Repeal obamacare,repeal obamacare,repealobamacare.

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
REPEAL OBAMACARE,REPEAL OBAMACARE,REPEALOBAMACARE.

Sounding board of Steve King and the Radical Right Wing Crazies. “Just repealing three component of Obamacare would save billions and balance the budget.” But they fail to do the math of the cost of not having obamacare. Cost of having to treat people without healthcare (or have it and cannot afford to use it) in hospital emergency rooms, in county healthcare clinics and preventing illness from become chronic and an emergency. Treating people before they become an emergency or an emergency will save us trillions that can be used to balance the budget.

GOP’s healthcare plan is “personal responsibility” and save for your healthcare. How the hell do one who live from pay day to pay day (most of Americans) save for healthcare of any kind. Most with private healthcare cannot use it because co-payments cost too much. When the 14 million unemployment Americans go back to work many will have pre-existing illness that will not be covered. Results will be lost of lives and they claim to be “pro-life.”

How can you put a price of the lives of Americans.

Repealing obamacare would be murder.

Would Obamacare mandate apply to illegal aliens and require them to have healthcare coverage or pay a fine?

Day 1 agenda for Trump's presidency...
icon_wink.gif

Republican-led Senate takes first step to repeal 'Obamacare'
January 12, 2017 | WASHINGTON (AP) — The Senate early Thursday passed a measure to take the first step forward on dismantling President Barack Obama's health care law, responding to pressure to move quickly even as Republicans and President-elect Trump grapple with what the replace it with.
The nearly party-line 51-48 vote came on a nonbinding Republican-backed budget measure that eases the way for action on subsequent repeal legislation as soon as next month. "We must act quickly to bring relief to the American people," said Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky. The House is slated to vote on the measure on Friday, though some Republicans there have misgivings about setting the repeal effort in motion without a better idea of the replacement plan.

Trump oozed confidence at a news conference on Tuesday, promising his incoming administration would soon reveal a plan to both repeal so-called Obamacare and replace it with legislation to "get health care taken care of in this country." "We're going to do repeal and replace, very complicated stuff," Trump told reporters, adding that both elements would pass virtually at the same time. That promise, however, will be almost impossible to achieve in the complicated web of Congress, where GOP leaders must navigate complex Senate rules, united Democratic opposition and substantive policy disagreements among Republicans.

02c633c7e32c4f86a495f69e5fc4ed9c_original.jpg

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell of Ky. pauses during a news conference on Capitol Hill in Washington. The Republican-led Senate is poised to take a step forward on dismantling President Barack Obama’s health care law despite anxiety among some GOP senators that they still haven’t come up with an alternative.​

Passage of Thursday's measure would permit follow-up legislation to escape the threat of a filibuster by Senate Democrats. Republicans are not close to agreement among themselves on what any "Obamacare" replacement would look like, however. Republicans plan to get legislation voiding Obama's law and replacing parts of it to Trump by the end of February, House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., said Wednesday on "The Hugh Hewitt Show," a conservative radio program. Other Republicans have said they expect the process to take longer.

The 2010 law extended health insurance to some 20 million Americans, prevented insurers from denying coverage for pre-existing conditions and steered billions of dollars to states for the Medicaid health program for the poor. Republicans fought the effort tooth and nail and voter opposition to Obamacare helped carry the party to impressive wins in 2010, 2014, and last year. Thursday's Senate procedural vote will set up special budget rules that will allow the repeal vote to take place with a simple majority in the 100-member Senate, instead of the 60 votes required to move most legislation.

That means Republicans, who control 52 seats, can push through repeal legislation without Democratic cooperation. They're also discussing whether there are some elements of a replacement bill that could get through at the same time with a simple majority. But for many elements of a new health care law, Republicans are likely to need 60 votes and Democratic support, and at this point the two parties aren't even talking. Increasing numbers of Republicans have expressed anxiety over obliterating the law without a replacement to show voters.

MORE

Trump in his speech today (1/11/2017) said that the replacement would be within a matter of hours if possible.

I know Ryan and McConnell disagree with him on this.

But Trump astutely knows what he has to deliver in order to get re-elected.

So my guess is that when Ryan and McConnell do NOT have a replacement ready, then Trump is going to be forced to veto the repeal legislation, and the DEM's will agree with him.

Therefore no veto override will be possible in either the Senate or the House, and then ACA will continue in force indefinitely.

Trump knows they need to fix it, but I doubt he would agree to repeal it without a replacement like Romney-Care ready to go right away.

Then the honeymoon will be over between Trump, Ryan, and McConnell.

Congress never lets go of power voluntarily. Whatever they do, they'll keep their fingers deeply inserted into the health insurance market.

REPEAL OBAMACARE,REPEAL OBAMACARE,REPEALOBAMACARE.

Sounding board of Steve King and the Radical Right Wing Crazies. “Just repealing three component of Obamacare would save billions and balance the budget.” But they fail to do the math of the cost of not having obamacare. Cost of having to treat people without healthcare (or have it and cannot afford to use it) in hospital emergency rooms, in county healthcare clinics and preventing illness from become chronic and an emergency. Treating people before they become an emergency or an emergency will save us trillions that can be used to balance the budget.

GOP’s healthcare plan is “personal responsibility” and save for your healthcare. How the hell do one who live from pay day to pay day (most of Americans) save for healthcare of any kind. Most with private healthcare cannot use it because co-payments cost too much. When the 14 million unemployment Americans go back to work many will have pre-existing illness that will not be covered. Results will be lost of lives and they claim to be “pro-life.”

How can you put a price of the lives of Americans.

Repealing obamacare would be murder.

Would Obamacare mandate apply to illegal aliens and require them to have healthcare coverage or pay a fine?

When a bleeding heart Liberals claims someone has a right to healthcare but isn't willing to provide that coverage to that person with their own money, they put a price on a life. It's zero until they're willing to voluntarily provide to someone what they say that person should have and no longer demand someone else be forced to fund it.

I don't owe anyone healthcare coverage. If you want to provide it to them, do it with your money. MY money is for MY family not someone else's unwilling to do for their own.

Couldn't that logic be extended to anything else the government funds?

Absolutely. We should always question the use of government to solve problems that can be dealt with through voluntary cooperation instead.

Agreed, how the government spends our money is definitely something that should be transparent and talked about.

I was referring to the "I don't owe anyone healthcare coverage" angle. Couldn't I take the position that I don't owe anyone a public education? If you want to provide it to them do it with your money, MY money is for MY family not someone else's unwilling to do for their own.

Agreed, how the government spends our money is definitely something that should be transparent and talked about.

I was referring to the "I don't owe anyone healthcare coverage" angle. Couldn't I take the position that I don't owe anyone a public education? If you want to provide it to them do it with your money, MY money is for MY family not someone else's unwilling to do for their own.

Yes. And many people do take that position. But I think the cost-sharing dynamic of providing social services with government is the least damaging aspect. Far more dangerous is the level of control we give government when we make it the primary source of life's necessities.

Forum List

Back