Republican bigotry never ends...

There was a better time when people didn't ask each other about their sexual preferences at work. Now some idiots think they need to tell everyone.

There was a better time when people didn't ask each other about their sexual preferences at work. Now some idiots think they need to tell everyone.

People announce their sexual preference at work all the freakin' time. GMAFB.

What specifically about not asking or telling people your sexual preference is bigoted?

Article's response is what I'm truly hoping for on this one :). I feel all semanterific right now LOL

That's a poorly framed question, my friend.

What is bigoted is not allowing people to be open about their sexual preference.

Should sexual preference even enter into the equation in the first place? Why ask if someone is Bi, Gay, or Straight.....the way it is now anyone with any sexual preference is allowed to join the military.

Sexual preference or the ability to express that preference has no bearing on a persons ability to be an effective military member.

The talking point that dont ask, dont tell is bigoted is poorly framed.

The effort to end the military's Don't Ask Don't Tell policy faces a major hurdle today with Republican Sen. John McCain vowing to filibuster a vote on a defense bill that includes a controversial repeal of the law.

Democratic supporters of the bill say it's unclear they have the 60 Senate votes needed to override McCain, despite unprecedented popular and legislative support for allowing openly gay and lesbian individuals to serve in the military.

Don't Ask Don't Tell: Senate to Vote on Repeal of Ban on Gays in Military - ABC News

Dude McCain is a Progressive Republican.....aka NOT CONSERVATIVE.

I'm also not sure about the bigotry.
The OP and title of the thread never even mentions Conservatives, only Republicans. And if bigotry has nothing to do with DADT, what would you call it?

I would call it a policy that allows people of any sexual prefernce to join the military without having to worry about recruiters discriminating or fellow military members treating people different due to sexual preference.

Talking about sexual prefernce at work falls under the sexual harrasment law language in our state article.

Doesn't really say much about what you said just a little unrelated 411.

What specifically about not asking or telling people your sexual preference is bigoted?

Article's response is what I'm truly hoping for on this one :). I feel all semanterific right now LOL

That's a poorly framed question, my friend.

What is bigoted is not allowing people to be open about their sexual preference.

Should sexual preference even enter into the equation in the first place?

No.

Why ask if someone is Bi, Gay, or Straight.....the way it is now anyone with any sexual preference is allowed to join the military.

They are allowed to join the military but they are not equal to heteros in the military.

Sexual preference or the ability to express that preference has no bearing on a persons ability to be an effective military member.

I agree.

The talking point that dont ask, dont tell is bigoted is poorly framed.

I couldn't disagree more. Don't ask, don't tell forces gays in the military to live a double lifestyle.

Here's simple example to illustrate it:

The setting is a typical shop or workcenter in the military and three males having a chat.

Troop1: What did you guys do this weekend?

Troop2: My girlfriend and I went camping with some friends.

(troop 2 just announced his sexuality)

Troop3: My boyfriend and I went camping with some friends.

(troop 3 just announced his sexuality)

Now my question to you is this:

If those troops' commander found out about this conversation what do you think would happen?

Last edited:

Talking about sexual prefernce at work falls under the sexual harrasment law language in our state article.

So are you arguing that you can't say that you and your girlfriend are planning on going to the Cape this weekend at work? Because that sure as hell let's everyone know your sexual preference.

The effort to end the military's Don't Ask Don't Tell policy faces a major hurdle today with Republican Sen. John McCain vowing to filibuster a vote on a defense bill that includes a controversial repeal of the law.

Democratic supporters of the bill say it's unclear they have the 60 Senate votes needed to override McCain, despite unprecedented popular and legislative support for allowing openly gay and lesbian individuals to serve in the military.

Don't Ask Don't Tell: Senate to Vote on Repeal of Ban on Gays in Military - ABC News

There wouldn't be a hurdle to face if the dems would unite. Why don't they?? What do you think of the dems who aren't voting to repeal the law?? I'm sure you would expect this from the repubs, but doesn't it make you more angry to see this opportunity lost when your side could have changed it??

So are you arguing that you can't say that you and your girlfriend are planning on going to the Cape this weekend at work? Because that sure as hell let's everyone know your sexual preference.

:lol: ok ok i see what your saying ;)

My mindset was somewhere different than casual conversation but that is a good point you made in the 2 posts.

Makes your coworkers wonder what your wife thinks too.

This country is so backward.

Gays deserve the same rights as straight people.

We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal....

This country is so backward.

We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal....

Keeping them equal is where the problem is.

UNLESS THEY MAKE OVER 200K RIGHT? Then discrimination is quite appropriate. So says the majority of democrats.

UNLESS THEY MAKE OVER 200K RIGHT? Then discrimination is quite appropriate. So says the majority of democrats.

Absolutely.

The rich pay less in taxes now than they did in 1960.

Absolutely.

So you are saying not all americans should be treated equally. A democrat theme since the birth of the party.

Absolutely.

So you are saying not all americans should be treated equally. A democrat theme since the birth of the party.

Yes, and the Republicans do nothing but cater to the rich.

Phil Stockman, Reagan's budget director, said the whole purpose of the Reagan tax cut was to lower taxes for the rich. He called it a "trojan horse."

Absolutely.

Phil Stockman, Reagan's budget director, said the whole purpose of the Reagan tax cut was to lower taxes for the rich. He called it a "trojan horse."

Ok now we are getting somewhere, as you have freely admitted discrimination is OK if its the right kind people you discriminate against. I bet you also think it proper to place americans on a kill list for suspicion. Would that be correct also?

There is no such thing as a "proper" tax rate. It's all relative to the individuals belief and what makes them "feel" good.

Ok now we are getting somewhere, as you have freely admitted discrimination is OK if its the right kind people you discriminate against. I bet you also think it proper to place americans on a kill list for suspicion. Would that be correct also?

Horseshit.

You expect the poor to fight your wars, and now you want them to pay for them also?

Forum List

Back