Republican bigotry never ends...

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
The effort to end the military's Don't Ask Don't Tell policy faces a major hurdle today with Republican Sen. John McCain vowing to filibuster a vote on a defense bill that includes a controversial repeal of the law.

Democratic supporters of the bill say it's unclear they have the 60 Senate votes needed to override McCain, despite unprecedented popular and legislative support for allowing openly gay and lesbian individuals to serve in the military.

Don't Ask Don't Tell: Senate to Vote on Repeal of Ban on Gays in Military - ABC News

The effort to end the military's Don't Ask Don't Tell policy faces a major hurdle today with Republican Sen. John McCain vowing to filibuster a vote on a defense bill that includes a controversial repeal of the law.

Democratic supporters of the bill say it's unclear they have the 60 Senate votes needed to override McCain, despite unprecedented popular and legislative support for allowing openly gay and lesbian individuals to serve in the military.

Don't Ask Don't Tell: Senate to Vote on Repeal of Ban on Gays in Military - ABC News
What does that have to do with bigotry?

Dude McCain is a Progressive Republican.....aka NOT CONSERVATIVE.

I'm also not sure about the bigotry.

Bigotry against gay people is a Republican core value.

Did you read McCain's comments? HIs comments did not show nor did they imply bigotry.

That's an opinion, albeit misinformed.

But my question still stands: What does being against repealing DADT have to do with bigotry?

Did you read McCain's comments? HIs comments did not show nor did they imply bigotry.

Of course not.

Always hide your real motives.

From Reagan's "welfare queen", to Willie Horton to Bin Laden to Saddam to the Rev Wright to Obama to illegal immigrants, the Republicans always have a black or brown or gay boogieman to scare white suburban voters with.

McCain is playing politics to appeal to bigoted voters or better yet, not to piss off bigoted voters.

Of course not.

From Reagan's "welfare queen", to Willie Horton to Bin Laden to Saddam to the Rev Wright to Obama to illegal immigrants, the Republicans always have a black or brown or gay boogieman to scare white suburban voters with.
Oh. I see. The 'bigotry' is in a code to which you have the encryption code?

Some members of the GOP engage in this, Chris. But there are others who really do have fine financial minds and can discuss government spending thoughtfully.

Besides, sloganeering ain't just one party's flaw, yanno?

Of course not.

I like Obama's black half. It's his white half that I have issues with. :eusa_whistle:

It seems Chris is the most Bigoted membeer of this thread. All A are B, because one A has an issue does not mean all A have the same issue

Probably because of liberal's ability to make stuff up is unending.

Question Chris, what does controversial mean?

This is one time I agree with Christina. Don't Ask Don't Tell has a lot to do with bigotry, but let's not forget that that Democratic President Clinton installed it.

The same irrational fears that White and Blacks can't fight in the same unit is being used. There will always be homophobes in the military, but for the most part I would think (I don't because I never served in the military) a fellow soldier would care more about the type of soldier the person is and not whether the soldier sucks cock on the weekend.

Think about it, would you rather have an out of shape coward who happens to be straight (not saying all hetro soldiers fit this mold, so do as do some fag soldiers) or well in shape, marksmith, highly intelligent, brave killing machine who happens to be a fag? I guarantee most would want to be in the same foxhole with the fag!

This is one time I agree with Christina. Don't Ask Don't Tell has a lot to do with bigotry, but let's not forget that that Democratic President Clinton installed it.

The same irrational fears that White and Blacks can't fight in the same unit is being used. There will always be homophobes in the military, but for the most part I would think (I don't because I never served in the military) a fellow soldier would care more about the type of soldier the person is and not whether the soldier sucks cock on the weekend.

Think about it, would you rather have an out of shape coward who happens to be straight (not saying all hetro soldiers fit this mold, so do as do some fag soldiers) or well in shape, marksmith, highly intelligent, brave killing machine who happens to be a fag? I guarantee most would want to be in the same foxhole with the fag!
I think you need to talk to more folks in the military about DADT and read the UCMJ.

What specifically about not asking or telling people your sexual preference is bigoted?

Article's response is what I'm truly hoping for on this one :). I feel all semanterific right now LOL

What specifically about not asking or telling people your sexual preference is bigoted?

Article's response is what I'm truly hoping for on this one :). I feel all semanterific right now LOL

That's a poorly framed question, my friend.

What is bigoted is not allowing people to be open about their sexual preference.

Dude McCain is a Progressive Republican.....aka NOT CONSERVATIVE.

I'm also not sure about the bigotry.
The OP and title of the thread never even mentions Conservatives, only Republicans. And if bigotry has nothing to do with DADT, what would you call it?

Of course not.

I like Obama's black half. It's his white half that I have issues with. :eusa_whistle:

:lol:

Forum List

Back