Republican bill stops funding to states issuing DL's to illegals

Why should Ray be entitled to anything more than what his employer paid him? Sorry, driving a truck is not "Service to the country".

The only difference between Ray and other people is he's white and there for "entitled". That's it. The funny thing is, you guys have no problem with white, middle class entitlements, but the pittance we spend on welfare... well, we just can't have that!

Who said anything about being entitled to what I was making? Disability doesn't work like that. The only thing you get from disability is the amount you'd receive at retirement. That's it. The only real advantage is after a year on the program, I can apply for Medicare coverage, which is relatively reasonably priced.
Not entitled to what you were making correct, but entitled to a percentage by the rating system of what you were making, and yes you are entitled to that in regards to your rating as based on your past income right ??

Why should Ray be entitled to anything more than what his employer paid him? Sorry, driving a truck is not "Service to the country".

The only difference between Ray and other people is he's white and there for "entitled". That's it. The funny thing is, you guys have no problem with white, middle class entitlements, but the pittance we spend on welfare... well, we just can't have that!

Who said anything about being entitled to what I was making? Disability doesn't work like that. The only thing you get from disability is the amount you'd receive at retirement. That's it. The only real advantage is after a year on the program, I can apply for Medicare coverage, which is relatively reasonably priced.
Not entitled to what you were making correct, but entitled to a percentage by the rating system of what you were making, and yes you are entitled to that in regards to your rating as based on your past income right ??

When I was discussing this with one of the administrators, I asked about what happens when I hit retirement age? She told me I won't notice a difference; it's all internal. They calculate your disability check based on what your retirement check would be if you retired today. So when I do hit retirement, I will technically be off of disability, but not see any difference. No more and no less.

I was planning on retiring at the age of 62 which is only a little more than two years from now. Had I done that, I would have received 75% of my retirement since 100% is only given if you work until the retirement age, which in my case, is 67 years old.

Retirement works like this for somebody my age:

Retire at 62= 75%
Retire at 63= 80%
Retire at 64= 85% and so on.

So while I'll get 100% by getting on disability now, I lose because me and my employer stopped contributions since I was kicked out of my career. She told me it wouldn't make too much of a difference.

They have to calculate what I will be getting on disability, and they don't do that until if and when I am approved. But she told me that it would probably be in the $1,250 to $1,350 month range. It depends on what the numbers look like added up since I started working at the age of 18.

When I was discussing this with one of the administrators, I asked about what happens when I hit retirement age? She told me I won't notice a difference; it's all internal. They calculate your disability check based on what your retirement check would be if you retired today. So when I do hit retirement, I will technically be off of disability, but not see any difference. No more and no less.

I was planning on retiring at the age of 62 which is only a little more than two years from now. Had I done that, I would have received 75% of my retirement since 100% is only given if you work until the retirement age, which in my case, is 67 years old.

Retire at 62= 75%
Retire at 63= 80%

So while I'll get 100% by getting on disability now, I lose because me and my employer stopped contributions since I was kicked out of my career. She told me it wouldn't make too much of a difference.

They have to calculate what I will be getting on disability, and they don't do that until if and when I am approved. But she told me that it would probably be in the $1,250 to $1,350 month range. It depends on what the numbers look like added up since I started working at the age of 18.
My friends or co-workers are dropping like flies today. Everyone getting old before their time I guess, and they aren't making it to the retirement age like the system hoped that they would. They've almost made it, but fell short, and therefore had to file before 62 or after. If can get these kids off of the drugs, and redirect their lives, then they could easily take over the jobs, and therefore keep the balance needed in it all.... However there are so many that have been destroyed because of the leftist bullcrap in this country, that the voodoo math has to be worked out on us in order to cover for the bullcrap.

I'm using any and all resources I have for survival. It's not welfare when you pay into a system your entire life. This is your precious safety net system, the one you adore so much. Yet when somebody uses it that really needs it through no fault of their own, all of a sudden, you're against it. You are only for it when welfare queens get on them and stay on them the rest of their lives popping out kid after kid. That you have no problem with.

I didn't choose to be put out of a job and career, government made that choice for me. I will not choose to be put on disability, government will make that choice for me. Don't complain about me when government keeps setting me back. I've been fighting for the last couple of years to work, now they defeated me. There is little I can do at this point.
Yep, and when government starts giving you that disability check, then they really watch you like a hawk to ensure that you do NOTHING to defraud them by working. Isn't it just amazing the way the whole thing is set up ? It dis-insentivizes the situation that would help a person to maybe find their way back into the workforces.

It doesn't work like that. One of my tenants is on disability, and he works. Like with regular Social Security, they gave him a limit of $1,300 a month gross. Not much, but it helps him out. Plus the guy never leaves his house, so I was happy when he did get the job.
Yes, but as I said earlier, it still dis-insentivizes people to be all that they can be for their nation, otherwise regardless of this subsidizing their income at a late age in life, in which should be given them with no restrictions added if earned that income subsidy over their lifetime of service to their country. Ok so it starts at this amount given, and progresses forward like having a trickle trust fund, but no work restrictions should be in play.

If there were no restriction, then people who could would be working 50 hours a week and collecting at the same time. If you can work 50 hours a week, chances are you are not that disabled.

He works at Giant Eagle grocery store. I don't know if they have them where you live, but it's the biggest outfit here. They are always bugging him to work more hours. He simply told them that he couldn't. For one, he can only work so long, and two, it would be like working for free since anything over his limit would be deducted from his disability check.

After he got the job, they cut his Medicare subsidies even though he's within the earning limit. The screwed up thinking is that you cannot have an income during the application process, but once accepted, they allow you to work within the limits. You have to be careful when you apply.

One of my coworkers told me not to try and collect unemployment. That's what his sister-in-law did, and she was refused disability because you honestly have to be seeking work to collect unemployment. Their conclusion is that if she was collecting, she had to be looking for a job, and therefore, was able to work.
Now wait a minute Ray, what happened to I worked all my life, so I deserve it or where did my money go says you ???? Come on Ray, quit contradicting yourself in these post.

It seems that one minute you are angry at the government, and the next minute you are defending it against your best interest. LOL.

Good point, but I'm on both sides of the fence now. My conservative side tells me I'm doing wrong by taking this route. My less conservative side tells me I don't have many choices given my medical conditions, age, and the fact the government put me in this terrible position.

I never had a problem with our social programs going to people who need them, I always had a problem when people had alternatives and knew how to work the system so they didn't have to work or work very little. Even though I honestly feel I'm the former, when you work all of your life, you can't help but to feel a little guilty. It's all in the way you're geared I guess, and I was always geared to work.

Since I had to stop working, I constantly have dreams of driving my truck. I mean....... yes, I used to have them when I was actually working like I'm sure a lot of people do, but not nearly every Fn night. It drives (no pun intended) me crazy sometimes.

Retire at 62= 75%
Retire at 63= 80%

My friends or co-workers are dropping like flies today. Everyone getting old before their time I guess, and they aren't making it to the retirement age like the system hoped that they would. They've almost made it, but fell short, and therefore had to file before 62 or after. If can get these kids off of the drugs, and redirect their lives, then they could easily take over the jobs, and therefore keep the balance needed in it all.... However there are so many that have been destroyed because of the leftist bullcrap in this country, that the voodoo math has to be worked out on us in order to cover for the bullcrap.

And the leftist solution to that problem? Bring in more foreigners to do those jobs our drugged out kids can't do. Give them drivers licenses too if they're illegal.

Retire at 62= 75%
Retire at 63= 80%

And the leftist solution to that problem? Bring in more foreigners to do those jobs our drugged out kids can't do. Give them drivers licenses too if they're illegal.
Yep, hook our kids on drugs, and then take over the country by way of the weakness created in it all. Seeing that the left HATES this country, they are more than willing to let it all go on in hopes to join in the destruction.

Trump put the brakes on it all, but much work is needing to be done still. It is why the left has been after Trump, because they know he's a patriot, and he believes in what made this country strong.

Retire at 62= 75%
Retire at 63= 80%

Yep, hook our kids on drugs, and then take over the country by way of the weakness created in it all. Seeing that the left HATES this country, they are more than willing to let it all go on in hopes to join in the destruction.

Trump put the brakes on it all, but much work is needing to be done still. It is why the left has been after Trump, because they know he's a patriot, and he believes in what made this country strong.

The Democrats were always aware of this problem. Their solution? Make pot legal in their state. The problem with that is even if pot is legal, that doesn't mean an employer can't refuse you a job because it's in your system.

Another problem is that kids don't have to work if they don't want to. They will live as long as they can with mom and pop. When I was younger, your main goal was to get out of the house and get your own place ASAP be it an apartment or buying a home. Now these younger folks live with their parent until their 30's or so, therefore don't need a good paying job. Lower paying work usually doesn't require drug tests.

Watching this all unfold, I laugh when people tell me that marijuana is not addictive. Of course it's addictive for many people. Otherwise I'm sure they'd just give it up in order to find a better job and get a jump on life.

Retire at 62= 75%
Retire at 63= 80%

The Democrats were always aware of this problem. Their solution? Make pot legal in their state. The problem with that is even if pot is legal, that doesn't mean an employer can't refuse you a job because it's in your system.

Another problem is that kids don't have to work if they don't want to. They will live as long as they can with mom and pop. When I was younger, your main goal was to get out of the house and get your own place ASAP be it an apartment or buying a home. Now these younger folks live with their parent until their 30's or so, therefore don't need a good paying job. Lower paying work usually doesn't require drug tests.

Watching this all unfold, I laugh when people tell me that marijuana is not addictive. Of course it's addictive for many people. Otherwise I'm sure they'd just give it up in order to find a better job and get a jump on life.
You see it, I see it, and millions more see it, but we are the ignorant in society in accordance to the left. LOL.

Retire at 62= 75%
Retire at 63= 80%

You see it, I see it, and millions more see it, but we are the ignorant in society in accordance to the left. LOL.

Supposedly they have the education according to statistics. If that's what education does to you, I'm glad I'm not educated.

* If you want to change your gender, simply wear different attire.
* The way to stop criminals from using guns in crime, is to take away guns from law abiding citizens.
* There is no God. Man controls the climate and temperature of this planet.
* If we restrict the size of soda pop cups, that will make fat people skinny.
* If we take money away from the wealthy people, that will help me have more money.
* We will give illegals drivers licenses, safe cities and states, and focus on going after employers that hire them.
* If we increase taxes and regulation on employers, that will make them want to hire more people.

Either way I wouldn't have a job. It's hard to work at a place that's closed down because of unions. Trust me, we lost a lot of customers back in the union days.

Well, you did because Cleveland is a dump no one really wanted to live in.

It's more than just being able to work, it's being able to make a living. You don't have to be wheelchair bound to collect disability.

And that's the problem. YOU SHOULD BE! Disability should be there for those who absolutely can't do anything else.

You still can.

Of course not.

Glassdoor reveals Cleveland ranks 5th among the 25 best cities for jobs in 2020

And that's the problem. YOU SHOULD BE! Disability should be there for those who absolutely can't do anything else.

You still can.

Then nobody would be on disability, and we can get rid of the program, because most anybody on it now can do "something." The problem is "something" is not enough to keep a roof over your head. So what you're really suggesting is that people with medical disabilities be thrown out in the street. How Democrat of you.

Either way I wouldn't have a job. It's hard to work at a place that's closed down because of unions. Trust me, we lost a lot of customers back in the union days.

It's more than just being able to work, it's being able to make a living. You don't have to be wheelchair bound to collect disability.

You still can.
Well SS should be set up differently, where as at the time of age retirement, it should be rated differently by job occupation. Using a socialist style approach has wronged many over the years. A welder by trade and career choice shouldn't be held to the same time line as a writer etc. The welders eyes become weakened, and his or her hands become Shakey, knees begin to falter from standing on concrete excetra, excetra, excetra. Ok, so let's say that the welding trade makes more for individual profiting than the average writer does, so maybe tax the welders of America a slightly hire rate knowing that their time only last to say 60 years old in the profession, and therefore the welder should retire in order to live his or her remaining years without struggling to make things work, especially when one is worn out way before the writer is in life. My profession should have had an expiration retire date of 58 years old. It was grueling, but challenging all at the same time. I changed professions, and I really had to after a downsizing came, and older employee's were slated for the cuts. Found other work that suited my abilities, but really have struggled to make it on through. I would have welcomed a hire tax in my first profession, just so I could have retired from that job after 25 years of grueling work that wasn't for the weak in this world.

Of course not.

I've been to Cleveland, guy. Abandoned buildings, decay, they don't even bother to take the signs off the closed stores.

Then nobody would be on disability, and we can get rid of the program, because most anybody on it now can do "something." The problem is "something" is not enough to keep a roof over your head. So what you're really suggesting is that people with medical disabilities be thrown out in the street. How Democrat of you.

Not at all. I think every American should have a job that pays a living wage. The One Percent would never go for it. They like us fighting over their scraps.

I've been to Cleveland, guy. Abandoned buildings, decay, they don't even bother to take the signs off the closed stores.

You've been downtown. You never ventured out anywhere else. That's why you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to this city. Rated 5th in job opportunities. Right, that's because everybody is moving out.

Not at all. I think every American should have a job that pays a living wage. The One Percent would never go for it. They like us fighting over their scraps.

And I think every American should have a billion dollars, but what I want doesn't make it so. If you want every American to be paid well over their abilities, then start your own company and do just that. See how many weeks you stay in business.

Of course not.

Glassdoor reveals Cleveland ranks 5th among the 25 best cities for jobs in 2020

You still can.

My daughter can't work just any job, and this is because of her schedule, and her three kids to raise. So she has to be picky about her job and her schedule based upon those things involved. There are many factors involved, just like she can't work a job that might pay more, because it still isn't affordable to put all three kids in the daycare if the schedule is wrong.

Joe knows these things, but he is just a spin myster who thrives on his skill in which causes him to kiss his own hand. LOL

Of course not.

Every job should pay a living wage eh, and this regardless of all the diverse characters delt with, their choices made, their attitude's, their lack of endurance, their poor attitude towards the company, their boss or their co-workers, but yeah they deserve to get the same as everyone else does eh ??? Pathetic.

You still can.
Well SS should be set up differently, where as at the time of age retirement, it should be rated differently by job occupation. Using a socialist style approach has wronged many over the years. A welder by trade and career choice shouldn't be held to the same time line as a writer etc. The welders eyes become weakened, and his or her hands become Shakey, knees begin to falter from standing on concrete excetra, excetra, excetra. Ok, so let's say that the welding trade makes more for individual profiting than the average writer does, so maybe tax the welders of America a slightly hire rate knowing that their time only last to say 60 years old in the profession, and therefore the welder should retire in order to live his or her remaining years without struggling to make things work, especially when one is worn out way before the writer is in life. My profession should have had an expiration retire date of 58 years old. It was grueling, but challenging all at the same time. I changed professions, and I really had to after a downsizing came, and older employee's were slated for the cuts. Found other work that suited my abilities, but really have struggled to make it on through. I would have welcomed a hire tax in my first profession, just so I could have retired from that job after 25 years of grueling work that wasn't for the weak in this world.

Maybe it's time to scrap the system entirely. I'd be a millionaire today if I could have all the money me and my employers contributed to the system, and had that money invested in a conservative growth account my entire life. If I died before retirement, my family would get that money instead of government.

It sure would stop a lot of bickering in debates like this.

Of course not.

Every job should pay a living wage eh, and this regardless of all the diverse characters delt with, their choices made, their attitude's, their lack of endurance, their poor attitude towards the company, their boss or their co-workers, but yeah they deserve to get the same as everyone else does eh ??? Pathetic.

Joe believes that people start companies and create jobs as a social obligation. Forget about you not being able to sell your product or services because you have to charge so much. Just sell one of your many yachts.

But I'd be willing to bet that if Joe ever had to get his transmission rebuilt, put an addition on his home, have major plumbing work done, he would get three estimates and choose the lowest priced one. After all, that's what employers do. They pay their workers the least amount of money necessary to get the job done, just like you, I, and Joe do every time WE hire somebody to do work for us.

And I think every American should have a billion dollars, but what I want doesn't make it so. If you want every American to be paid well over their abilities, then start your own company and do just that. See how many weeks you stay in business.

Or we vote that in as government policy. Everyone has enough, nobody has too much.. Sounds reasonable to me.

Europe already does this.

Or we vote that in as government policy. Everyone has enough, nobody has too much.. Sounds reasonable to me.

Europe already does this.

Europeans will buy their own products. Americans will not. They will buy the cheapest products available to them. So what you're talking about is getting rid of a free country, institute fascism where government oversees all businesses, and force companies to close down. How does that solve anything?

Forum List

Back