Rep. Trent Franks (R-AZ) Expected To Resign From Congress

I don't think that this guy's resignation will be any great loss to the nation. I looked his background up. His credentials are not exactly superb; one year of college and some course given by an organization that calls itself the "Institute for Constitutional Education." And yet he wound up on the House Judiciary Committee and Armed Services Committee. He doesn't seem to be the brightest light on the porch.

`
`

Both the democrats and republicans are filled with the lowest common denominator of criminals including those who commit sexual assault. Neither side has the high moral ground.

5a29b0681e000027000c2af3.jpeg

Franks is a social conservative known for co-sponsoring anti-abortion legislation.

Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) is expected to resign from Congress, Roll Call and Politico reported Thursday.

Franks told Roll Call he would make an announcement later Thursday, but did not elaborate on what it would entail.

“The statement will explain,” he said.

Franks huddled with colleagues on the House floor late Thursday afternoon. Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.) had his arm wrapped around Franks, appearing to be consoling him.

According to Roll Call, rumors of inappropriate behavior circulated before Franks’ announcement.

The eight-term congressman is a social conservative and one of the most aggressive anti-abortion legislators in Congress. He has led the charge, year after year, to ban abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy nationwide and to limit abortion in the District of Columbia. Residents of D.C. protested his efforts in 2012 by lining up outside the Arizona congressman’s office with plastic rats and photos of pot holes, suggesting that he try to fix more pressing problems in the city than women having abortions.
Franks also caused an uproar in 2013 when he claimed during an abortion debate that the “incidence of rape resulting in pregnancy are very low,” defending his bill’s lack of an exception for rape and incest victims.

The congressman is notorious for comparing abortion to slavery and the Holocaust.

Trent Franks Expected To Resign From Congress

Arizona’s Trent Franks Expected to Resign

Rep. Trent Franks expected to resign

This makes my day! Another rabid anti-choice lunatic will be gone from Congress.

"Franks also caused an uproar in 2013 when he claimed during an abortion debate that the “incidence of rape resulting in pregnancy are very low,” defending his bill’s lack of an exception for rape and incest victims."

Let's deal with the so very overused idea of "cases of rape or incest."
The concept that there are "cases of rape or incest" is a chimera.
They really don't exist.....well, the fact is that 98.5% of abortion don't involve either abhorrent event.

The cases in which abortion is for rape, 1%; and .5% incest.
http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/psrh/full/3711005.pdf

Statistics vary, particularly with incest, which is very under reported:

Rape, pregnancy, statistics and the ignorance of some politicians

PLEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!

The reasons for abortion is nearly 100% for one purpose: convenience.

1. ...it may provide a level of comfort so very important to those without morality, principles, or the proper upbringing....
....what is the element that it provides?
Convenience....
.....The ability to carry on an 'if it feels good, do it' life style with no thought to who is hurt.

2. Convenience, as in having your groceries delivered rather than having to walk across the street to pick them up.....this level of effort in deciding to execute the child you've created.

In a study of 27 nations, reasons for abortion services were found to be the following:

a. “Worldwide, the most commonly reported reason women cite for having an abortion is to postpone or stop childbearing. The second most common reason—socioeconomic concerns—includes disruption of education or employment; lack of support from the father; desire to provide schooling for existing children; and poverty, unemployment or inability to afford additional children. In addition, relationship problems with a husband or partner and a woman's perception that she is too young constitute other important categories of reasons.” Reasons Why Women Have Induced Abortions: Evidence from 27 Countries

b. A 2004 study of American women yielded similar results: “The reasons most frequently cited were that having a child would interfere with a woman’s education, work or ability to care for dependents (74%); that she could not afford a baby now (73%); and that she did not want to be a single mother or was having relationship problems (48%). Nearly four in 10 women said they had completed their childbearing, and almost one-third were not ready to have a child. Fewer than 1% said their parents’ or partners’ desire for them to have an abortion was the most important reason. Younger women often reported that they were unprepared for the transition to motherhood, while older women regularly cited their responsibility to dependents.”
http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/psrh/full/3711005.pdf

["A study published in Guttmacher's International Family Planning Perspectives in 1998 said risk to a woman's health was the main reason for 2.8% of U.S. abortions in 1987-88."]

c. We must reject the view that inconvenience of a mother’s informed choice outweighs the unalienable right to life of the child she bears by virtue of that choice.

What rumors of inappropriate behavior? The way the post is written it seems that Franks anti abortion stance is the problem.

Franks had two.....,two.....conversations with staffers about their opinions on surrogacy.

That's it.

He didn't ask them to be surrogates for his wife and himself, although they were having trouble with conception....merely two 'uncomfortable' conversations.

Here are the details:

What does this statement mean:

"Due to my familiarity and experience with the process of surrogacy, I clearly became insensitive as to how the discussion of such an intensely personal topic might affect others.
"I have recently learned that the Ethics Committee is reviewing an inquiry regarding my discussion of surrogacy with two previous female subordinates, making each feel uncomfortable. I deeply regret that my discussion of this option and process in the workplace caused distress."

Franks and his wife have two children by surrogacy. He no doubt has very positive and strong feelings about the practice.

Men just have to watch their language around the ladies. When men are talking, women should leave the room lest they hear something they consider inappropriate.

So let's see...while looking for a surrogate mother for a hoped-for child, he approached two women who worked for him. The inquiries made them understandably uncomfortable. He asked a highly-personal favor of his employees, which he clearly should not have done. There was apparently no coercion or retaliation when they declined.

And rather than have the whole episode dragged through a media circus - as the Democrats in Congress and their fellow travelers in the MSM were sure to do - he just resigned. Been there long enough.

But because he has been consistently Pro-Life throughout his terms in Congress, the usual Leftist ass-holes are trying to make a case for him having done something outrageous, or even criminal.

You fucking people are slime.

What does this statement mean:

"Due to my familiarity and experience with the process of surrogacy, I clearly became insensitive as to how the discussion of such an intensely personal topic might affect others.
"I have recently learned that the Ethics Committee is reviewing an inquiry regarding my discussion of surrogacy with two previous female subordinates, making each feel uncomfortable. I deeply regret that my discussion of this option and process in the workplace caused distress."

Both this resignation and Franken's were basically excusing their wrong behavior. So much for people taking responsibility for their actions.

Franken's was longer and more of an apology, Franks just explained.

"I certainly don't remember the rehearsal for the skit in the same way, but I send my sincerest apologies to Leeann. As to the photo, it was clearly intended to be funny but wasn't. I shouldn't have done it."
Franken then issued this statement:
"The first thing I want to do is apologize: to Leeann, to everyone else who was part of that tour, to everyone who has worked for me, to everyone I represent, and to everyone who counts on me to be an ally and supporter and champion of women. There's more I want to say, but the first and most important thing—and if it's the only thing you care to hear, that's fine—is: I'm sorry.

"I respect women. I don't respect men who don't. And the fact that my own actions have given people a good reason to doubt that makes me feel ashamed.

"But I want to say something else, too. Over the last few months, all of us—including and especially men who respect women—have been forced to take a good, hard look at our own actions and think (perhaps, shamefully, for the first time) about how those actions have affected women.

"For instance, that picture. I don't know what was in my head when I took that picture, and it doesn't matter. There's no excuse. I look at it now and I feel disgusted with myself. It isn't funny. It's completely inappropriate. It's obvious how Leeann would feel violated by that picture. And, what's more, I can see how millions of other women would feel violated by it—women who have had similar experiences in their own lives, women who fear having those experiences, women who look up to me, women who have counted on me.

"Coming from the world of comedy, I've told and written a lot of jokes that I once thought were funny but later came to realize were just plain offensive. But the intentions behind my actions aren't the point at all. It's the impact these jokes had on others that matters. And I'm sorry it's taken me so long to come to terms with that.

"While I don't remember the rehearsal for the skit as Leeann does, I understand why we need to listen to and believe women's experiences.

"I am asking that an ethics investigation be undertaken, and I will gladly cooperate.

"And the truth is, what people think of me in light of this is far less important than what people think of women who continue to come forward to tell their stories. They deserve to be heard, and believed. And they deserve to know that I am their ally and supporter. I have let them down and am committed to making it up to them."

If Franks is resigning due to sexual misconduct, I doubt he will provide specifics in his press statement.

"I raped the Navy mascot goat in a drunken blackout."

Yeah, your quote would be a treat, but you are right, Trent was vague in the extreme. In fact, he propositioned two young girls (he's 60) to have his babies as "surrogates," as if, and they reported him in a timely way to the Ethics Committee and it turns out he has been rumored to be weird since at least 2012. It's so bad they threw him out the same afternoon Franken bailed!

Well, Trump said he would drain the swamp, but I must say I didn't have any idea what kind of monsters we would find in that swamp. This has been a surprise to me. And CNN is saying it's rumored there are 40 more to go! I wonder if that is true.

Since Blake Farenthold isn't resigning despite using taxpayer dollars to pay for his crimes, I have serious doubts Franks merely discussed the subject of surrogacy.

To talk about the subject of surrogacy is not sexual harassment.

Fox News is putting up a snow job.

'Rep. Trent Franks (R-AZ) Expected To Resign From Congress'

Another perv exposed and 'doing the honorable thing' by stepping down...after getting caught.

(Now it's 2 Republicans for every 10 liberals instead of just 1 ... :p)

"Given the nature of numerous allegations and reports across America in recent weeks, I want to first make one thing completely clear. I have absolutely never physically intimidated, coerced, or had, or attempted to have, any sexual contact with any member of my congressional staff," Franks said in a statement. "However, I do want to take full and personal responsibility for the ways I have broached a topic that, unbeknownst to me until very recently, made certain individuals uncomfortable. And so, I want to shed light on how those conversations came about."
Rep. Trent Franks To Resign From Congress After Asking Staffers About Surrogacy

See how they LIE? This creep didn't ask them ABOUT surrogacy -- he's trying to spin it as a legislative, abstract topic! He asked them to BE surrogate mothers for him to get babies on. I will say this is a new low in perversion in my experience --- I never heard of that one!

Forum List

Back