Repenting Homosexuals

Does Roman Chapter 1 lie about who homosexuals are?

• Yes.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No.

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Those who spread hate on homosexuals need to repent

The Bible teaching is clear. You would have to abandon Christianity. Is that what you are implying?
You would have to abandon Christianity because why?

Seriously, dude, your criteria seems more than a little stringent and not even close to the mark.

To be a Christian, you only need to believe that God so loved mankind that he chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth and sacrificed himself to reconcile justice with mercy (.i.e. he paid for our sins). If one truly believes that, God will do the rest if we pay attention to him. Everything else will work itself out along that journey.

It is perfectly acceptable to have disagreements with what you PERCEIVE the bible says. You do not need to have perfect understanding. That can only come in time.

Because it teaches lies about homosexuality.
How do you know that exactly? What lies is it teaching?

That homosexuals are all reprobates with dysfunctional minds. That probably isn't true or nobody would hire them to work for their company.

Do you let them in your front door or Back door. Or does the door swing both ways with you. Just come out of the closet RW. It Won't make your posts any less ignorant but at least everyone else will know for sure.

The abrahamic god tells you homosexuality is a sin. To them, it's not hate.
Why are you so bigoted against abrahamic beliefs?
You dont sound any better than they do.

That law also prohibits wearing mixed textiles. Have you forsaken polyester blends? It prohibits pork and shellfish. Have you forsaken lobster? When was the last time you sacrificed a goat for an unintentional sin? Have you pulled a spiritualist out of their store and stoned them to death lately?

There are all sorts of Abrahamic beliefs and if you aren't willing to live by them, it is a tad hypocritical to insist others do.

I have zero interest in living my life for other people. I am who I am. Don't like it? Tough shit.
Good for you.

According to Catholic thought, sin is anything which distances us from God.

We are distant when it comes to this topic, but quite close in a great deal of many others.
I like to start from positions of agreement and work from there. I find it much more productive. So I appreciate your comment that we are close in mindset on many things. I did suspect that.

But on this topic are you certain that we disagree? I'm not sure we agree on everything, but I don't believe we are as distant as you might believe. Here's why...

I met a friend in an online forum about ten years ago. Let's call him, Paul. Paul is an elderly gentleman and a devout Catholic. In fact, he almost became a priest but was washed out because he was considered to be too conservative for his superiors at that time. It seems that Paul took too much issue with Vatican II. Me being born in 1961, Vatican II was all I ever knew. But I digress. I met him at a time when I was finding my way back to faith. I considered him to be my mentor. I greatly respected him and his opinion. He is a much better man than I and a much much better Catholic than I.

In our conversations, Paul would make passing comments about his wife as everyone else does. Apparently she was the less devout Catholic in the marriage. Anyway, after several years, Paul reveals that his wife is a man. He later told me that he was worried about what I would think about him. Can you imagine that? He was worried about what I would think? It didn't change anything for me. I love Paul. I feel bad that he ever worried about what I would think. Why would it make any difference to me? Paul is a good man. God loves good men. For that matter, God loves all men. Even the bad ones.

Long story short, Paul and I discussed this subject in great depth. I argued that he wasn't sinning and he argued that he was. He thought I went to great lengths (i.e. convoluted logic) to rationalize my beliefs. And maybe at that time I did, but today I could not say it any simpler than if one believes that God so loved mankind that he chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth and sacrificed himself to reconcile justice with mercy (.i.e. he paid for our sins), then everything else will work itself out along that journey. I hold this to be true as long as one does not rationalize his behaviors.

So, are you certain we are distant when it comes to this topic?

The abrahamic god tells you homosexuality is a sin. To them, it's not hate.
Why are you so bigoted against abrahamic beliefs?
You dont sound any better than they do.
The Abrahamic God is an asshole

Those who hate are sinners
I agree he was. I was just saying you are no better than Christian's. We are all bigoted against something. Many things.
You too have a faulty perception of consciousness without form capable of creating the material world (i.e. existence).

You are approaching this from a misinformed position of what you think the Bible says, rather than the position of a force that connects us all and is capable of creating existence. Garbage in equals garbage out and you start from the worst possible position rather than the proposition that consciousness created the material world.

I have zero interest in living my life for other people. I am who I am. Don't like it? Tough shit.
Good for you.

We are distant when it comes to this topic, but quite close in a great deal of many others.
I like to start from positions of agreement and work from there. I find it much more productive. So I appreciate your comment that we are close in mindset on many things. I did suspect that.

But on this topic are you certain that we disagree? I'm not sure we agree on everything, but I don't believe we are as distant as you might believe. Here's why...

I met a friend in an online forum about ten years ago. Let's call him, Paul. Paul is an elderly gentleman and a devout Catholic. In fact, he almost became a priest but was washed out because he was considered to be too conservative for his superiors at that time. It seems that Paul took too much issue with Vatican II. Me being born in 1961, Vatican II was all I ever knew. But I digress. I met him at a time when I was finding my way back to faith. I considered him to be my mentor. I greatly respected him and his opinion. He is a much better man than I and a much much better Catholic than I.

In our conversations, Paul would make passing comments about his wife as everyone else does. Apparently she was the less devout Catholic in the marriage. Anyway, after several years, Paul reveals that his wife is a man. He later told me that he was worried about what I would think about him. Can you imagine that? He was worried about what I would think? It didn't change anything for me. I love Paul. I feel bad that he ever worried about what I would think. Why would it make any difference to me? Paul is a good man. God loves good men. For that matter, God loves all men. Even the bad ones.

Long story short, Paul and I discussed this subject in great depth. I argued that he wasn't sinning and he argued that he was. He thought I went to great lengths (i.e. convoluted logic) to rationalize my beliefs. And maybe at that time I did, but today I could not say it any simpler than if one believes that God so loved mankind that he chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth and sacrificed himself to reconcile justice with mercy (.i.e. he paid for our sins), then everything else will work itself out along that journey. I hold this to be true as long as one does not rationalize his behaviors.

I didn’t mean my relationship with you, but my relationship with God. Thank you sharing this story with me. It was most illuminating. Cheers!

The Bible teaching is clear. You would have to abandon Christianity. Is that what you are implying?
What's clear is that the bible was written by men, imbued with man's ignorance, fear, and hate; in this case the unwarranted hate of homosexuals.
The Bible was written by men. I don't presume it is God's perfect word because men are not perfect and it is man's interpretation of God's perfect word. Not only that but you are not perfect so your interpretation of their interpretation isn't perfect either.

God's perfect word is truth. Anything which is true is God's perfect word.

The difference between you and I is that you would throw the baby out with the bathwater, whereas I search for the meaning and understanding.

Good for you.

I didn’t mean my relationship with you, but my relationship with God. Thank you sharing this story with me. It was most illuminating. Cheers!
I understood what you meant.

You are welcome. It was my pleasure.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

Seriously, dude, your criteria seems more than a little stringent and not even close to the mark.

To be a Christian, you only need to believe that God so loved mankind that he chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth and sacrificed himself to reconcile justice with mercy (.i.e. he paid for our sins). If one truly believes that, God will do the rest if we pay attention to him. Everything else will work itself out along that journey.

It is perfectly acceptable to have disagreements with what you PERCEIVE the bible says. You do not need to have perfect understanding. That can only come in time.

The bible says not to lie with a man as you lie with a woman. So then homosexuality is ok, because with a woman, it's cock to pussy, with a man, it's cock to anus. So not the same.
I can always count on an intellectual reply from you. Thanks for not disappointing.

No one should repent of "being" a homosexual. One cannot help one's proclivities and they are not, in themselves, sinful.

By analogy, does a heterosexual man have to "repent" of wanting to copulate with every beautiful girl he encounters on the beach? Hardly.

But homosexual sodomy is sinful, and we should avoid sin and repent for our past sins.

Hey friend. Voting yes in the poll would be good. That is what I did.
You don't have an option I agree with. It's not an even or kind of answer. It's way more complicated than you make it.

Then complicate it for us.
I don't have it all worked out.

But I can start on it with you.

Do you believe the Bible is God's perfect word?

Or do you believe it is man's understanding of God's perfect word?

No. It is not God's perfect word.

No. It is not man's understanding of God's perfect word.

It is writings that were audited by an elite group of scholars that found it to be an accurate representation of humanity and a superior philosphy for society to follow.

I can't read minds. I don't what the motives of the writers were. I suspect some of the Old Testament was designed to be a weapon used for military purposes. I suspect a lot of the New Testament was politically motivated. I think other parts of the Old Testament is a history book occassionally flavored with delicious embellishments to add emphasis to the story.
I see. Before I get into this with you, can you tell me how long you have believed that "It is writings that were audited by an elite group of scholars that found it to be an accurate representation of humanity and a superior philosphy for society to follow?"

That homosexuals are all reprobates with dysfunctional minds. That probably isn't true or nobody would hire them to work for their company.
You got all of that from the Bible?

Can you tell me what you believe homosexuals are?

The bible says not to lie with a man as you lie with a woman. So then homosexuality is ok, because with a woman, it's cock to pussy, with a man, it's cock to anus. So not the same.
I can always count on an intellectual reply from you. Thanks for not disappointing.
True tho. Jus' sayin'.

True tho. Jus' sayin'.
Might I suggest thinking more and saying less?

Have you ever heard of a homosexual that *repented of the sin of homosexuality?

If not, does this prove that Romans 1 is true?

If so, does this prove that Romans 1 is a lie?

*Repent means to stop doing it.
Could you have used a few more colors?

Forum List

Back