Renewable Energy Replacing Obsolete Fossil Fuels

Renewables = 98% Of New US Electricity Generation Capacity In June
July 28th, 2015 by Zachary Shahan

Renewables 98 Of New US Electricity Generation Capacity In June CleanTechnica

Adding rooftop solar electricity generation capacity to FERC’s monthly report on new electricity generation capacity, here’s CleanTechnica‘s latest update on new US electricity generation capacity.

For the month of June, the story is that 44% of new capacity came from wind power, 41.5% came from solar power, 13% came from biomass, and 2% came from natural gas.

For January through June, the renewable share drops a bit. All renewables came to 78.4%, with almost all of that from solar and wind (75% of the total). Natural gas jumped up to 21.4%.

Of course, the story gets a lot worse when you look at total electricity generation capacity. Solar and wind together come to 7.6%, and all renewables come to 18%. Still, it was nice to see that more coal capacity was retired in June and some oil capacity was also retired. According to my calculations, coal capacity is actually down to 26.6%

Fucking amazing! Go stick this in your pipe in smoke it all you that question it.

OK I smoked it.. And what I found was that it's really disturbing that NO ONE apparently is building ANY new REAL generation capacity for the grid. You'll understand when the lights start browning out at night..

Adding rooftop solar electricity generation capacity to FERC’s monthly report on new electricity generation capacity, here’s CleanTechnica‘s latest update on new US electricity generation capacity.

For the month of June, the story is that 44% of new capacity came from wind power, 41.5% came from solar power, 13% came from biomass, and 2% came from natural gas.

For January through June, the renewable share drops a bit. All renewables came to 78.4%, with almost all of that from solar and wind (75% of the total). Natural gas jumped up to 21.4%.

Of course, the story gets a lot worse when you look at total electricity generation capacity. Solar and wind together come to 7.6%, and all renewables come to 18%. Still, it was nice to see that more coal capacity was retired in June and some oil capacity was also retired. According to my calculations, coal capacity is actually down to 26.6%

Fucking amazing! Go stick this in your pipe in smoke it all you that question it.

OK I smoked it.. And what I found was that it's really disturbing that NO ONE apparently is building ANY new REAL generation capacity for the grid. You'll understand when the lights start browning out at night..

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!

Too bad it's not true! All those renewable resources are there, they just don't work. Out by Palm Springs there are acres of wind turbines. Just sitting. They don't work. They haven't worked for years. They kill birds, so they just sit.

The solar panels on my property AND boat in Coronado, Ca (San Diego) are working GREAT! The house is 10,000 sq/ft. The most current electric bill is $68.00.

As I've stated MANY times before. Were going after alternative the wrong way, It should be at the SOURCE, not the delivery.

Here's an interesting tidbit. Nevada Energy is taking 120 days or MORE to put new solar online. Online; Five minutes to install a meter. Gee, I wonder what Nevada Energy is afraid of? Of course, the Republican appointed PUC has been helpful <sarcasm>

Windmills kill birds? What's wrong, the NRA not getting credit for selling AMMO?

No one believes you have a 10,000 sq ft house in Sand Diego.

Too bad it's not true! All those renewable resources are there, they just don't work. Out by Palm Springs there are acres of wind turbines. Just sitting. They don't work. They haven't worked for years. They kill birds, so they just sit.

The solar panels on my property AND boat in Coronado, Ca (San Diego) are working GREAT! The house is 10,000 sq/ft. The most current electric bill is $68.00.

As I've stated MANY times before. Were going after alternative the wrong way, It should be at the SOURCE, not the delivery.

Here's an interesting tidbit. Nevada Energy is taking 120 days or MORE to put new solar online. Online; Five minutes to install a meter. Gee, I wonder what Nevada Energy is afraid of? Of course, the Republican appointed PUC has been helpful <sarcasm>

Windmills kill birds? What's wrong, the NRA not getting credit for selling AMMO?

No one believes you have a 10,000 sq ft house in Sand Diego.
Again, they have no morals. Lie after lie and they don't care!

Again, you have no morals. Baseless accusation to anyone who presents facts that don't agree with your prejudices. Alternative energy is taking an increasing share of the world's energy pie. There's simply no denying it. You people are a tiny minority. The bulk of the world understands that we need to move away from petroleum for a number of reasons and they are doing so. You can keep saying no till you're blue in the face, but its not going to change reality.

Coal is dead as a future source of energy, and petroleum in the not so distant future will mainly an industrial feedstock. And the investments in fossil fuels will take a drubbing.

Again, you have no morals. Baseless accusation to anyone who presents facts that don't agree with your prejudices. Alternative energy is taking an increasing share of the world's energy pie. There's simply no denying it. You people are a tiny minority. The bulk of the world understands that we need to move away from petroleum for a number of reasons and they are doing so. You can keep saying no till you're blue in the face, but its not going to change reality.
My prejudices and you call people who don't agree with you 'deniers ' classlessness to the max. BTW, facts mean evidence which to date has not been produced.

What renewable has been put on the national grid and actually replaced coal? Yet, post up coal is dead, again no evidence.

My prejudices and you call people who don't agree with you 'deniers ' classlessness to the max. BTW, facts mean evidence which to date has not been produced.

What renewable has been put on the national grid and actually replaced coal? Yet, post up coal is dead, again no evidence.

China is installing tens of gw of wind and solar every year! They're starting to drop the rate of increase of their emissions!!!!
India has just pledged a couple of hundred thousand gw of solar and wind during the next couple of decades. They will be reducing their emissions!
America has want from 40% coal use to 26% this year as we replace it with sources of energy that cause less co2!

It is very unlikely we follow business as usual during the next couple of decades because you have lost!

wind mills kill birds, bats, and insects... Native Americans used to kill eagles for their belief rituals. Now they are prosecuted and jailed while big wind is given a pass to the point of killing the species... You fucking idiots cry about hunters who use the birds as food while you indiscriminately destroy species when its convenient for your agenda..

You guys are nothing more than eco-fascists.

Wind and solar make up the vast majority of all new energy installed. Coal is dead!!!
Hahahaha, why's Germany looking for coal again?

Can you post this news of Germany going back to Coal this year?
26 new coal fired plants to finish and go online this month and 32 more to start construction next year...

Looks to me like Germany jumped off the fools train before the train wreck..

Last edited:

I'm more worried about winter when heating stresses the grid and it fails in the northern states... going to be lots off dead elderly and very young when this thing hits hard..

Wind and solar make up the vast majority of all new energy installed. Coal is dead!!!
Hahahaha, why's Germany looking for coal again?

Can you post this news of Germany going back to Coal this year?
Link: Germany s New Coal Plants Push Power Glut to 4-Year High - Bloomberg Business

credit: Bloomberg business.

extract:
"June 27 (Bloomberg) -- Germany is headed for its biggest electricity glut since 2011 as new coal-fired plants start and generation of wind and solar energy increases, weighing on power prices that have already dropped for three years.

Utilities from RWE AG to EON SE are poised to bring units online from December that can supply 8.2 million homes, 20 percent of the nation’s total, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. That will increase spare capacity in Europe’s biggest power market to 17 percent of peak demand, say the four companies that operate the nation’s high-voltage grids. The benchmark German electricity contract has slumped 36 percent since the end of 2010."

This is going to leave a mark...

European Renewable Energy performance for 2014 falls far short of claims

"This has provided a nameplate electrical generating capacity of about 216 Gigawatts, nominally about ~22% of the total European generation needs of about 1000 Gigawatts.

The actual measured output by 2014 from data supplied by the Renewables Industry has been 38 Gigawatts or 3.8% of Europe’s electricity requirement, at a capacity factor of ~18% overall. "

For all of the trillions spent on eviro-wack shit the return on investment crashed and burned... WInter time is less than 14% and summer about 24 % .. just 3.8% of Europeans needs and spiratically unreliable.

What is the source of your text Billy?

How do you average 14% and 24% and come up with 3.8%?

What was your creation "spiratically" supposed to mean?

Forum List

Back