Republican bigotry never ends...

The effort to end the military's Don't Ask Don't Tell policy faces a major hurdle today with Republican Sen. John McCain vowing to filibuster a vote on a defense bill that includes a controversial repeal of the law.

Democratic supporters of the bill say it's unclear they have the 60 Senate votes needed to override McCain, despite unprecedented popular and legislative support for allowing openly gay and lesbian individuals to serve in the military.

Don't Ask Don't Tell: Senate to Vote on Repeal of Ban on Gays in Military - ABC News

There wouldn't be a hurdle to face if the dems would unite. Why don't they?? What do you think of the dems who aren't voting to repeal the law?? I'm sure you would expect this from the repubs, but doesn't it make you more angry to see this opportunity lost when your side could have changed it??

Democrats aren't "ONE" side. They are made up of "everyone else". They are a party of coalitions.

The Republican party is 90% white, mostly Christian and vote in lockstep.

Every time I say this, Republicans say it's not true. Every time. I only say it right after they prove it.
OMG you are a fucking idiot

Bigotry against gay people is a Republican core value.

Did you read McCain's comments? HIs comments did not show nor did they imply bigotry.

Of course not.

Always hide your real motives.

From Reagan's "welfare queen", to Willie Horton to Bin Laden to Saddam to the Rev Wright to Obama to illegal immigrants, the Republicans always have a black or brown or gay boogieman to scare white suburban voters with.

More like Democrats always see people only in terms of their skin color. It's not a person defrauding the taxpayers, it's a BLACK person doing it. It's not a person using chemical weapons against his own people, it's an ARABIC person doing it. It's not a vile, noxious bigot spouting anti-American hatred, it's a BLACK man doing it. It's not a vicious murderer and rapist, it's a BLACK man. Yeah, the only reason anyone could POSSIBLY object to any of those people is because they're not white, because to Democrats, non-white people have no existence, personality, or history beyond their skin pigment.

Maybe YOU should hide your real motives a little better.

What specifically about not asking or telling people your sexual preference is bigoted?

Article's response is what I'm truly hoping for on this one :). I feel all semanterific right now LOL

That's a poorly framed question, my friend.

What is bigoted is not allowing people to be open about their sexual preference.

And people need to discuss their sex lives with everyone around them because why? Rather than encouraging homosexuals to be more open, I'd like it if we could encourage heterosexuals to be more discreet.

That's a poorly framed question, my friend.

What is bigoted is not allowing people to be open about their sexual preference.

Should sexual preference even enter into the equation in the first place?

No.

They are allowed to join the military but they are not equal to heteros in the military.

Sexual preference or the ability to express that preference has no bearing on a persons ability to be an effective military member.

I agree.

The talking point that dont ask, dont tell is bigoted is poorly framed.

I couldn't disagree more. Don't ask, don't tell forces gays in the military to live a double lifestyle.

Here's simple example to illustrate it:

The setting is a typical shop or workcenter in the military and three males having a chat.

Troop1: What did you guys do this weekend?

Troop2: My girlfriend and I went camping with some friends.

(troop 2 just announced his sexuality)

Troop3: My boyfriend and I went camping with some friends.

(troop 3 just announced his sexuality)

Now my question to you is this:

If those troops' commander found out about this conversation what do you think would happen?

DID they announce their sexuality? Maybe they're bisexual. Maybe they're gay but looking to have kids or get benefits. In fact, I have a friend who got married, and then found out his wife was a lesbian who was using him for the bennies (and as a cover).

McCain is playing politics to appeal to bigoted voters or better yet, not to piss off bigoted voters.

:eek: He is?

Lord, thank God we have the Dems in charge - cuz they NEVER do that.... except when they do it, of course.

Fucking moron.

BUT MOM THE OTHER KIDS ARE DOING IT TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

(isn't that what you do when somebody tries to deflect to the "other team?")

The fact that everybody plays politics doesn't mean that it shouldn't be noted when it happens. I am under no obligation to mention anybody else when I'm talking specifically about John McCain's words/actions. Only in your partisan lala land does such an unwritten rule exist.

Put the scorecard down ... nobody outside of the RGS' of the world cares.

Last edited:
Should sexual preference even enter into the equation in the first place?

No.

They are allowed to join the military but they are not equal to heteros in the military.

I agree.

The talking point that dont ask, dont tell is bigoted is poorly framed.

I couldn't disagree more. Don't ask, don't tell forces gays in the military to live a double lifestyle.

Here's simple example to illustrate it:

The setting is a typical shop or workcenter in the military and three males having a chat.

Troop1: What did you guys do this weekend?

Troop2: My girlfriend and I went camping with some friends.

(troop 2 just announced his sexuality)

Troop3: My boyfriend and I went camping with some friends.

(troop 3 just announced his sexuality)

Now my question to you is this:

If those troops' commander found out about this conversation what do you think would happen?

DID they announce their sexuality? Maybe they're bisexual. Maybe they're gay but looking to have kids or get benefits. In fact, I have a friend who got married, and then found out his wife was a lesbian who was using him for the bennies (and as a cover).

One certainly announced he likes chics and the other certainly announced he likes guys. Whether or not they like both is a silly technicality and not germane to the scenario. You can't be gay in the military and pull the "b-but I have hetero sex too" card and expect it to fly.

The effort to end the military's Don't Ask Don't Tell policy faces a major hurdle today with Republican Sen. John McCain vowing to filibuster a vote on a defense bill that includes a controversial repeal of the law.

Democratic supporters of the bill say it's unclear they have the 60 Senate votes needed to override McCain, despite unprecedented popular and legislative support for allowing openly gay and lesbian individuals to serve in the military.

Don't Ask Don't Tell: Senate to Vote on Repeal of Ban on Gays in Military - ABC News

Probably because of liberal's ability to make stuff up is unending.

Question Chris, what does controversial mean?

Oh, it's LIBERALS who make stuff up.

Katrina happened because God was mad at the gays.

Why did we invade Iraq?

I could keep on going, believe me.

Probability says your bound to hit on something truthful by pure random chance.

I dont mean to demean anyone. I truly and i know you probably dont believe me, but i understand the whole protect marriage crowd and i dont like people demean them, but i disagree with them, and the republicans on this one, is what i meant

second, I understand what your saying, and was disappointed it failed

but , shouldnt all amendment not be snuck into bills or am i to naive?

I support gays serving in the military, in fact openly but why is this in the defense bill and not in its own legislation

one thing i cant stand about washington, it always attaches stuff that doesnt belong

do agree with you chris, that the republicans are wrong on this issue

Because many Democrats can't afford to openly support the gay bill on its own. I would like to know how you know anyone is right or wrong on the issue. The report is not even done being written at this point. People and even people in the Pentagon have opinions, but that is it at this point.

naive

Republicans are masters of sneaking things into bills or passing bills through reconciliation. They only scream about it when someone else does it.

Countries that allow openly gay people in the military...

Australia
Austria
Bahamas
Belgium
Canada
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Lithuania
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Slovenia
South Africa
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
UK

I think Don't ask/Don't tell should be repealed Myself.

however this thread is a joke. This is not a sign of GOP Bigotry, this is yet another Example of a Party with A massive majority. Playing Procedural games With a bill, little More than a month before an election to bash the republicans with it.

You guys are doing a good job of supporting their game, But many of us are not buying it. Last time I checked the Democrats had 58 Votes, plus 2 Independents who caucus with them. As in 60 votes. Filibuster proof.

not to mention the democrats refused to hear a single Amendment to the bill. Most having nothing to do with Don't Ask/Don't Tell. After all it was a Defense spending bill. The Democrats knew full well if they Refused to hear any Amendments from the Republicans. They would Filibuster. Bingo the game is on.

I suggest watching some of the Cable coverage of the US senate on TV. Not the News. I mean the channels that just show you what is going on in the Senate. All day long it was Republicans trying to Get Amendments to the spending in the Bill brought up for consideration and the Dems shutting them down.

Nothing but a game. Falling for this is just silly.

Where is your out rage at the 2 Democrats who failed their party?

The right is filled with sacks of shit.

Democrats don't vote in lockstep because they are NOT 90% white.

Why don't you guys understand this? Republicans leave everything for the Democrats to do because they shit on civil rights and squat on the middle class. They do. We know it. You know it. Everyone knows it.

Republicans vote in lockstep no matter what the American majority wants. They have to lie us into Iraq, pass their bills through reconciliation and squat shit on the gays. They hate Hispanics, Muslim, atheists and everyone not "them".

Quit saying Democrats had the majority. Democrats do NOT vote in lockstep.

Remember, defeating DADT would only take a couple of Republicans. But it won't happen. Why? Because the fuckers vote in "lockstep".

Quit slandering Democrats because Republicans are fuckwads.

Take some responsibility.

Australia
Austria
Bahamas
Belgium
Canada
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Lithuania
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Slovenia
South Africa
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
UK

however this thread is a joke. This is not a sign of GOP Bigotry, this is yet another Example of a Party with A massive majority. Playing Procedural games With a bill, little More than a month before an election to bash the republicans with it.

You guys are doing a good job of supporting their game, But many of us are not buying it. Last time I checked the Democrats had 58 Votes, plus 2 Independents who caucus with them. As in 60 votes. Filibuster proof.

not to mention the democrats refused to hear a single Amendment to the bill. Most having nothing to do with Don't Ask/Don't Tell. After all it was a Defense spending bill. The Democrats knew full well if they Refused to hear any Amendments from the Republicans. They would Filibuster. Bingo the game is on.

I suggest watching some of the Cable coverage of the US senate on TV. Not the News. I mean the channels that just show you what is going on in the Senate. All day long it was Republicans trying to Get Amendments to the spending in the Bill brought up for consideration and the Dems shutting them down.

Why don't you guys understand this? Republicans leave everything for the Democrats to do because they shit on civil rights and squat on the middle class. They do. We know it. You know it. Everyone knows it.

Republicans vote in lockstep no matter what the American majority wants. They have to lie us into Iraq, pass their bills through reconciliation and squat shit on the gays. They hate Hispanics, Muslim, atheists and everyone not "them".

Remember, defeating DADT would only take a couple of Republicans. But it won't happen. Why? Because the fuckers vote in "lockstep".

Like anyone is taking any of your posts seriously, deen'o. Like anyone reads anything over a sentence of your posts. :lol:

Australia
Austria
Bahamas
Belgium
Canada
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Lithuania
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Slovenia
South Africa
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
UK

My my more Racial accusations and Rhetoric. Not surprised.

Sure because you say so. So when Democrats voted in lock stop to Pass a Health care Bill Most Americans didn't want it was different how?

You mention with disdain all the time that Republicans are 90% white. One might conclude you are racists against whites. IMO

Democrats do indeed vote in lock step 95% of the time. You are simply perpetuating a falsehood over and over. Which will never make it true.

How is Pointing out the FACT that several Republican Amendments were indeed offered, and the Democrat leadership refused to even allow debate on any of them slander? Do you deny it happened? I watched the CSPAN coverage sir, I beg to differ.

You mean like you are by ignoring the procedural games the Dems played with this bill, and instead choosing to claim Republicans killed it because they hate everyone. ??

Don't think that just because I am trying to remain more civil in Debates, that I will not call Bullshit when I see it. Your constant generalizations and Racial Accusations about All people on the right, and your constant reference to how the Republican Party is 90% white, as if that makes it inherently bad. Is nothing but clear evidence of your own Racial Beliefs.

Last edited:
Republican bigotry is the reason they are opposed to gay rights.

You are at least right. Anyone who is opposed to Gay rights is indeed being a bigot, and there are a fair amount of those in the Republican Party. However where you go wrong is attributing that belief to all Republicans, or even to all those who opposed this bill. This was a large bill with the Don't ask/Don't tell part tacked on.

Several Republicans offered amendments to the body of the bill, not related at all to Don't ask/Don't Tell, and were thwarted from even having them considered by the Democrat Leadership. To ignore than and blame it all on Bigotry is to ignore reality.

Not that, that is anything new. par for the course. Buy what ever Line the Dems are selling today and run with it!

You are at least right. Anyone who is opposed to Gay rights is indeed being a bigot, and there are a fair amount of those in the Republican Party. However where you go wrong is attributing that belief to all Republicans, or even to all those who opposed this bill. This was a large bill with the Don't ask/Don't tell part tacked on.

Several Republicans offered amendments to the body of the bill, not related at all to Don't ask/Don't Tell, and were thwarted from even having them considered by the Democrat Leadership. To ignore than and blame it all on Bigotry is to ignore reality.

Not that, that is anything new. par for the course. Buy what ever Line the Dems are selling today and run with it!

Sorry, I don't know anything about the Dem line.

I just call them as I see them.

Forum List

Back