Rent Control is a fascist concept, so why do liberals support it?

[QUOTE="OnePercenter, post: 22947281, member: 43400"
Prove me wrong.

You're arguing with yourself. Every nation has varying degrees of freedom in the market place. I provided a link which ranked the degree of economic freedoms by nations from around the world.

Nobody claims that there is a market anywhere in the world that is 100% "free" of government regulations. The bottom line is that nations with a more "free" economy typically do better than those that impose many regulations.

You've proven my point. There is NO FREE MARKET. Thanks!

You've proven my point. There is NO FREE MARKET. Thanks!

Like I said, you were arguing with yourself. There are varying degrees of freedom in the market. North Korea = no freedom. Hong Kong = significant freedom. Generally speaking, the more freedom = more prosperity.

So you're pro price gouging?

If you don't like your rent, move.

Can you post your source for "Federal tax rate on Nevada corporations"?
Some moron claims they allow him to pay single digit Federal corporate tax rates.
I bet you can prove him wrong.

What if you can't afford to move?

FYI; All wealthy persons and US corporations have a single digit tax liability. Even less now due to tRump.

Get a roommate.

All wealthy persons and US corporations have a single digit tax liability.

You're full of shit.

Any link on that Nevada Corp. info? DURR.

Get a roommate.

And if you have a studio or one bedroom, where does the roommate sleep?

If you can't afford a studio, move into a one-bedroom with your roommate.

Still no Nevada Corp. info?

And if you have a studio or one bedroom, where does the roommate sleep?

Nevada has no corporate tax.

Nevada has no corporate tax.

And why do you feel a Nevada Corporation would save you on your Federal corporate taxes again?

Something forcing you to stay?
Terms of your parole maybe?

Must be a longggggg string of poor life choices if you can't afford to move to a cheaper place.

Moving expenses, deposits plus first and last is a hefty cost.

I guess you should have stayed in your Mom's basement.

Bloviating. Try again.

Moving expenses, deposits plus first and last is a hefty cost.

Waaah

I have a problem with all greed. Greed is bad.

I agree that greed is bad. However, so-called "greedy" people often drive themselves to be successful and then hire others and make them productive and financially successful. So, in that respect, greed is "good".

The bigger question is, why should you get to decide how much money I'm permitted to make? Shouldn't I be free to be as successful and rich as I want to be? Shouldn't free people be free to get rich, if they can?

Figuratively, you're talking out both sides of you mouth at once. Is greed good or bad? There can only be one answer.

All regulation is caused by someone somewhere fucked-up or fucked-over somebody.

Rent Control is a fascist concept, so why do liberals support it?
Liberals, why do you support rent controls?

— “Fuck you, I’m pregnant! I have babies! I nerd an abortion! Back to the end of the housing wait list, dude!”

Too many libtard fuckers have the time & money for that Section 8 crack-whore housing visitation deal.

Is greed good or bad? There can only be one answer.

In your mind, someone should be ambitious and work themselves to death and then give their wealth away, correct? I doubt that you do that. Do you even work? If you do, do you keep just enough to pay for the bare necessities and then give the rest away? If not, why not? Are you greedy?

You're like most leftists. You don't have a problem with wealth; you have a problem with their wealth.

...the government is directly or indirectly responsible for the vast majority of new inventions.

That's not accurate. Besides, whatever the government "innovates" costs ten times more than what it costs in the private sector. You probably work in government or a university.

Please supply a list of inventions that were developed totally with private funds.

Who determines fair market value?

Fair market value is determined by the buyer who is willing and VOLUNTARILY agrees to pay the seller's asking price.

Who do you believe should determine the "fair market value", the government? You?

The "fair market value" differs from one seller to another? Then which is the true value?

The "fair market value" differs from one seller to another? Then which is the true value?

You're free to shop around and take the best offer you see.

Who determines demand?

The market. Free people choose where they want to live and work and that determines the level of demand. Therefore, municipalities have an incentive to provide a quality community and employers are motivated to offer good pay and good benefits in order to attract people. When they're successful, a LOT of people want to live/work there and the demand drives up the cost of and value of housing and real estate.

The market is fixed.

Because it gives an incentive for the market to provide goods that are scarce. I'll give an example.

After Hurricane Katrina, generators were no-where to be found in Louisiana and neighboring states. A guy in Florida thought he could help while also making a profit for himself. He went to his local hardware store and bought 20 generators. He packed them into his truck and made the drive to New Orleans. Once there, he started selling them at a significant mark-up over what they would normally cost. People were more than willing to pay the price and bought them. Unfortunately, he was soon shut down and arrested for price gouging.

If it weren't illegal, perhaps even MORE people would have loaded their vehicles with hard-to-find items and driven to New Orleans to sell them. But the government says it's illegal and, therefore, the market is unable to fill the need.

That's what you sign-up for when you become a residential landlord because someone fucked-over renters before you, which is the birthplace of all regulation.

And that's what causes more people to say "fuck this" to building rental units and instead build condos or co-ops.

Or convert their existing rental units to condos or Co-ops.

It also causes people like me who don't have a rent controlled apartment to pay more.

Rent control is simply a way of buying votes, and creating patronage jobs.

Despite rent control, there are 48.5 million rental units in the US.

Your rent continues to go up due to greed.

So wanting fair market value for your property is greed?

How about you work for less than your salary?

The market, you silly twat.

No, the sellers.

No, the sellers.

No, the buyers because they're the ones that have to be willing to pay it. When property appraisers appraise a home, they look at what similar properties in the area sold for, NOT what the seller's original asking price was.

Forum List

Back