Biden taps reparations advocate for Treasury transition

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
As suspected Harris is president.

Buckle up Americans, first order of business, reparations.

As I've said over and over, "unintended consequences" indeed. How many will want answers about the 2020 election sooner rather than later?

Mehrsa Baradaran, a professor at the University of California, Irvine School of Law, is helping Biden prepare to "hit the ground running on Day One" as a member of his Department of the Treasury agency review team. Baradaran is an outspoken advocate of reparations for black Americans, both as a means of correcting "white supremacy" and closing the racial wealth gap.

Biden and Sen. Kamala Harris (D., Calif.) dodged questions about reparations throughout the 2020 cycle. Baradaran took note of their refusal to stake out a firm stance on the issue. "Dear Kamala, Reparations or go home," she wrote in June 2019. "Biden just dodged that reparations question like a much nimbler and younger man," she said in December 2019, referencing a Democratic primary debate.

In her 2017 book The Color of Money: Black Banks and the Racial Wealth Gap, Baradaran argues that closing the racial wealth gap requires acknowledging past wrongs and providing compensation for damages. "A reparations program could take many forms from simple cash payments or baby bonds to more complex schemes such as subsidized college tuition, basic income, housing vouchers, or subsidized mortgage credit," she writes. Baradaran's book inspired Netflix to donate $100 million to organizations that "support Black communities."

The president is not a King and cannot usurp the powers of the legislature and will not be able to dictate reparations. It's really a non-issue issue.

Not to diss you for being Canadian, but you have no clue what she's advocated.

adequately funding buying and selling property in urban areas is not new. Urban renewal came to be a bad name but it evolved into neighborhood revitalization, but that also has tended to price out lesser earners from their neighborhoods. She's examined how to create an infrastrucuture for jobs and turning kids into adult workers.

For me, she's advocating too much govt involvement in actual buying and selling. But just giving out tax credits like the gop proposed in the 80s doesn't work unless the schools work and unless there's actual clean water and infrascture that makes employers see a future. Then basically giving away abandoned property and making sure people have access to the money to fix them up makes some sense.

It's actually sort of the opposite of AOC not wanting Amazon.

Last edited:
The president is not a King and cannot usurp the powers of the legislature and will not be able to dictate reparations. It's really a non-issue issue.

She just wrote an entire book about it in 2017. If you think someones beliefs and ideals doesn't matter, than, just hire all the communists and tyrants you want, no need to vet them.

I'd put it at even money that some form of mass reparations is put forth, agreed to and paid for.

She just wrote an entire book about it in 2017. If you think someones beliefs and ideals doesn't matter, than, just hire all the communists and tyrants you want, no need to vet them.

I'd put it at even money that some form of mass reparations is put forth, agreed to and paid for.

Did you read the entire book? I'm sure you didn't, and this thread is nothing more than taunting Democrats and earning merit badges with the other trumpsters. Go suck a frozen hockey puck.

As suspected Harris is president.

Buckle up Americans, first order of business, reparations.

As I've said over and over, "unintended consequences" indeed. How many will want answers about the 2020 election sooner rather than later?

Mehrsa Baradaran, a professor at the University of California, Irvine School of Law, is helping Biden prepare to "hit the ground running on Day One" as a member of his Department of the Treasury agency review team. Baradaran is an outspoken advocate of reparations for black Americans, both as a means of correcting "white supremacy" and closing the racial wealth gap.

Biden and Sen. Kamala Harris (D., Calif.) dodged questions about reparations throughout the 2020 cycle. Baradaran took note of their refusal to stake out a firm stance on the issue. "Dear Kamala, Reparations or go home," she wrote in June 2019. "Biden just dodged that reparations question like a much nimbler and younger man," she said in December 2019, referencing a Democratic primary debate.

In her 2017 book The Color of Money: Black Banks and the Racial Wealth Gap, Baradaran argues that closing the racial wealth gap requires acknowledging past wrongs and providing compensation for damages. "A reparations program could take many forms from simple cash payments or baby bonds to more complex schemes such as subsidized college tuition, basic income, housing vouchers, or subsidized mortgage credit," she writes. Baradaran's book inspired Netflix to donate $100 million to organizations that "support Black communities."
Goodie. Nobody in my family got to the USA before 1910 and we are gonna pay for Black slavery before 1865. That sounds like Biden and Harris.

The Executive branch cannot make that decision on it's own. It will be blocked if they try.

The Executive branch cannot make that decision on it's own. It will be blocked if they try.
Correct. The Constitution says all appropriations bills must begin in the House of Representatives. The GOP controlled Senate won't pass it, either.

So what about my relatives that fought for the North and paid the ultimate price in defense of our country in the process? Show me the Green!
Why should I or my family pay twice?

Did you read the entire book? I'm sure you didn't, and this thread is nothing more than taunting Democrats and earning merit badges with the other trumpsters. Go suck a frozen hockey puck.

You are going to follow Canadas path to obscurity, abdicating your role as global leader, all because of the worst, least impressive among you interfering in your great system of a Republic.

We lose our best and brightest. At what point will your best scientists, innovators, programmers and mathematicians do the same?

Instead of being America. An Exceptional and unique nation, you followed "leaders" in the world, who were no longer leaders. They were rapidly declining powers.

When China took Hong Kong, it was just about after the same time that Trump demanded the G7 call out China for the Wuhan Virus. I know for sure that Trudeau refused to do so, so did Johnson in all likelihood.

China rewarded them by going into HK and violating their own agreement. You want to talk about power? Now THAT is power! It's like being robbed and after you hand over your wallet the criminal has the balls to make you walk to your home and open your safe.

Forum List

Back