Religious people are happier than those who don't actively participate in a faith, study finds

Here's the logical flaw in this thread, right at the beginning:

Those are not contrasts. You don't have to "participate" in some self-feeding echo-hive to be religious. At all. That's not "being religious" --- that's joining a club.
Believing in a higher purpose gives meaning to life such that experiencing difficulties is viewed through a different lens.
It gives meaning to YOUR life, which is kind of sad since you’re saying that it would have no meaning otherwise.
That is exactly what I would have expected you to say, Taz. The very best you can hope for is to suffer without complaint.
Couldn’t find anything relevant to say?
I believe it is extremely relevant.
Of course you do.

So for argument's sake, let's say that's true. Would believing in a fairy tale change that? Are all people of religion happy?
It’s not a fairytale. It’s how ancient man passed down important truths thousands of years ago.

Just the ones who believe they are being tested.
God is unproven. And not all people with religion are happy.
That sounds like an argument Satan would make.
Satan is a myth as well. But you’re going to prove him to me, aren’t you? :lol:
Is he? You sure do make his arguments for him.
Does Satan scare you?

So you deluded yourself with a fairy tale and this makes you happy. Whatever works I guess.
You don’t strike me as being very happy.
So for argument's sake, let's say that's true. Would believing in a fairy tale change that? Are all people of religion happy?
It’s not a fairytale. It’s how ancient man passed down important truths thousands of years ago.

Um... yeah. The study he cited, and what he said in his original post said that.

It said, people who participate actively in their religion are happier. Which implies that religious people who are not active, likely see no benefit.

By the way, it should be noted that this applies broadly. Saying that not all people who participate in their faith, are all happy, would not contradict the research either.

It says over all, generally speaking people who participate in their faith are happier than non-believers.

The two statements are not mutually exclusive.

For example, if I contract cancer, I likely won't be as happy, even if I'm an active in my faith. That doesn't change the fact the religious people who are active in their faith, are generally much happier than non-believers.

Last edited:
the lefts religion is AGW
their faith is so strong they'll believe anything you tell them >>DAMN SCIENCE just gets in the way of their bat shit crazy religion .
watermelon heathens !
I believe that a mans relationship with his or hers god is a personal one
Im not a very big church going man BUT i pray and talk to god

I dont pray to Jesus ...why would i pray to the son when i can talk to the father?

Jesus rides beside me but never buys any smokes is one of my favorite quotes from the Canadian bible

Does Satan scare you?
Maybe one day we will both find out. But until then I won’t be making his arguments for him.

So you deluded yourself with a fairy tale and this makes you happy. Whatever works I guess.

Um... yeah. The study he cited, and what he said in his original post said that.

It said, people who participate actively in their religion are happier.

By the way, it should be noted that this applies broadly. Saying that not all people who participate in their faith, are all happy, would not contradict the research either.

It says over all, generally speaking people who participate in their faith are happier than non-believers.

For example, if I contract cancer, I likely won't be as happy, even if I'm an active in my faith. That doesn't change the fact the religious people who are active in their faith, are generally much happier than non-believers.
retarded people always seem happy, are they better off then regular people. Perhaps because they live in a sort of fantasy world. So what?

retarded people always seem happy, are they better off then regular people. Perhaps. So what?
^dunning effect

Does Satan scare you?
Maybe one day we will both find out. But until then I won’t be making his arguments for him.
So you’re agnostic on Satan. Interesting.

retarded people always seem happy, are they better off then regular people. Perhaps. So what?
^dunning effect
^imbecile effect

Does Satan scare you?
You aren’t. You keep making his arguments for him.

^dunning effect
^imbecile effect
^ more dunning effect.

Does Satan scare you?
I can make arguments for Santa too if you want.

Believing in a higher purpose gives meaning to life such that experiencing difficulties is viewed through a different lens.
It gives meaning to YOUR life, which is kind of sad since you’re saying that it would have no meaning otherwise.
That is exactly what I would have expected you to say, Taz. The very best you can hope for is to suffer without complaint.
Of course you do.
Absolutely. Your mission is to subordinate faith in God.

Of course you do.
No, I’m looking for proof of god.

Does Satan scare you?
The fact that you don’t proves you don’t believe in Santa.

You only argue against things that are real.

Of course you do.
No. You’re not. You are looking to subordinate faith in God. It’s your thing.

Does Satan scare you?

Seriously brah, you’re demented.

Seriously brah, you’re demented.
As demented as someone who doesn’t believe in God spending his time discussing God?

Of course you do.
No. You’re not. You are looking to subordinate faith in God. It’s your thing.
I forgot, you know everything. :lol:

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see through your motives, Taz.

Forum List

Back