Rep. Trent Franks (R-AZ) Expected To Resign From Congress

There is no Witch Hunt (your term).

This a societal fact in our American culture. My opinion is that it is far worse in Europe and South America.

The chickens have come home to roost.

This a societal fact in our American culture. My opinion is that it is far worse in Europe and South America.

No the chickens are just becoming dinner for the political tribal warriors. AND the tabloid American media.

There's no justice or clarity on ANY of these 30 or so "scandals". Wasn't justice on the 4 or 5 women that accused Billy Jeff either. Want to BLAME SOMETHING? THAT was the precedent for reporting sexual assaults.

Women coming forward were just what you got "When you drag a $100 bill through a trailer park".. AHHH -- the good old days of kids listening to the details of what IS and what IS NOT "sexual relations"...

No the chickens are just becoming dinner for the political tribal warriors. AND the tabloid American media.

There's no justice or clarity on ANY of these 30 or so "scandals". Wasn't justice on the 4 or 5 women that accused Billy Jeff either. Want to BLAME SOMETHING? THAT was the precedent for reporting sexual assaults.

Women coming forward were just what you got "When you drag a $100 bill through a trailer park".. AHHH -- the good old days of kids listening to the details of what IS and what IS NOT "sexual relations"...

Why do you hate women?

Why do you hate women?

It's just that there's NOT ENOUGH of them for my tastes. :mm: Why do YOU hate women?

Why do you hate women?

It's just that there's NOT ENOUGH of them for my tastes. :mm: Why do YOU hate women?

BTW, not all women live in "trailer parks". And not all of them are that desperate for a "$100 bill".

Why do you hate women?

BTW, not all women live in "trailer parks". And not all of them are that desperate for a "$100 bill".

Well certainly the ones that accuse Billy Jeff DO live in trailer parks according to his political adviser and campaign mgr.. And would take the $100 bill and go blow it at the Dollar Store. :rolleyes: According to THAT Dem Admin...

Franken's was longer and more of an apology, Franks just explained.

"I certainly don't remember the rehearsal for the skit in the same way, but I send my sincerest apologies to Leeann. As to the photo, it was clearly intended to be funny but wasn't. I shouldn't have done it."
Franken then issued this statement:
"The first thing I want to do is apologize: to Leeann, to everyone else who was part of that tour, to everyone who has worked for me, to everyone I represent, and to everyone who counts on me to be an ally and supporter and champion of women. There's more I want to say, but the first and most important thing—and if it's the only thing you care to hear, that's fine—is: I'm sorry.

"I respect women. I don't respect men who don't. And the fact that my own actions have given people a good reason to doubt that makes me feel ashamed.

"But I want to say something else, too. Over the last few months, all of us—including and especially men who respect women—have been forced to take a good, hard look at our own actions and think (perhaps, shamefully, for the first time) about how those actions have affected women.

"For instance, that picture. I don't know what was in my head when I took that picture, and it doesn't matter. There's no excuse. I look at it now and I feel disgusted with myself. It isn't funny. It's completely inappropriate. It's obvious how Leeann would feel violated by that picture. And, what's more, I can see how millions of other women would feel violated by it—women who have had similar experiences in their own lives, women who fear having those experiences, women who look up to me, women who have counted on me.

"Coming from the world of comedy, I've told and written a lot of jokes that I once thought were funny but later came to realize were just plain offensive. But the intentions behind my actions aren't the point at all. It's the impact these jokes had on others that matters. And I'm sorry it's taken me so long to come to terms with that.

"While I don't remember the rehearsal for the skit as Leeann does, I understand why we need to listen to and believe women's experiences.

"I am asking that an ethics investigation be undertaken, and I will gladly cooperate.

"And the truth is, what people think of me in light of this is far less important than what people think of women who continue to come forward to tell their stories. They deserve to be heard, and believed. And they deserve to know that I am their ally and supporter. I have let them down and am committed to making it up to them."

In his resignation speech he attacked Republicans and played the look at what they do BS. So, I am not buying his self serving apology. He, like Franks got caught and apologized.

Had they both been sincere, they would have apologized long before it came out and in the case of Conyers, long before he had to payout.
Franken's was longer and more of an apology, Franks just explained.

"I certainly don't remember the rehearsal for the skit in the same way, but I send my sincerest apologies to Leeann. As to the photo, it was clearly intended to be funny but wasn't. I shouldn't have done it."
Franken then issued this statement:
"The first thing I want to do is apologize: to Leeann, to everyone else who was part of that tour, to everyone who has worked for me, to everyone I represent, and to everyone who counts on me to be an ally and supporter and champion of women. There's more I want to say, but the first and most important thing—and if it's the only thing you care to hear, that's fine—is: I'm sorry.

"I respect women. I don't respect men who don't. And the fact that my own actions have given people a good reason to doubt that makes me feel ashamed.

"But I want to say something else, too. Over the last few months, all of us—including and especially men who respect women—have been forced to take a good, hard look at our own actions and think (perhaps, shamefully, for the first time) about how those actions have affected women.

"For instance, that picture. I don't know what was in my head when I took that picture, and it doesn't matter. There's no excuse. I look at it now and I feel disgusted with myself. It isn't funny. It's completely inappropriate. It's obvious how Leeann would feel violated by that picture. And, what's more, I can see how millions of other women would feel violated by it—women who have had similar experiences in their own lives, women who fear having those experiences, women who look up to me, women who have counted on me.

"Coming from the world of comedy, I've told and written a lot of jokes that I once thought were funny but later came to realize were just plain offensive. But the intentions behind my actions aren't the point at all. It's the impact these jokes had on others that matters. And I'm sorry it's taken me so long to come to terms with that.

"While I don't remember the rehearsal for the skit as Leeann does, I understand why we need to listen to and believe women's experiences.

"I am asking that an ethics investigation be undertaken, and I will gladly cooperate.

"And the truth is, what people think of me in light of this is far less important than what people think of women who continue to come forward to tell their stories. They deserve to be heard, and believed. And they deserve to know that I am their ally and supporter. I have let them down and am committed to making it up to them."

In his resignation speech he attacked Republicans and played the look at what they do BS. So, I am not buying his self serving apology. He, like Franks got caught and apologized.

Had they both been sincere, they would have apologized long before it came out and in the case of Conyers, long before he had to payout.

He mentioned Moore and Trump, both have been accused, both deny, and ignore.

It is how he phrased it, neither Trump nor Moore have been proven to have done anything. He didn't need to mention it and he used it to deflect from his issues.

He mentioned Moore and Trump, both have been accused, both deny, and ignore.

Boy, that Roy Moore is sure looking a lot better to me after this Trent Franks thing.
Really?

Roy Moore misses the days of slavery.

Roy Moore thinks women should not be allowed to run for office, and that you should not ever vote for a woman.

Roy Moore molested a kid.

And a guy who proposed surrogacy to two women makes Moore look good by your lights?!?

WOW!!!!

Again, you have provided no proof about Moore molesting anyone, you just keep accusing and you have failed over and over.

That is honorable, by Franks.

Now if Moore would stop listening to the Papas and do the honorable thing.

5a29b0681e000027000c2af3.jpeg

Franks is a social conservative known for co-sponsoring anti-abortion legislation.

Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) is expected to resign from Congress, Roll Call and Politico reported Thursday.

Franks told Roll Call he would make an announcement later Thursday, but did not elaborate on what it would entail.

“The statement will explain,” he said.

Franks huddled with colleagues on the House floor late Thursday afternoon. Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.) had his arm wrapped around Franks, appearing to be consoling him.

According to Roll Call, rumors of inappropriate behavior circulated before Franks’ announcement.

The eight-term congressman is a social conservative and one of the most aggressive anti-abortion legislators in Congress. He has led the charge, year after year, to ban abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy nationwide and to limit abortion in the District of Columbia. Residents of D.C. protested his efforts in 2012 by lining up outside the Arizona congressman’s office with plastic rats and photos of pot holes, suggesting that he try to fix more pressing problems in the city than women having abortions.

Franks also caused an uproar in 2013 when he claimed during an abortion debate that the “incidence of rape resulting in pregnancy are very low,” defending his bill’s lack of an exception for rape and incest victims.

The congressman is notorious for comparing abortion to slavery and the Holocaust.

Trent Franks Expected To Resign From Congress

Arizona’s Trent Franks Expected to Resign

Rep. Trent Franks expected to resign

This makes my day! Another rabid anti-choice lunatic will be gone from Congress.

If there is proof he needs to go. Just like Franken and Conyers.

and Trump...

Sad little person....locker room talk....nope. :( Conyers had multiple payoffs at taxpayer expense of his sexual perversions. Franken has photo evidence.

There is zero evidence regarding Trump unless you have something? :lol:

Yep....you got nothing :D

Franks is a social conservative known for co-sponsoring anti-abortion legislation.

Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) is expected to resign from Congress, Roll Call and Politico reported Thursday.

Franks told Roll Call he would make an announcement later Thursday, but did not elaborate on what it would entail.

Franks huddled with colleagues on the House floor late Thursday afternoon. Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.) had his arm wrapped around Franks, appearing to be consoling him.

According to Roll Call, rumors of inappropriate behavior circulated before Franks’ announcement.

The eight-term congressman is a social conservative and one of the most aggressive anti-abortion legislators in Congress. He has led the charge, year after year, to ban abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy nationwide and to limit abortion in the District of Columbia. Residents of D.C. protested his efforts in 2012 by lining up outside the Arizona congressman’s office with plastic rats and photos of pot holes, suggesting that he try to fix more pressing problems in the city than women having abortions.

Franks also caused an uproar in 2013 when he claimed during an abortion debate that the “incidence of rape resulting in pregnancy are very low,” defending his bill’s lack of an exception for rape and incest victims.

The congressman is notorious for comparing abortion to slavery and the Holocaust.

This makes my day! Another rabid anti-choice lunatic will be gone from Congress.
Joe Arpaio needs to fill that position.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio ‘Seriously, Seriously’ Considering Senate Run

“After discussing options with my family, we came to the conclusion that the best thing for our family now would be for me to tender my previous resignation effective today, December 8th, 2017,” he said.

Trent Franks Resigns, Had Allegedly Offered Aide $5 Million To Carry His Child

He's GONE!!!!! Effective TODAY!!!!!
Allegedly. Meaning "We're lying again". Surrogate mothers are up for hire, they certainly don't cost 5 million dollars and are usually black or hispanic. Since they have no biological connection to the child, it doesn't matter who the incubators are.

....why doesn't he adopt children. He already has two with his wife, Josephine. Why does he want to knock up other women?

Why......why does he want to knock up other women? You are asking why a 60-year-old member of Congress wants to knock up his young female staffers? Or anyone else he can catch?

I can't imagine, but it seems to be a very, very common want in Congress.

Ohhhh so you don't know what surrogacy is either! That's probably what happened, these women had no idea what surrogacy was and let their imaginations run wild.

Who cares what this guy did, or didn't do? 8 terms!? Get the fuck out! Holy shit! Parties aside... Career politicians are most of the reason this country got so fucked up...

Is there anyone on this board who couldn't get laid for $5 million?

Beside you, is there anyone on this board who thinks that surrogacy has ANYTHING to do with getting laid?

Speak up. We know that two women in Franks' staff are that stupid. We know that Lakhota is that ignorant. Is there anyone else? Speak up. Don't hide.

And Trump should likewise resign.

Forum List

Back