Remember 2004?

Dismissal of U.S. attorneys controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Politicization of hiring at the Department of Justice

Attorney General Gonzales, in a confidential order dated March 1, 2006 not published in the Federal Register, formally delegated authority to senior DOJ staff Monica Goodling and Kyle Sampson to hire and dismiss political appointees and some civil service positions.[45][46] On May 2, 2007, the Department of Justice announced two separate investigations into hirings conducted by Goodling: one by the department's Inspector General, and a second by the Office of Professional Responsibility.[35] In testimony before the House Judiciary Committee, on May 23, 2007, Goodling stated that she had "crossed the line" and broke civil service laws regulating hiring for civil service positions, and had improperly weighed political factors in assessing applicants.[47]

Involved administration officials who resigned

Alberto Gonzales, United States Attorney General, former White House Counsel
Kyle Sampson, Chief of Staff to the Attorney General
Michael A. Battle, Director of the Executive Office for U.S. Attorneys
Michael Elston, Chief of Staff to the Deputy Attorney General
Monica Goodling, Justice Department's liaison to the White House
William W. Mercer, U.S. Attorney, Acting Associate Attorney General (retains position as U.S. Attorney in Montana)
Sara Taylor, Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Political Affairs
Paul McNulty, Deputy Attorney General
Harriet Miers, former White House Counsel (resigned prior to publicity surrounding the controversy, effective January 31, 2007)
Karl Rove, White House Deputy Chief of Staff
Bradley Schlozman, Director Executive Office for U.S. Attorneys; former Acting Assistant Attorney General for, and later Principal Deputy Attorney General for the Civil Rights Division; former interim U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Missouri

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monica_Goodling

Carol Lam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Key event timeline of the firing scandal
June 2003 – Barry Weinbaum, CEO Alvarado Hospital (owned by Tenet), indicted for conspiracy to violate the federal statutes.
October 2004 – Leonard Senerote, Michael Uhl and Michael Snipes dismissed on No TX USA office.
February 2005 – Lam's name first appears on a firings list.
March 2005 – Leonard Leo e-mail.
October 2005 – 18 Republican lawmakers criticize Lam's handling of immigration cases (letter signed by Cunningham while under investigation).
March 2006 – Bush signs the USA Patriot Improvement and Reauthorization Act.
April 2006 – Second mistrial in Lam's illegal-kickback trial of Alvarado execs.
May 5, 2006 – CIA director Porter Goss resigns unexpectedly.
May 10, 2006 – Lam notifies DoJ she planned to serve search warrants on Kyle Foggo, who resigned two days earlier as No. 3 official at the CIA.
May 10, 2006 – HHS announces forthcoming termination of Medicare payments to Alvarado/Tenet.
May 11, 2006 – Kyle Sampson e-mails deputy White House counsel William Kelley, re "the real problem we have right now with Carol Lam ....
May 11, 2006 – LA Times reports Cunningham probe expanded to House Appropriations Chair Jerry Lewis (R-CA).
May 12, 2006 – FBI agents seizes records from Foggo's CIA offices and his suburban Vienna, Va.
May 17, 2006 – Tenet Healthcare Agrees to Divest Alvarado Hospital. Tenet will not lose Medicare money, civil settlement with the federal government.
May 18, 2006 – Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA) provides false information to AP that Lam has prosecuted only 6% of 289 suspected immigrant smugglers.
July 31, 2006 – The Times quotes Prakash Sethi "GPOs extract extra profits of $5 billion to $6 billion" illegitimately.
December 7, 2006 – Michael Battle, director of the Executive Office for U.S. Attorneys, calls seven U.S. Attorneys to ask for their resignations.
December 13, 2006 – AAG McNulty curbs USA's prosecutorial powers, centralizes corporate fraud charging decision making.
February 15, 2007 – Lam resigns as U.S. Attorney for San Diego just days after filing indictments in public corruption case.

Last edited:
I do.

There was this presidential election.

I really hated the president. He was an incompetent boob that had led our country to calamity. I wasn't alone. He was extremely unpopular with most Americans who viewed his policies as disastrous.

The the Democrats nominated an total dork to run against him.

I wasn't worried because the President was such a dipshit, I knew he was toast.

Then the total Dork's campaign platform consisted of "vote for me because the president sucks"! That's okay, I thought, tat will be enough to beat the loser incumbent.

The morning after the election, I (and many others) woke up shocked that the president had won. There many conspiracy theories, but the truth is that in America it is really hard to unseat an incumbent.

I am getting a kick out off the confidence of the right on this board. I suspect you are whistling past the graveyard.

This thread will serve as anal salve for your butthurt selves after the election.

I'm certainly not confident, it is hard to unseat an incumbent. I am hoping that Congress will remain with the repubs and a dream that the Senate goes to the right. At least the only thing Obama can do with his social policies is to invoke an executive order.

Carol Lam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Carol Chien-Hua Lam (林剑华; pinyin: Lín Jiànhuá) (born June 26, 1959) is a former United States Attorney for the Southern District of California. Lam was sworn into office on an interim basis on September 4, 2002. On November 12, 2002, Lam was further sworn in as a Senate confirmed Presidential appointee. She oversaw the Rep. Randy "Duke" Cunningham military contracting corruption case. Lam was one of eight attorneys fired in the Dismissal of U.S. attorneys controversy.[1

If I read it correctly this thread was started for a Democrat and is mostly for Democrats so all you 'where's the link' fuck head righties can just go suck an egg for a while while we reminisce on what scum all you righties are.

If I read it correctly this thread was started for a Democrat and is mostly for Democrats so all you 'where's the link' fuck head righties can just go suck an egg for a while while we reminisce on what scum all you righties are.

Your still wet behind the ears, you really don't understand this board all that much yet.
So I'll take it easy on your stupid ass comment.

Kerry would have won if the republican had not cheated
tumblr_lbuswcdZ3t1qdk6zzo1_r1_500.gif

I do.

There was this presidential election.

I really hated the president. He was an incompetent boob that had led our country to calamity. I wasn't alone. He was extremely unpopular with most Americans who viewed his policies as disastrous.

The the Democrats nominated an total dork to run against him.

I wasn't worried because the President was such a dipshit, I knew he was toast.

Then the total Dork's campaign platform consisted of "vote for me because the president sucks"! That's okay, I thought, tat will be enough to beat the loser incumbent.

The morning after the election, I (and many others) woke up shocked that the president had won. There many conspiracy theories, but the truth is that in America it is really hard to unseat an incumbent.

I am getting a kick out off the confidence of the right on this board. I suspect you are whistling past the graveyard.

This thread will serve as anal salve for your butthurt selves after the election.

Romney MAKES money
Kerry marries it

Ryan can build a budget
Leiberman can bail on his party

:clap2:

The difference between 2004 and 2012 is "THE ECONOMY SUCKS".

Also, John "effin" Kerry, who by the way served in Vietnam, is an arrogant douche bag who's only accomplishments are marrying for money, hating America with a passion, saying "Jenn-Jiss Khan" like a condescending faggot, and throwing away another man's medals.
:thup:

Last edited:

Your still wet behind the ears, you really don't understand this board all that much yet.
So I'll take it easy on your stupid ass comment.

Go find another thread, dumb ass.

Forum List

Back