Repenting Homosexuals

Does Roman Chapter 1 lie about who homosexuals are?

• Yes.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No.

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No one should repent of "being" a homosexual. One cannot help one's proclivities and they are not, in themselves, sinful.

By analogy, does a heterosexual man have to "repent" of wanting to copulate with every beautiful girl he encounters on the beach? Hardly.

But homosexual sodomy is sinful, and we should avoid sin and repent for our past sins.

Hey friend. Voting yes in the poll would be good. That is what I did.

Those who spread hate on homosexuals need to repent

The Bible teaching is clear. You would have to abandon Christianity. Is that what you are implying?
You would have to abandon Christianity because why?

Seriously, dude, your criteria seems more than a little stringent and not even close to the mark.

To be a Christian, you only need to believe that God so loved mankind that he chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth and sacrificed himself to reconcile justice with mercy (.i.e. he paid for our sins). If one truly believes that, God will do the rest if we pay attention to him. Everything else will work itself out along that journey.

It is perfectly acceptable to have disagreements with what you PERCEIVE the bible says. You do not need to have perfect understanding. That can only come in time.

The Bible teaching is clear. You would have to abandon Christianity. Is that what you are implying?

Seriously, dude, your criteria seems more than a little stringent and not even close to the mark.

To be a Christian, you only need to believe that God so loved mankind that he chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth and sacrificed himself to reconcile justice with mercy (.i.e. he paid for our sins). If one truly believes that, God will do the rest if we pay attention to him. Everything else will work itself out along that journey.

It is perfectly acceptable to have disagreements with what you PERCEIVE the bible says. You do not need to have perfect understanding. That can only come in time.

Because it teaches lies about homosexuality.

Have you ever heard of a homosexual that *repented of the sin of homosexuality?

If not, does this prove that Romans 1 is true?

If so, does this prove that Romans 1 is a lie?

*Repent means to stop doing it.
Is it a sin? What sexual acts, exactly, are verboten? I may be doing something wrong.

How about a "don't care" option? I never particularly cared for Paul's opinions, one way or another.

No one should repent of "being" a homosexual. One cannot help one's proclivities and they are not, in themselves, sinful.

By analogy, does a heterosexual man have to "repent" of wanting to copulate with every beautiful girl he encounters on the beach? Hardly.

But homosexual sodomy is sinful, and we should avoid sin and repent for our past sins.

You don't have an option I agree with. It's not an either or kind of answer. It's way more complicated than you make it.

Last edited:

You don't have an option I agree with. It's not an even or kind of answer. It's way more complicated than you make it.

Then complicate it for us.

Why doesn't he? Because I kind of think he does.

But then again I am using my description of what repent means.

You don't have an option I agree with. It's not an even or kind of answer. It's way more complicated than you make it.

I don't have it all worked out.

But I can start on it with you.

Do you believe the Bible is God's perfect word?

Or do you believe it is man's understanding of God's perfect word?

I have zero interest in living my life for other people. I am who I am. Don't like it? Tough shit.
Good for you.

According to Catholic thought, sin is anything which distances us from God.

We are distant when it comes to this topic, but quite close in a great deal of many others.

How do you know that exactly? What lies is it teaching?

How do you know that exactly? What lies is it teaching?
The bible says not to lie with a man as you lie with a woman. So then homosexuality is ok, because with a woman, it's cock to pussy, with a man, it's cock to anus. So not the same.

I don't have it all worked out.

But I can start on it with you.

Do you believe the Bible is God's perfect word?

Or do you believe it is man's understanding of God's perfect word?

No. It is not God's perfect word.

No. It is not man's understanding of God's perfect word.

It is writings that were audited by an elite group of scholars that found it to be an accurate representation of humanity and a superior philosphy for society to follow.

I can't read minds. I don't what the motives of the writers were. I suspect some of the Old Testament was designed to be a weapon used for military purposes. I suspect a lot of the New Testament was politically motivated. I think other parts of the Old Testament is a history book occassionally flavored with delicious embellishments to add emphasis to the story.

Forum List

Back