Republican abuse of the filibuster

You can't display a chart unless you have what they call a control chart or a chart that shows how often the other party engages in the same thing. What does "abuse" mean? Is it a liberal definition something like "bipartisanship means republicans caving into democrat demands"?

image002.gif

How many judges did the Republicans filibuster?

Republican abuse of the filibuster

One of a multitude of reasons that Congress is at record low approval ratings. Though this one is likely to carry extra weight.

Leave it to the libs, they defend the A.G. when he authorizes the shipment of 2,000 illegal weapons to Mexico which resulted in the deaths of hundreds of Mexican citizens and one US Border agent but they characterize a legitimate political procedure as "abuse" because they don't like it. B. Hussein Obama is abusing this Country. Attorney General Holder is abusing this Country. The filibuster is legal.

Leave it to the libs, they defend the A.G. when he authorizes the shipment of 2,000 illegal weapons to Mexico which resulted in the deaths of hundreds of Mexican citizens and one US Border agent but they characterize a legitimate political procedure as "abuse" because they don't like it. B. Hussein Obama is abusing this Country. Attorney General Holder is abusing this Country. The filibuster is legal.

Huh...??? What does this thread have anything to do with Holder's crap?

The last time I turned on C-Span, a Democratic Congresscritter was reading the newspaper to his colleagues.

This is a pot-kettle wannabe thread. You really need to get out more, Chris. lol

Chris is very very dishonest or very very stupid. notice no link or discussion?...I have no idea what that chart really means....number of votes not meeting the required 3/5ths? how many of them had dem. votes AGAINST the very same measure prevent it from reaching the cloture threshold?

and, one more time- april 09 thru jan 10, there was no cloture threshold because the dems had the numbers.

Last edited:
How many judges did the Republicans filibuster?

All of them

links. seriously.

GOP Disinformation Campaign on Filibustering Judges | People For the American Way Blog

Then why have the Senate Republicans continued to slow-walk every nomination that comes before them? Even those with no opposition at all are forced to wait for months before the GOP allows them a floor vote. The contrast with how quickly President Bush's committee-approved nominees were given a floor vote is shocking. An average 22-day wait for President Bush's district court nominees has ballooned to 90 for President Obama. For circuit courts, Senate Republicans have forced the average wait from 30 days (for Bush) to 137 (for Obama).

GOP Disinformation Campaign on Filibustering Judges | People For the American Way Blog

Then why have the Senate Republicans continued to slow-walk every nomination that comes before them? Even those with no opposition at all are forced to wait for months before the GOP allows them a floor vote. The contrast with how quickly President Bush's committee-approved nominees were given a floor vote is shocking. An average 22-day wait for President Bush's district court nominees has ballooned to 90 for President Obama. For circuit courts, Senate Republicans have forced the average wait from 30 days (for Bush) to 137 (for Obama).

its Christmas...so I will just call you a shit talking dope...and let you off easy.

links. seriously.

its Christmas...so I will just call you a shit talking dope...and let you off easy.

Well then.....I guess it is difficult to refute your argument then

For all the smack talk, I imagine you have the Republican filibuster statistics at your fingertips. I am prepared to be amazed as you demonstrate for all how little Republicans actualy use the filibuster

Well then.....I guess it is difficult to refute your argument then

For all the smack talk, I imagine you have the Republican filibuster statistics at your fingertips. I am prepared to be amazed as you demonstrate for all how little Republicans actualy use the filibuster

you have no argument- in a chamber where in you have 3/5ths, you don't need the gop, thats one, another is "holds", everyone employs Holds.......

now, list the judges filibustered please, you made the claim, not me.

the Feb. 2010 till the present time frame please. I will wait.

and for an Obama sppter to pitch a bitch over filibustering of judges etc? you have some f*king nerve, really.

That's fucked up.

Bottom line....They are all crap self centered self seeking politicians bought by corporate America. "VOTE ALL THE BUMS OUT."

links. seriously.

That's fucked up.

whats fucked up?

Forum List

Back