Reparations Poll - vote for or against

Do you support or oppose "reparations"

• Support

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Oppose

Votes: 105 93.8%

• Total voters
Every election cycle we have some democrats trotting out the "free money" promise to supporters via "reparations". Any type of "reparations" have zero chance of becoming Law. The 2020 elections cycle is heating up and Kamala and Warren both support reparations.
Reparations for Slavery: Symbolism over Substance | National Review
Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren reportedly say they support reparations for black Americans affected by slavery

This is what reparations could actually look like in America

Reparations for Slavery Reading - Constitutional Rights Foundation

Rep. John Conyers hopes Americans are finally ready to talk about reparations

Half the stupid asses in this country don't even know that .
K. Harris ancestors owned slaves oh noooo..

According to Kamala Harris’ father, the Democratic presidential hopeful’s great-grandmother was a Jamaican slave plantation owner who founded the city of Brown’s Town, Jamaica.

A True Democrat: Kamala Harris Direct Descendant Of Slave Owners

Last edited:
Every election cycle we have some democrats trotting out the "free money" promise to supporters via "reparations". Any type of "reparations" have zero chance of becoming Law. The 2020 elections cycle is heating up and Kamala and Warren both support reparations.
Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren reportedly say they support reparations for black Americans affected by slavery

Democrats were all in on slavery and racial oppression, so, as long as they all pay the reparations it's fine with me.

I support them in theory on a philosophical level. In practice, not so much.

So, because your ancestors were slaves, YOU should get some goodies. Do all blacks get a new car as a prize? How about $500 a month for mortgage help? Maybe $4,000 a year additional income? AND FOR WHAT?

Just what did any black today do to deserve this bonus Warren et al are calliing for?

Two hundred years ago there were blacks who were treated horribly. Inhumanely. Cruelly. There should be statues all over this nation celebrating those lives for what they did in dire times. They persevered. Some did not make it, but those that did should be put on a pedestal and remembered every February. They used their freedom to build farms and invent machines and led Christain lives in the greatest country on the planet.

When given the chance to return to Liberia, most said "NO!" I want to stay here.

And they did. Most blacks should be so grateful to their ancestors because they received the greatest gift that could be given. Being an American.

Look at the people fighting to come here. Running across borders, applying for asylum. No one needs reparations. They need to thank their ancestors that paid dearly for their citizenship.

Why would you support them on any level. The US population doubled between 1870 and 1900. Meaning the majority of the whites in the US came after slavery ended as well as a large portion of blacks. Plus there a little concept in our Constitution that there is no corruption of blood. Which basically means the sons can not be held responsible for the sins of the father. It's time these freaking politicians leave history in the past and just get over it.

Every election cycle the reprehensible right contrives ridiculous lies about Democrats – this thread being one of many examples.

My ancestors came from Europe to America in the late 1880s, so my family has never owned slaves. Why should I pay for the crimes of dead people I neither knew or are related to?

How about you go after the families, heirs of former slave owners that actually owned slaves and leave the 99.99% of the population out of this hair brain proposal?

Better yet how about paying reparations to the families that lost relatives fighting to end slavery? Only the survivors received a stipend for their service, the dead, notice in the news paper.

Why would you support them on any level. The US population doubled between 1870 and 1900. Meaning the majority of the whites in the US came after slavery ended as well as a large portion of blacks. Plus there a little concept in our Constitution that there is no corruption of blood. Which basically means the sons can not be held responsible for the sins of the father. It's time these freaking politicians leave history in the past and just get over it.

The Constitution does not dictate what is right and wrong. That you think that reparations would be punishment leads me to think that there is no point discussing it with you further.

So, because your ancestors were slaves, YOU should get some goodies. Do all blacks get a new car as a prize? How about $500 a month for mortgage help? Maybe $4,000 a year additional income? AND FOR WHAT?

Just what did any black today do to deserve this bonus Warren et al are calliing for?

Two hundred years ago there were blacks who were treated horribly. Inhumanely. Cruelly. There should be statues all over this nation celebrating those lives for what they did in dire times. They persevered. Some did not make it, but those that did should be put on a pedestal and remembered every February. They used their freedom to build farms and invent machines and led Christain lives in the greatest country on the planet.

When given the chance to return to Liberia, most said "NO!" I want to stay here.

And they did. Most blacks should be so grateful to their ancestors because they received the greatest gift that could be given. Being an American.

Look at the people fighting to come here. Running across borders, applying for asylum. No one needs reparations. They need to thank their ancestors that paid dearly for their citizenship.
How about blacks who came here from Haiti? How about blacks who came here after 1860? How about whites who came here after 1860? Half of my ancestry is Irish. They came over long after the Civil war. 1/4 French Canadian. 1/4 English.

How much should I have to pay?

Last edited:
Better yet how about paying reparations to the families that lost relatives fighting to end slavery? Only the survivors received a stipend for their service, the dead, notice in the news paper.
How about all the Southerners who never owned slaves. Should they pay for reparations?

The Constitution does not dictate what is right and wrong. That you think that reparations would be punishment leads me to think that there is no point discussing it with you further.
How is it not punishment?

It's hard to believe that anyone is stupid enough to support this insanity.

How about blacks who came her from Haiti? How about blacks who came here after 1860? How about whites who came here after 1860? Half of my ancestry is Irish. They came over long after the Civil war. 1/4 French Canadian. 1/4 English.

How much should I have to pay?
I believe you missed my point. They should be paid nothing. The fact that they are here is their great gift. Look at who and how many are scrambling and sometimes dying to get here in 2019 and those that had ancestors come and serve as slaves are here now is the reparation in itself.

They should be grateful they had an ancestor come and perform as a slave.

There is no way to pay a gift for a good act amd not miss anyone. Giving your time, sweat or life for a purpose, no matter how noble is just part of life.

Forum List

Back