Rep. Trent Franks (R-AZ) Expected To Resign From Congress

Discussions of "sexual surrogacy" with young, female staffers would fit the bill:\\Rep. Trent Franks to resign after discussing surrogacy with female staffers
Arizona Rep. Trent Franks, R-Ariz., became the third member of Congress to resign this week, saying that he had approached two female subordinates about being a surrogate for his child.

"Given the nature of numerous allegations and reports across America in recent weeks, I want to first make one thing completely clear. I have absolutely never physically intimidated, coerced, or had, or attempted to have, any sexual contact with any member of my congressional staff," Franks said in a statement. "However, I do want to take full and personal responsibility for the ways I have broached a topic that, unbeknownst to me until very recently, made certain individuals uncomfortable. And so, I want to shed light on how those conversations came about."
Rep. Trent Franks To Resign From Congress After Asking Staffers About Surrogacy

Lol! Come now. We know that ain’t the real story .

I’m guessing he wanted to impregnate them the old fashion way!
Either way, they did not wish to discuss his use of them to make him a father.

That is covered by his right to privacy, his choice of staffers to try and persuade is not.

3. Trent Franks (R-Arizona): You Say "Tomato," He Says "Abortion"

Arizona Congressman Trent Franks is the John Coltrane of Congress. He's managed to spend the past decade in Washington playing but one note: an extreme take on abortion.

He may be the country's most irrelevant congressman, passing exactly zero of the 45 bills he's sponsored. Few have been taken seriously enough to even merit a vote.

As Frank sees it, his job isn't to move America forward. It's to talk, talk, and talk some more about abortion.

"Abortion has been his one and only issue," says Arizona Democratic Party spokesman Frank Camacho. "That's his main claim to fame."

This proved true during a recent House debate on fiscal policy, when Illinois Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. — who recently pleaded guilty to blowing $750,000 in campaign contributions on his wife and himself — asked whether anyone could explain a balanced-budget amendment. Franks eagerly offered his assistance. "I'll give it a shot," he said.

He then proceeded to talk for three minutes about — what else? — abortion. And Nazis.

Franks has called Obama the "abortion president," and once claimed that abortion laws were more devastating to blacks than slavery.

But his zealotry hasn't been particularly effective. Unable to pass national legislation, he lowered his sights to the capital city, pushing a law that would ban women in Washington, D.C., from having an abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy.

When D.C. residents objected in a novel way — by lining up outside Franks' office and asking the Arizona legislator they sarcastically called "mayor" to fix potholes — Franks clumsily sidestepped. "District of Columbia is not the issue," he said. "It's the pain of the child."

The protesters, however, had little to fear. The bill soon died on the House floor. Like everything else Franks does, it was merely one more piece of amateur theater in an ongoing show with no end.

Trent Franks Makes List of the 10 Weirdest Members of Congress

Wow, what a weirdo!

5A8106C9-C678-4807-B19D-2A1D8004DF60.png
He did pursue adoption. He wrote a letter of what they had gone through years ago.

https://www.malereproduction.com/testimonials/trent-franks-letter.pdf

Why then approach private surrogates that were staffers? He knew the procedure to legally adopt.

There has to be more to it than this.

He is resigning because he asked staffers if they would be surrogates and made them uncomfortable.

That's it?

Really?

There has to be more

5a29b0681e000027000c2af3.jpeg

Franks is a social conservative known for co-sponsoring anti-abortion legislation.

Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) is expected to resign from Congress, Roll Call and Politico reported Thursday.

Franks told Roll Call he would make an announcement later Thursday, but did not elaborate on what it would entail.

“The statement will explain,” he said.

Franks huddled with colleagues on the House floor late Thursday afternoon. Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.) had his arm wrapped around Franks, appearing to be consoling him.

According to Roll Call, rumors of inappropriate behavior circulated before Franks’ announcement.

The eight-term congressman is a social conservative and one of the most aggressive anti-abortion legislators in Congress. He has led the charge, year after year, to ban abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy nationwide and to limit abortion in the District of Columbia. Residents of D.C. protested his efforts in 2012 by lining up outside the Arizona congressman’s office with plastic rats and photos of pot holes, suggesting that he try to fix more pressing problems in the city than women having abortions.

Franks also caused an uproar in 2013 when he claimed during an abortion debate that the “incidence of rape resulting in pregnancy are very low,” defending his bill’s lack of an exception for rape and incest victims.

The congressman is notorious for comparing abortion to slavery and the Holocaust.

Trent Franks Expected To Resign From Congress

Arizona’s Trent Franks Expected to Resign

Rep. Trent Franks expected to resign

This makes my day! Another rabid anti-choice lunatic will be gone from Congress.

Just think, you might be able to kill a few more million babies.

Good to see that both parties are finally policing their own.

Trent Franks, Arizona Republican, to resign after sexual harassment claim - CNNPolitics

Arizona Republican Rep. Trent Franks announced in a statement Thursday night he will resign from Congress at the end of January, after the House Ethics Committee said it would investigate allegations against him of sexual harassment.

The House Ethics Committee announced earlier Thursday that it will investigate Franks to determine if he engaged in "conduct that constitutes sexual harassment and/or retaliation for opposing sexual harassment."

In his statement, Franks acknowledged he made staffers "uncomfortable" and that he discussed fertility issues and surrogacy with two female staffers, but denied having ever "physically intimidated, coerced, or had, or attempted to have, any sexual contact with any member of my congressional staff."

I agree both parties should police their own...but not so fast. The difference between holding people accountable for their behavior and a witch hunt is that the latter does not know (or care) when to stop. If you read the story (and just going off what is reported), he basically had a candid discussion about surrogacy with two staffers. He was sharing a personal experience. I even read that he just asked them if they would be willing to be a surrogate in general not specifically asking if they would personally have his baby. Uncomfortable and awkward...YES! But now we've blown right passed the actual definitions of sexual assault/harassment into the insane liberal space where individual feelings rule the world. Everyone beware if the new norm is to take down anyone who says anything that makes someone uncomfortable.

Seriously...let this sink in...he made staffers "uncomfortable". That is called "life" people and none of us have a right to live without someone else making us feel "uncomfortable". If only the world was a "safe space" built just for our own fragile egos.

Good to see that both parties are finally policing their own.

Trent Franks, Arizona Republican, to resign after sexual harassment claim - CNNPolitics

Arizona Republican Rep. Trent Franks announced in a statement Thursday night he will resign from Congress at the end of January, after the House Ethics Committee said it would investigate allegations against him of sexual harassment.

The House Ethics Committee announced earlier Thursday that it will investigate Franks to determine if he engaged in "conduct that constitutes sexual harassment and/or retaliation for opposing sexual harassment."

In his statement, Franks acknowledged he made staffers "uncomfortable" and that he discussed fertility issues and surrogacy with two female staffers, but denied having ever "physically intimidated, coerced, or had, or attempted to have, any sexual contact with any member of my congressional staff."

buh bye

buh bye, Alexanderful

You don't get to make staff feel uncomfortable on non work related stuff

That's not part of your managerial remit

Forum List

Back