Republican bigotry never ends...

Yes, and the Republicans do nothing but cater to the rich.

Phil Stockman, Reagan's budget director, said the whole purpose of the Reagan tax cut was to lower taxes for the rich. He called it a "trojan horse."

Ok now we are getting somewhere, as you have freely admitted discrimination is OK if its the right kind people you discriminate against. I bet you also think it proper to place americans on a kill list for suspicion. Would that be correct also?

Horseshit.

You expect the poor to fight your wars, and now you want them to pay for them also?

LOL SO YOU CANT DEBATE. But but but the war. Denial isnt a river. You have freely admitted it is OK to discriminate. So discriminating against gays is proper by your standards. But you dont like it. Run along junior.

What specifically about not asking or telling people your sexual preference is bigoted?

Article's response is what I'm truly hoping for on this one :). I feel all semanterific right now LOL

That's a poorly framed question, my friend.

What is bigoted is not allowing people to be open about their sexual preference.

Should sexual preference even enter into the equation in the first place? Why ask if someone is Bi, Gay, or Straight.....the way it is now anyone with any sexual preference is allowed to join the military.

Sexual preference or the ability to express that preference has no bearing on a persons ability to be an effective military member.

The talking point that dont ask, dont tell is bigoted is poorly framed.

Speaking from the perspective of someone who is straight and currently serving, the way we were told the DADT policy works presents an extremely bigoted picture.

If it was a policy that actually states that you "don't consider people's sexual preference at all", that'd be fine. However DADT simply allows gays to just "not say they're gay" and they won't be discharged. However IF IT IS REVEALED whether through their own mouth or they are caught engaging in "homosexual behavior" they CAN be discharged.

Don't Ask Don't Tell is the catalyst which KEEPS gays from being discriminated against. The problem is not DADT it's the fact that gays can STILL BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST. DADT just keeps people from incriminating themselves when they lie about their sexual preference to keep their job. They still HAVE to lie though, or atleast keep their sexual preference a secret, a burden not experienced by those of us who can talk about our sexual preference openly with no fear of military discharge and our record of noble service being stripped from us.

On a side note, I'd like to add that TWO DEMOCRATS also voted against this. If the Republican Party is the party of "no" the democrats are the party of "maybe not".

The effort to end the military's Don't Ask Don't Tell policy faces a major hurdle today with Republican Sen. John McCain vowing to filibuster a vote on a defense bill that includes a controversial repeal of the law.

Democratic supporters of the bill say it's unclear they have the 60 Senate votes needed to override McCain, despite unprecedented popular and legislative support for allowing openly gay and lesbian individuals to serve in the military.

Don't Ask Don't Tell: Senate to Vote on Repeal of Ban on Gays in Military - ABC News

I am sure it had nothing to do with Democrats Refusing to even hear debate on a single Republican Amendment. :eusa_whistle:

or the Democrats who opposed it as well. Nothing but a game being played on this bill by the Democrats. So transparent it makes the Lies Obama tells seem less.

Yes, and the Republicans do nothing but cater to the rich.

Phil Stockman, Reagan's budget director, said the whole purpose of the Reagan tax cut was to lower taxes for the rich. He called it a "trojan horse."

Ok now we are getting somewhere, as you have freely admitted discrimination is OK if its the right kind people you discriminate against. I bet you also think it proper to place americans on a kill list for suspicion. Would that be correct also?

Horseshit.

You expect the poor to fight your wars, and now you want them to pay for them also?

:eusa_eh: The 47% that don't pay any federal income tax or the 11 percent or recruits that come from the poorest one-fifth of neighborhoods?

Horseshit.

:eusa_eh: The 47% that don't pay any federal income tax or the 11 percent or recruits that come from the poorest one-fifth of neighborhoods?

Multiple choice is not going to be Chris' strong suit.

Horseshit.

Multiple choice is not going to be Chris' strong suit.

Not a problem.

Tax the rich more than the poor.

And give gays the same rights as straights.

I support gays serving in the military, in fact openly but why is this in the defense bill and not in its own legislation

one thing i cant stand about washington, it always attaches stuff that doesnt belong

do agree with you chris, that the republicans are wrong on this issue

The effort to end the military's Don't Ask Don't Tell policy faces a major hurdle today with Republican Sen. John McCain vowing to filibuster a vote on a defense bill that includes a controversial repeal of the law.

Democratic supporters of the bill say it's unclear they have the 60 Senate votes needed to override McCain, despite unprecedented popular and legislative support for allowing openly gay and lesbian individuals to serve in the military.

Don't Ask Don't Tell: Senate to Vote on Repeal of Ban on Gays in Military - ABC News

bragging about your family

understandable

talking about what guy or girl u wanna bang, unneccesary

can we make some distinctions here?

There was a better time when people didn't ask each other about their sexual preferences at work. Now some idiots think they need to tell everyone.

People announce their sexual preference at work all the freakin' time. GMAFB.

I support gays serving in the military, in fact openly but why is this in the defense bill and not in its own legislation

one thing i cant stand about washington, it always attaches stuff that doesnt belong

Because many Democrats can't afford to openly support the gay bill on its own. I would like to know how you know anyone is right or wrong on the issue. The report is not even done being written at this point. People and even people in the Pentagon have opinions, but that is it at this point.

What does that have to do with bigotry?

And you call yourself a scientist?:eusa_naughty:

Probably because of liberal's ability to make stuff up is unending.

Question Chris, what does controversial mean?

Oh, it's LIBERALS who make stuff up.

Katrina happened because God was mad at the gays.

Why did we invade Iraq?

I could keep on going, believe me.

There was a better time when people didn't ask each other about their sexual preferences at work. Now some idiots think they need to tell everyone.

Yea, at work. You never been in the military. I was. Put a bunch of 20 year old dudes together 24/7 and all they talk about is pussy. Except for a couple. They just sit and watch. They are usually gay or virgins. Everyone knows who they are. The ones who are screamingly anti gay are the ones you have to tell "no, I don't swing that way" once the lights are out.

There wouldn't be a hurdle to face if the dems would unite. Why don't they?? What do you think of the dems who aren't voting to repeal the law?? I'm sure you would expect this from the repubs, but doesn't it make you more angry to see this opportunity lost when your side could have changed it??

Democrats aren't "ONE" side. They are made up of "everyone else". They are a party of coalitions.

The Republican party is 90% white, mostly Christian and vote in lockstep.

Every time I say this, Republicans say it's not true. Every time. I only say it right after they prove it.

I dont mean to demean anyone. I truly and i know you probably dont believe me, but i understand the whole protect marriage crowd and i dont like people demean them, but i disagree with them, and the republicans on this one, is what i meant

second, I understand what your saying, and was disappointed it failed

but , shouldnt all amendment not be snuck into bills or am i to naive?

Because many Democrats can't afford to openly support the gay bill on its own. I would like to know how you know anyone is right or wrong on the issue. The report is not even done being written at this point. People and even people in the Pentagon have opinions, but that is it at this point.

13,000 service men and women have been thrown out in the last 17 years for being gay.

Countries that allow openly gay people in the military...

Australia
Austria
Bahamas
Belgium
Canada
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Lithuania
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Slovenia
South Africa
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
UK

Countries that allow openly gay people in the military...

Australia
Austria
Bahamas
Belgium
Canada
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Lithuania
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Slovenia
South Africa
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
UK

I think Don't ask/Don't tell should be repealed Myself.

however this thread is a joke. This is not a sign of GOP Bigotry, this is yet another Example of a Party with A massive majority. Playing Procedural games With a bill, little More than a month before an election to bash the republicans with it.

You guys are doing a good job of supporting their game, But many of us are not buying it. Last time I checked the Democrats had 58 Votes, plus 2 Independents who caucus with them. As in 60 votes. Filibuster proof.

not to mention the democrats refused to hear a single Amendment to the bill. Most having nothing to do with Don't Ask/Don't Tell. After all it was a Defense spending bill. The Democrats knew full well if they Refused to hear any Amendments from the Republicans. They would Filibuster. Bingo the game is on.

I suggest watching some of the Cable coverage of the US senate on TV. Not the News. I mean the channels that just show you what is going on in the Senate. All day long it was Republicans trying to Get Amendments to the spending in the Bill brought up for consideration and the Dems shutting them down.

Nothing but a game. Falling for this is just silly.

Where is your out rage at the 2 Democrats who failed their party?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back