Reperations are not owed by the U.S.A.

Every group that came to this Country had it hard and for a LONG time in some cases. NONE of them are crying like little girls and demanding money from the Government cause a hundred years ago laws were bad to them. Grow the FUCK up and be a man.

I'm grown. Which means I have complete command of American history. And that history shows me this, for example:

ā€œSince 1790, the U.S. has taken a census that divides citizens into racial categories. These categories have transformed dramatically over the past 220 years along with U.S. demography. In 1790, there were three categories: ā€œfree whitesā€, ā€œother free peopleā€, and ā€œslaves.ā€ Over the next few centuries, new groups were added ranging from broad racial categories (ā€œAsianā€) to subsets (ā€œKoreanā€, for example, was added as its own race in 1920, removed in 1950, re-added in 1970, and subsumed into ā€œAsianā€ in 2000.)ā€

So at least from 1790, this nation has divided itself by race. Pretending that anything has been different is untrue. And the old dumb claim of that was long ago, doesn't flush.

ā€œThe most recent census, taken in 2010, divided Americans as follows: White, Black or African American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, or Some Other Race. In 1980, as a result of a huge increase in the Hispanic population, ā€˜Hispanicā€™ (or Latino, often the preferred term) was added as its own category, with a note that it is an ethnicity, not a race.ā€

So let us continue.

ā€œWhiteness is a social construct, and one with concrete benefits. Being white in the U.S. has long meant better jobs and opportunities, and an escape from persecution based on appearance and culture. Although these structural advantages remain, the meaning of whiteness is still hotly debated.ā€

Now let us understand how those who claim today to have suffered like blacks did not.

ā€œHere it is important to understand how, exactly, Americans ā€˜become whiteā€™. The history of Polish-Americans is an illuminating example. Upon arriving in the U.S. en masse in the late 19th and early 20th century, Poles endured discrimination based on their appearance, religion and culture. In 1903, the New England Magazine decried the Polesā€™ ā€œexpressionless Slavic facesā€ and ā€œstunted figuresā€ as well as their inherent ā€œignoranceā€ and ā€œpropensity to violenceā€. Working for terrible wages, Polish workers were renamed things like ā€œThomas Jeffersonā€ by their bigoted Anglo-Saxon bosses who refused to utter Polish names.

The Poles, in other words, were not considered white. Far from it: they were considered a mysterious menace that should be expelled. When Polish-American Leon Czolgosz killed President William McKinley in 1901, all Poles were deemed potential violent anarchists. ā€œAll people are mourning, and it is caused by a maniac who is of our nationality,ā€ a Polish-American newspaper wrote, pressured to apologize for their own people. The collective blame of Poles for terrorism bears great similarity to how Muslims (both in the U.S. and Europe) are collectively blamed today.

But then something changed. In 1919, Irish gangs in blackface attacked Polish neighborhoods in Chicago in an attempt to convince Poles, and other Eastern European groups, that they, too, were ā€œwhiteā€ and should join them in the fight against blacks. As historian David R. Roediger recalls, ā€œPoles argued that the riot was a conflict between blacks and whites, with Poles abstaining because they belonged to neither group.ā€ But the Irish gangs considered whiteness, as is often the case in America, as anti-blackness. And as in the early 20th century Chicago experienced an influx not only of white immigrants from Europe, but blacks from the South, white groups who felt threatened by black arrivals decided that it would be politically advantageous if the Poles were considered white as well.

With that new white identity came the ability to practice the discrimination they had once endured.

Over time, the strategy of positioning Poles as ā€œwhiteā€ against a dark-skinned ā€œotherā€ was successful. Poles came to consider themselves white, and more importantly, they came to be considered white by their fellow Americans, as did Italians, Greeks, Jews, Russians, and others from Southern and Eastern Europe, all of whom held an ambivalent racial status in U.S. society. Also, intermarriage between white ethnic groups led some to embrace a broader white identity.ā€

What we are looking at here is literally white privilege. Not one of these groups can honestly make the claim of how they have had it just as bad as blacks. A grown up understands this, faces it's reality and doesn't try arguing weak childish arguments that are easily debunked with historical fact.

So grow up and be a man.

Every group of Americans have been considered second class by the people here before them until they prove themselves in various ways and become American.

"Irish need not apply" comes to mind, as well as calling Italians "WOP's" (With Out Papers), the Japanese went through a shitstorm and yet every single one of those groups rose above the prejudices, so why cant blacks?

Let's see now, 400 years of institutionalized racism... that's why they have a hard time. I love it when you guys try to claim that your immigrant ancestors (and mine, for that matter) had it "worse" some how.

Were they property? Could they sell their children? Come on, get real.

I understand the idea they didn't come here willingly,

No, I don't think you understand the implications at all. You see, you bring up the Italians, who did come here willingly. What you don't realize is that if they wanted to, they could go back, and about half the Italian Immigrants from the 1910-1930 period in fact DID go back.

Even IF all the above is true, it is THEIR fault they wallow in the misery, everyone else managed to find a way out of it and to rise above, why cant they?

Can everyone else change their skin color? You see, funny thing. My Grandfather came here from Germany in the 1930's. He changed the pronunciation of his last name and stopped calling himself "Ludwig" and started calling himself "Louis" . Today I am the last member of my family who speaks any German, and I speak it BADLY. So we gave up a lot to be Americans, but at the end of the day, it was our choice.

Blacks haven't been given that choice, that's the problem.
I am sorry but NOONE has owned another human in the STATES since 1865. I do NOT owe anyone a penny for slavery No person living today in the US that is not a Human trafficker does. No black has been a slave since 1865. No black alive today was is or will be a slave they are owed nothing from the US Government. Further more before the Democrats decided to SAVE them in 1965 and on Blacks were hard working PROUD people. Since then most are shiftless consumed by jealous and have no pride at all. Only a prideless people would demand others pay their way when those others owe them NOTHING.

I am black and I know better what blacks have been than your white ass. Slavery did not end in 1865.

After emancipation, Blacks were arrested, tried, found guilty and sent to prison for crimes such as vagrancy, cussing in front of whites, jaywalking and other minor or non offenses for whites. Because of this, they could be returned to slavery and were. This free labor was called convict leasing. There has been no amendment to change this part of the 13th Amendment meaning that in reality slavery could still exist in America today. After slavery ended:

Employment was required of all freedmen; violators faced vagrancy charges

ā€¢Freedmen could not assemble without the presence of a white person

ā€¢Freedmen were assumed to be agricultural workers and their duties and hours were tightly regulated

ā€¢Freedmen were not to be taught to read or write

ā€¢Public facilities were segregated

ā€¢Violators of these laws were subject to being whipped or branded.

And sent back into slavery. For people like Bill Oā€™Rielly, convict leasing would be a great thing, because blacks got ā€œfreeā€ meals and a place to live. The major problem with such an assessment is that free means you get something for nothing, not hours of hard labor. Convict leasing was a cruel and inhumane system rife with abuse. Using the laws of the state, blacks were sent to prison and their labor contracted out or leased to individuals or companies. This was free labor no different from slavery. It is an example of how whites have played wth the law in order to maintain a system of white racial preference.

Far too many people want to argue about things said without an understanding of the depth and length of things that have and continue to occur. ā€œFor example, among the county convicts working in the Pratt Mines of Birmingham, Alabama in 1890:

ā€¢24 men were incarcerated for using ā€œobscene language,ā€

ā€¢Another 24 for ā€œfalse pretenseā€ ā€” a statute used to punish black men who changed employers before the end of the farming season, and

ā€¢Seven for vagrancy, another ill-defined charge that left any unemployed black person vulnerable to arrest.

In Alabama, the convict-leasing system remained on the books until 1928.ā€

Well crap I'm a woman. We had to march for the right to vote and a bunch of women were arrested too for shady reasons.

Where's my money at

Every group of Americans have been considered second class by the people here before them until they prove themselves in various ways and become American.

"Irish need not apply" comes to mind, as well as calling Italians "WOP's" (With Out Papers), the Japanese went through a shitstorm and yet every single one of those groups rose above the prejudices, so why cant blacks?

Let's see now, 400 years of institutionalized racism... that's why they have a hard time. I love it when you guys try to claim that your immigrant ancestors (and mine, for that matter) had it "worse" some how.

No, I don't think you understand the implications at all. You see, you bring up the Italians, who did come here willingly. What you don't realize is that if they wanted to, they could go back, and about half the Italian Immigrants from the 1910-1930 period in fact DID go back.

Even IF all the above is true, it is THEIR fault they wallow in the misery, everyone else managed to find a way out of it and to rise above, why cant they?

Can everyone else change their skin color? You see, funny thing. My Grandfather came here from Germany in the 1930's. He changed the pronunciation of his last name and stopped calling himself "Ludwig" and started calling himself "Louis" . Today I am the last member of my family who speaks any German, and I speak it BADLY. So we gave up a lot to be Americans, but at the end of the day, it was our choice.

I am sorry but NOONE has owned another human in the STATES since 1865. I do NOT owe anyone a penny for slavery No person living today in the US that is not a Human trafficker does. No black has been a slave since 1865. No black alive today was is or will be a slave they are owed nothing from the US Government. Further more before the Democrats decided to SAVE them in 1965 and on Blacks were hard working PROUD people. Since then most are shiftless consumed by jealous and have no pride at all. Only a prideless people would demand others pay their way when those others owe them NOTHING.

I am black and I know better what blacks have been than your white ass. Slavery did not end in 1865.

After emancipation, Blacks were arrested, tried, found guilty and sent to prison for crimes such as vagrancy, cussing in front of whites, jaywalking and other minor or non offenses for whites. Because of this, they could be returned to slavery and were. This free labor was called convict leasing. There has been no amendment to change this part of the 13th Amendment meaning that in reality slavery could still exist in America today. After slavery ended:

ā€¢Freedmen were assumed to be agricultural workers and their duties and hours were tightly regulated

And sent back into slavery. For people like Bill Oā€™Rielly, convict leasing would be a great thing, because blacks got ā€œfreeā€ meals and a place to live. The major problem with such an assessment is that free means you get something for nothing, not hours of hard labor. Convict leasing was a cruel and inhumane system rife with abuse. Using the laws of the state, blacks were sent to prison and their labor contracted out or leased to individuals or companies. This was free labor no different from slavery. It is an example of how whites have played wth the law in order to maintain a system of white racial preference.

Far too many people want to argue about things said without an understanding of the depth and length of things that have and continue to occur. ā€œFor example, among the county convicts working in the Pratt Mines of Birmingham, Alabama in 1890:

ā€¢Another 24 for ā€œfalse pretenseā€ ā€” a statute used to punish black men who changed employers before the end of the farming season, and

ā€¢Seven for vagrancy, another ill-defined charge that left any unemployed black person vulnerable to arrest.

Well crap I'm a woman. We had to march for the right to vote and a bunch of women were arrested too for shady reasons.

Where's my money at

Well white woman, you might have had a decent argument had you not supported slavery or inherited your husbands slaves to go with your own after he died.

Where's my money at

Well white woman, you might have had a decent argument had you not supported slavery or inherited your husbands slaves to go with your own after he died.

And that's a huge fail. As I have said: my ancestors never owned slaves and in fact fought for the North in the Civil War. And that's why your reparations are a massive pipe dream. It's too entangled since the same US gov't went to war to END slavery.

So there it is, "black man"

Where's my money at

And that's a huge fail. As I have said: my ancestors never owned slaves and in fact fought for the North in the Civil War. And that's why your reparations are a massive pipe dream. It's too entangled since the same US gov't went to war to END slavery.

No fail. The US government did not go to war to end slavery and reparations are not just for slavery. White women participated in slavery and apartheid. Descendants of CONFEDERATE SOLDIERS got reparations for a war they were not there to fight and their ancestors fought against the US until 2017. Now if they can figure out a way to do that, there are no entanglements. You sad ass conservatives are just trying to find every excuse you can.

And I am a black man. So there it is white woman, your argument has no legs.

IF they are owed, they are owed by the Confederate States of America, and not the United States of America, I.E. FEDERAL troops, who paid IN BLOOD I.E. hacksawed off limbs the FASTEST of which was timed at just over 30 seconds, to FREE the slaves, therefore the United States of America owes the descendants of former slaves NOTHING except maybe an expectation of a "THANK YOU" from them.

Also, as a decendant of Irish immigrants, ALL OF WHICH CAME AFTER THE CIVIL WAR, how am I on the hook for something whites other than my ancestors did?

Could that be racial bigotry from blacks? Something akin to "they're all alike"?

No way, no pay, go get a job and quit bitching about it, the debt was settled 150+ years ago.

3442i9.jpg
Reparations are typical white liberal politics, it pits black and white americans against one another, they swoop in as savior of the folks their families once owned and they get to share that heinous crime against humanity with everyone, they do it with everything...they pretend americans are the only ones to use nuclear weapons on fellow human beings sharing that crime against humanity they also commited.

IF they are owed, they are owed by the Confederate States of America, and not the United States of America, I.E. FEDERAL troops, who paid IN BLOOD I.E. hacksawed off limbs the FASTEST of which was timed at just over 30 seconds, to FREE the slaves, therefore the United States of America owes the descendants of former slaves NOTHING except maybe an expectation of a "THANK YOU" from them.

Also, as a decendant of Irish immigrants, ALL OF WHICH CAME AFTER THE CIVIL WAR, how am I on the hook for something whites other than my ancestors did?

Could that be racial bigotry from blacks? Something akin to "they're all alike"?

No way, no pay, go get a job and quit bitching about it, the debt was settled 150+ years ago.

3442i9.jpg
You sound like an idiot. The CSA didnt institute slavery. It wasnt even formed until a little before the Civil War you moron. Of course the US owes reparations and there are precedents to the claim. You personally are a citizen of the government that owes the reparations. Thats how youre on the hook.

You sound like an asswipe after having been used.

Where's my money at

No fail. The US government did not go to war to end slavery and reparations are not just for slavery. White women participated in slavery and apartheid. Descendants of CONFEDERATE SOLDIERS got reparations for a war they were not there to fight and their ancestors fought against the US until 2017. Now if they can figure out a way to do that, there are no entanglements. You sad ass conservatives are just trying to find every excuse you can.

Collective guilt then.

How....fascinating.

Rejected.

3442i9.jpg
White liberals need some pocket change until they can get their climate scam off the ground

I just look to what they're (trying) to do to Kanye West, and by extension anyone who listens to him, that African Americans have more than one choice they can make.

Uh... yeah, the only thing being done to Kanye West is people are laughing at him because he's kind of a buffoon.

I was watching Levar Burton who up until then I had some respect for telling Kanye to get his head right, I couldn't believe he'd say something like that but then remembered he's a big PBS guy so is obviously going to tow the line.

Frankly, Burton had a point. West is making a fool out of himself publicly so Trump will rub him on the head and pay attention to some of his wife's causes.

I wish AA's would vote republican en masse just one election to scare the shit out of the DNC and force them to quit taking thier votes for granted, which would thereby also prove to AA's just how little they really need the democrats to begin with.

I wish all you stupid, dumb-ass white Trash would stop voting Republican and letting the rich fuck over the working class because those Republicans are "Right With Jesus"!

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Why don't you just say, "We've gotten rid of racism, so I don't know what all the (n-words) are complaining about."

It would be more honest and the irony level would be lost on you.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Where's my money at

You know one more thing. I will continue to stand up to Odium who has foul views that are racist, and I will stand up to you as well, because you have foul views that are racist.

Racism sucks. Odium's racism sucks. And so does yours.

Rejected.

Wait a minute, I thought you guys said the civil war wasn't about slavery, which is why we should keep up statues of old dead racists!

Even those who didn't own slaves still benefited from slavery. From the infrastructure they built (Up until 1860, 1/3 of the US Economy was based on slave-industries), from the advantages they got from laws like Jim Crow.

I'm not sure reparations are the answer, but hey, a National Apology would be a good thing.

Every group that came to this Country had it hard and for a LONG time in some cases. NONE of them are crying like little girls and demanding money from the Government cause a hundred years ago laws were bad to them. Grow the FUCK up and be a man.
None of those groups were enslaved for centuries then discriminated against for more centuries you retarded, straw chewing, recessive monkey.

None of those groups were enslaved for centuries then discriminated against for more centuries you retarded, straw chewing, recessive monkey.

I see you prefer perpetual childhood.

CHeck your white privilege, buddy.
Ya no one but blacks were hanged beaten or mistreated right you retard?

Where's my money at

Collective guilt then.

How....fascinating.

Rejected.

Collective white racism.

You can't reject documented fact.

So you fail.

I see you prefer perpetual childhood.

Said by a person repeating childish arguments.

CHeck your white privilege, buddy.
Ya no one but blacks were hanged beaten or mistreated right you retard?

The psychosis is amazing.

Hey white racists, Please stop asking for reparations for the Civil War

Last edited:

Forum List

Back