Dad remodel his Offices' waiting room and got paid TWO FIVE DOLLAR BILLS! I'd never seen so much money in my life before! :lol:

But forced labor? Of course people are against that. Things are different today, it's not 1890 anymore Shaman.

No one is for FORCED child labor. But if a 13 year old wants to work, he or she should be able to.
Yeah....on a construction-site....where everyone has all the time, in the World, to watch-out for him/her.

Are you REALLY that fuckin' stupid?????

:eusa_eh:

New Topics

Forum List

Back