Repository of contradictions/errors found in the Q'uran

The Quran is supposed to be the holiest of books for Muslims.

There are a number of glaring errors, inconsistencies and plain old contradictions.

I will start.

Numerical contradictions.

Did "Allah" create the Earth in 6 days, or 2? Or 4, or 8?

Because all four totals, which cannot all be true in the same universe at the same time, are to be found in the Q'uran:

Quran 7: 54 Your gurdian-Lord is Allah who created the heavens and earth in Six Days

Quran 10: 3 Verily your Lord is Allah, who created the heavens and earth in Six Days

Quran 11:7 He it is Who created the heavens and earth in Six Days

Quran-25:29: He Who created the heavens and earth and all that is between, in Six Days

HOWEVER:

Quran 41: 9 Is it that ye deny Him who created the earth in Two Days ?

Quran 41: 10 He set on the (earth) Mountains standing firm high above it, and bestowed blessing on the earth, and measured therein all things to give them nourishment in due proportion, in FOUR DAYS

Quran 41: 12 So He completed them (heavens) as seven firmaments in Two days and

Simple math: 2(for earth) + 4(for nourishment) + 2 (for heavens) = 8 days; and not 6 days

--------------------------------------------------------

Or, does "Allah's" Day mean 1,000 years, or 50,000 years? Hmmmmm....

Quran 22: 47 A day in the sight of the Lord is like a thousand years of your reckoning.

Quran-32:5: To Him, on a Day, the space whereof will be a thousands years of your rekoning

Quran 70: 4 The angels and the spirit ascend unto him in a day the measure whereof is Fifty thousands years.

So, which one is it? Is the day of Allah equal to 1,000 earth years or 50,000 earth years?

Hmmmm......

let's define initially what is the meaning of (contradiction):
i can define it as (two facts that can't be true together)

now let's see what you have mentioned:

1) issues about time!!
according to relativity theory, our (sense of time) depends on velocity and place, you can review the famous (twin paradox) for an example of this. so if two people start from some space point, then travel with different speeds, finally meet at another point. each of them will experience different times!!
Do you believe that?
so the concept of time is not simple as you think.

when God tells me that he created the universe in six days, i will believe that, and if God told me again that the universe created the universe in 2+4+... , i will believe that also. All of these are true!
I needn't to know about relativity or any other theory (that may be proven later to be incomplete) to believe that.
I need only to be open-minded and realize that (there's more than i know in that world).

2) issues about human creation:

again, there is no contradiction here, all the statements about creation can be true together.

Adam, the first human was created from clay which has water as main component or it was initially water and part of it was converted to clay or it was dust that mixed with water to create clay. the creation itself may have been passed in successive stages. and the offspring of adam was created from sperm.

no contradiction here!
so your argument is like saying the two statements:
"i live in new-york"
"i live in america"
are contradictory.

or like saying that the two statements:
"integrated silicon are manufactured from sand."
"integrated circuits are manufactured from crystalline silicon."
are contradictory.

The Quran is supposed to be the holiest of books for Muslims.

There are a number of glaring errors, inconsistencies and plain old contradictions.

I will start.

Numerical contradictions.

Did "Allah" create the Earth in 6 days, or 2? Or 4, or 8?

Because all four totals, which cannot all be true in the same universe at the same time, are to be found in the Q'uran:

Quran 7: 54 Your gurdian-Lord is Allah who created the heavens and earth in Six Days

Quran 10: 3 Verily your Lord is Allah, who created the heavens and earth in Six Days

Quran-25:29: He Who created the heavens and earth and all that is between, in Six Days

HOWEVER:

Quran 41: 10 He set on the (earth) Mountains standing firm high above it, and bestowed blessing on the earth, and measured therein all things to give them nourishment in due proportion, in FOUR DAYS

Quran 41: 12 So He completed them (heavens) as seven firmaments in Two days and

Simple math: 2(for earth) + 4(for nourishment) + 2 (for heavens) = 8 days; and not 6 days

--------------------------------------------------------

Or, does "Allah's" Day mean 1,000 years, or 50,000 years? Hmmmmm....

Quran 22: 47 A day in the sight of the Lord is like a thousand years of your reckoning.

Quran-32:5: To Him, on a Day, the space whereof will be a thousands years of your rekoning

Quran 70: 4 The angels and the spirit ascend unto him in a day the measure whereof is Fifty thousands years.

So, which one is it? Is the day of Allah equal to 1,000 earth years or 50,000 earth years?

Hmmmm......

let's define initially what is the meaning of (contradiction):
i can define it as (two facts that can't be true together)

now let's see what you have mentioned:

1) issues about time!!
according to relativity theory, our (sense of time) depends on velocity and place, you can review the famous (twin paradox) for an example of this. so if two people start from some space point, then travel with different speeds, finally meet at another point. each of them will experience different times!!
Do you believe that?
so the concept of time is not simple as you think.

when God tells me that he created the universe in six days, i will believe that, and if God told me again that the universe created the universe in 2+4+... , i will believe that also. All of these are true!
I needn't to know about relativity or any other theory (that may be proven later to be incomplete) to believe that.
I need only to be open-minded and realize that (there's more than i know in that world).

2) issues about human creation:

again, there is no contradiction here, all the statements about creation can be true together.

Adam, the first human was created from clay which has water as main component or it was initially water and part of it was converted to clay or it was dust that mixed with water to create clay. the creation itself may have been passed in successive stages. and the offspring of adam was created from sperm.

no contradiction here!
so your argument is like saying the two statements:
"i live in new-york"
"i live in america"
are contradictory.

or like saying that the two statements:
"integrated silicon are manufactured from sand."
"integrated circuits are manufactured from crystalline silicon."
are contradictory.

Well, that was some lovely bullshit, but missed the mark.

Quran 41: 12 So He completed them (heavens) as seven firmaments in Two days and …

Good old Mo really needed a course in math, I see.

Let's see: the K'ran states that "Allah" both Shmaya (Heaven) and Earth (Olam) in 6 days. Then he breaks it down into 2 days for Heaven and 2 days for Earth.

I know this may be hard for islamic barbarians to figure out, but amazingly, 2 + 2 =4, not 6.

But it's fun to watch islamic barbarians try to jump through hoops and twist themselves into pretzels instead of being rational human beings and simply realize that there are a great many contradictions in the so-called "K'uran".

Of do any of you Muslims deny the veracity or accuracy of translation of those Surahs? Please, feel free to speak up.

I already answered that.

Two "days" creating the seven Heavens, and two days creating the Earth... but four days total developing the Earth (two of which were spent creating it)

2d + (2d + 2d) = 6d

I already answered that.

Two "days" creating the seven Heavens, and two days creating the Earth... but four days total developing the Earth (two of which were spent creating it)

2d + (2d + 2d) = 6d

No mention of developing the Earth. Only a list of the ingredients in actually creating it. Nice try, though. Quite creative.

Forum List

Back