Reparations Poll - vote for or against

Do you support or oppose "reparations"

• Support

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Oppose

Votes: 105 93.8%

• Total voters
The covert and overt racism is apparent in the OP theme and the reactions to it. Why don't you people who hate blacks simply put on your white robes and proudly wear that hate in public; sitting behind a keyboard with seething hate is cowardly.

I don't support reparations, and I don't judge people by the color of their skin. I judge people by their character.

See post #353 then re-write this horseshit.

You stated: (in the US) "We're essentially color-blind"

I'm now listening to the mockery by comedians and others that Trump was a clown, I only wish he was. However the link did not prove that essentially we in the US are color-blind.

One data point at the end, is well insufficient to rebut my post. As for Donald Trump and your effort to make him look as if he is a popular president, I find that entirely clownish.

Over 3 million voters cast a ballot for HRC or one of the other's running for the office of POTUS.

There needs to be an option for "I Can't Believe This Race-Baiting Foolishness Is Even a Question".

There needs to be an option for "I Can't Believe This Race-Baiting Foolishness Is Even a Question".

I tried calling balls and strikes with the poll, reparations are either supported or opposed. The dems brought up the "reparation" bullshit, so I made it a poll. I'm not seeing racism in the communities and work places I live in.

The covert and overt racism is apparent in the OP theme and the reactions to it. Why don't you people who hate blacks simply put on your white robes and proudly wear that hate in public; sitting behind a keyboard with seething hate is cowardly.

I don't support reparations, and I don't judge people by the color of their skin. I judge people by their character.

I'm now listening to the mockery by comedians and others that Trump was a clown, I only wish he was. However the link did not prove that essentially we in the US are color-blind.
One data point at the end, is well insufficient to rebut my post. As for Donald Trump and your effort to make him look as if he is a popular president, I find that entirely clownish.
Over 3 million voters cast a ballot for HRC or one of the other's running for the office of POTUS.

1. Your claim that the OP is racist is wrong. It correctly points out that dem candidates are discussing/supporting reparations. I did not create the issue, I simply documented it.
2. You state that I hate blacks. You're wrong. Once again, the dem candidates brought up the issue of reparations.
3. I'm glad that you don't support reparations, I wish that the stupid candidates had not mentioned "reparations".

your latest post:
1. The video of "Trump can't win" showed at the end a black guy who was a Trump supporter. I don't know why he was one, but I applaud his choice of working over the dem promises of more government handouts. Trump is trying to help all segments of society with better jobs.
2. The "color-blind" statement is mine based on observations in places where I worked and where I live.
3. I think you meant that 3m "more" voters cast ballots for HRC than Trump. OK, so what? Trump is president and HRC is not, all due to the USSC and the Electoral College.

So I'm not a racist, more black voters than you think like Trump, racism isn't as bad as the MSM promotes, and Trump will probably win re-election.

1. Your claim that the OP is racist is wrong. It correctly points out that dem candidates are discussing/supporting reparations. I did not create the issue, I simply documented it.
2. You state that I hate blacks. You're wrong. Once again, the dem candidates brought up the issue of reparations.
3. I'm glad that you don't support reparations, I wish that the stupid candidates had not mentioned "reparations".

your latest post:
1. The video of "Trump can't win" showed at the end a black guy who was a Trump supporter. I don't know why he was one, but I applaud his choice of working over the dem promises of more government handouts. Trump is trying to help all segments of society with better jobs.
2. The "color-blind" statement is mine based on observations in places where I worked and where I live.
3. I think you meant that 3m "more" voters cast ballots for HRC than Trump. OK, so what? Trump is president and HRC is not, all due to the USSC and the Electoral College.

So I'm not a racist, more black voters than you think like Trump, racism isn't as bad as the MSM promotes, and Trump will probably win re-election.

I hope you're wrong, and Trump become another one term president. IMO, and I'm far from alone, trump is inept, incompetent and suffers from personality disorders, which makes the power he has a danger to world peace.

A megalomaniac with the power to wage war by impulse, and the temperament of a 2 year old in the White House, should make every thoughtful and aware American cringe.

your latest post:

I hope you're wrong, and Trump become another one term president. IMO, and I'm far from alone, trump is inept, incompetent and suffers from personality disorders, which makes the power he has a danger to world peace.

A megalomaniac with the power to wage war by impulse, and the temperament of a 2 year old in the White House, should make every thoughtful and aware American cringe.

I'm sure we'll have a good time debating during the primaries and the 2020 election...<poof>

I support reparations, but only if the following conditions are met:
1. Funds to be disbursed will be collected from all persons who currently hold, or have held, black slaves in this country.
2. Recipients of reparations will have been held as slaves, in this country. Reparations will be prorated for the period of slavery for each individual.
3. Monies collected for disbursement will be based on prevailing wages at the time that recipients were enslaved.
4. All persons who were never slave-owners nor slaves are exempt from forced contribution or mandatory disbursement of funds.
Fair is fair. If you own, or have owned black slaves (in the US), you should pay into the pot so that those blacks who have been slaves here are fairly compensated for their tribulations.

I voted against reparations, because too many lives were lost in order to end it. However, I would reconsider under certain conditions.

If there is to be reparations, two questions arise: Who should be paid, and who should pay it?

I could agree to paying reparations to people, and only to people that can prove they were progeny of the slaves. That answers the first question.

And to second, who should pay for it? Lets see...

Not all Americans owned the slaves, and even back then, not all Americans supported the slavery. Civil war was fought with two sides, one for and one against, so it's obvious, and we all know who supported the slavery.

Did Lincoln and Republican party supported slavery? Have they supported segregation? Have they supported Jim Crow laws? Was the KKK terrorist hand of the Republican party? Did Republican party voted against every major Civil Rights Bill after the civil war? No... that would be Democrats.

We have today presidential candidates, race baiter whore Kamala Harris, and 1/1024 Native Elizabeth Warren, as listed in OP, along with some other representatives, trying to push for American taxpayers to pay for reparations because they blame whole America for slavery, when in reality, the blame is not on all American, but only on its certain part...

Well after the founding of our nation, well after the Declaration and Constitution, it was Democrats who supported slavery as institution, they supported segregation, and Jim Crow. So if anyone that suppose to pay for reparation, it should be them, the perpetrators. Democrats.

150 years of welfare,section 8,affirmative action etc is all the damn reparations they are getting.

If welfare is reparation to blacks for past outrages what outrages are white getting reparation for?
Having to deal with negro's. :)

And whose fault is it that you have to deal with them?

Personally I love dealing with them. I'm a HUGE Jazz fan.

Oscar-Peterson-Piano-300x202.jpg
john-coltrane-7910ca34-f223-4c84-9b8b-cacfd7617f79.jpg

art-blakey.jpg

97335427-612x612.jpg

charles-mingus.jpg

Forum List

Back