Reminder: Shutdown Started December 22 When GOP Controlled Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much of the American public seems to have forgotten that the government shutdown started on December 22 when Republicans controlled both houses of Congress and Paul Ryan was Speaker of the House. In fact, Rep. Nancy Pelosi had absolutely nothing to do with the initial shutdown, since at the time she only spoke for the Democratic minority in the House of Representatives.

Federal Shutdown Started When GOP Controlled Both Houses of Congress

And?

By the way, you opened the same thread twice. Desperate for attention?

Why don't the democrats just provide the relative pittance needed for border security and end all this fighting?

What are they afraid of? The country will be better off and more secure?
Its no longer about the wall you idiot, its about a man child who will if given his way, once again use Trump peanuts ie his supporters and shut the gov down at will. YOU CAN NOT BARGAIN WITH TRUMP, HE'S TOO UNPREDICTABLE AND STUPID

Why don't the democrats just provide the relative pittance needed for border security and end all this fighting?

Its no longer about the wall you idiot, its about a man child who will if given his way, once again use Trump peanuts ie his supporters and shut the gov down at will. YOU CAN NOT BARGAIN WITH TRUMP, HE'S TOO UNPREDICTABLE AND STUPID

Whatever makes you happy...

Well it should be about the wall, you idiot. The democrats can end the shutdown tomorrow and increase security along the border all in on fell swoop if it weren't for angry mentally disturbed clowns like yourself. Take your unreasoning anger and go to hell.

Depends on what border security you are talking about. The country in the last ten years has had record breaking low numbers of illegal immigration. Immigration strategies are already working. So no one is afraid of anything, and no one knows what you are talking about?
And by "no one" you mean yourself and your ideological twins. Right?
Of course that's right.
And that is supposed to be a counter argument to mine? "Ideological twins? Lol! Damn you're weak.

Meh

Most people dont give a wit about the shutdown. Doesnt effect them at all. Doy
The Devil and you have a lot in common.

Hey what can I say? Progressives heads explode at the beck and call of the media at every turn.

Meanwhile, the same progressives dont give a rat's ass about the growing homeless population in large US cities due to liberal public policies.

Yep.....clearly I'm the devil here!:113:
You were the one who said "people don't give a wit about the shutdown". So why would you care if Liberals don't care about the homeless then? You are contradicting your own message. You make no sense.

Well it should be about the wall, you idiot. The democrats can end the shutdown tomorrow and increase security along the border all in on fell swoop if it weren't for angry mentally disturbed clowns like yourself. Take your unreasoning anger and go to hell.
Why should it be about the wall, when you were already schooled on low immigration numbers because of Obama and Trump?

Because illegal immigration is at historic lows. Is there something you can counter that with?

Much of the American public seems to have forgotten that the government shutdown started on December 22 when Republicans controlled both houses of Congress and Paul Ryan was Speaker of the House. In fact, Rep. Nancy Pelosi had absolutely nothing to do with the initial shutdown, since at the time she only spoke for the Democratic minority in the House of Representatives.

Federal Shutdown Started When GOP Controlled Both Houses of Congress
And it will likely go on longer than it should because Democrats now control the House. I foresee a lot of screaming, crying, pants pissing, breath holding and general childish temper tantrums coming from the left until everyone else gives into their bullshit.
Exactly what bs? Trump declared the shutdown was on him.; Proud to own it. So why is this the Democrats bs?

Because illegal immigration is at historic lows. Is there something you can counter that with?
Yes, there is. Even if illegal immigration is at "historic lows" (and I don't see how anyone can quantify this since by it's nature illegal immigration is not a matter that can be accurately measured) there are other aspects to border security like drug trafficking, human trafficking, communicable disease control, gangs, other felons and OTM's going in and out of the country seemingly at will. Etc.
Thanks for the opportunity to clear this up.

Yes, there is. Even if illegal immigration is at "historic lows" (and I don't see how anyone can quantify this since by it's nature illegal immigration is not a matter that can be accurately measured) there are other aspects to border security like drug trafficking, human trafficking, communicable disease control, gangs, other felons and OTM's going in and out of the country seemingly at will. Etc.
Thanks for the opportunity to clear this up.
But those things you mention come through the points of entry. Those problems aren't really solved by a 2000 mile concrete wall. Color me with a great counter argument to show me how I am wrong?

But those things you mention come through the points of entry. Those problems aren't really solved by a 2000 mile concrete wall. Color me with a great counter argument to show me how I am wrong?
Drugs, for instance, only come through points of entry? I think not.

Yes, it's much easier than swimming a river with them and risky for the drug smuggler on foot. Can you imagine if he happens to run into one of his buddies on the Mexican side with a cache of drugs on him? They'd kill him on the spot? No, much easier to smuggle it on a plane, bus, or vehicle. Drugs can also be air dropped right over that wall.

And if a woman has been coaxed into human trafficking, a wall won't stop that either. She can pose as a niece or a daughter visiting relatives, and the best way to catch that is at the point of entry.

Last edited:
I'm watching the news. They said that federal contractors are losing 200 million dollars a day because of the shutdown. In 27 days we paid for the wall!!! Good job Donald John Trump!

And folks won’t be able to pass drugs and money in between the slats of Trump’s fence? :ack-1:

http%3A%2F%2Fo.aolcdn.com%2Fhss%2Fstorage%2Fmidas%2Fe368cc6402bd9806674e78f38465f0b3%2F0%2Fmexican-child-looks-at-a-vehicle-of-the-us-border-patrol-through-the-picture-id942054380

I'm watching the news. They said that federal contractors are losing 200 million dollars a day because of the shutdown. In 27 days we paid for the wall!!! Good job Donald John Trump!
He said he wanted it, now he's got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back