Religion Cannot StandThe Scrutiny Of A Good Education

I defend him because I share his views. Don't you act like you don't come to the rescue of your conservative christian friends when they are being attacked... like you are doing right now.

Hey, Mensa Boy. The point of contention isn't that you're defending someone you agree with; it's that you're defending him and stating that you agree with him despite ALSO saying you're not familiar with his post. How can BOTH be true?

His PREVIOUS posts, mensa girl, as in, prior to this thread, I had never read his posts before. Try actually reading before you respond like an idiot.

This post?

Modern education systems should require a study of world religions, geology and anthropology. Education is something that ancient myths cannot handle. It's the reason modern society is beginning to withdraw from that line of thinking:

Statistics on Religion in America Report -- Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life

This survey finds that the number of people who say they are unaffiliated with any particular faith today (16.1%) is more than double the number who say they were not affiliated with any particular religion as children. Among Americans ages 18-29, one-in-four say they are not currently affiliated with any particular religion.

Did you bother to follow the link and find out that it has nothing to do with hos claim, or did your ignorance carry you through the process of fact checking?

You aren't familiar with Cammmpbell, yet you feel a need to defend him. Why is that? Are you demonstrating your ignorance based arrogance? Perhaps you should educate yourself, if your brain actually has any room for anything other than your swelled ego.

I defend him because I share his views. Don't you act like you don't come to the rescue of your conservative christian friends when they are being attacked... like you are doing right now.

You share his views? How can you know that if you don't know his posts?

Your arrogant ignorance is tripping you up.

How is this arrogance to make an inference based on evidence? Stop throwing around insults because it suits you.

Most people of religion are ignorant. That is demonstrable when they display their ignorance to scientific facts, and tout religious views when their basis for belief is faith, as defined (once again) by a LACK OF EVIDENCE. Don't give me your self-righteous bullshit and act like you are at all morally superior. You are not. You maintain a nice calm about you while voting to change this country into a fucking theocracy and turn the world into you'r own little play pen where only those that believe as you do exist. This is every christian's wet dream. You know how I know, because it says it in the fucking bible (John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father but through me), the koran... take your pick.

Everyone is ignorant about most things, intelligent people know that, and use it to control their arrogance. The really ignorant people think the little they know is everything, and think that trumps reality.

I agree with everything you said.

Yet you arrogantly defend a poster you are ignorant about.

Interesting.

How is this arrogance to make an inference based on evidence? Stop throwing around insults because it suits you.

You aren't using evidence, you are using confirmation bias.

Hey, Mensa Boy. The point of contention isn't that you're defending someone you agree with; it's that you're defending him and stating that you agree with him despite ALSO saying you're not familiar with his post. How can BOTH be true?

His PREVIOUS posts, mensa girl, as in, prior to this thread, I had never read his posts before. Try actually reading before you respond like an idiot.

This post?

Modern education systems should require a study of world religions, geology and anthropology. Education is something that ancient myths cannot handle. It's the reason modern society is beginning to withdraw from that line of thinking:

This survey finds that the number of people who say they are unaffiliated with any particular faith today (16.1%) is more than double the number who say they were not affiliated with any particular religion as children. Among Americans ages 18-29, one-in-four say they are not currently affiliated with any particular religion.

Did you bother to follow the link and find out that it has nothing to do with hos claim, or did your ignorance carry you through the process of fact checking?

Are you kidding me right now? What about "PRIOR TO THIS THREAD" do you not understand?

This post?

Are you kidding me right now? What about "PRIOR TO THIS THREAD" do you not understand?

You didn't even read the OP of this thread, yet you are defending the views expressed in the OP.

Interesting.

I am an anti-theist, and as follows, I hold anti-christian views, since, christianity is a religion. So does this poster have anti-christian views, as evidenced by his first post. How is this confirmation bias? His first post is clearly a stab at christianity. I think you need to learn the meaning of your terms a little bit before throwing them all over the ground for me to step on.

This doesn't mean I don't like people who are christian, AT ALL. So, don't you use CONFIRMATION BIAS to form this belief about me. All is means, is I don't like christian beliefs and doctrine, or any religion which attempts to hold sway over my and or anyone else's life, pretending to have the truth. How ironic you talk about arrogance as a christian.

Last edited:
I don't blindly hate all christians. I only respond to christian claims when necessary and appropriate, so don't project you're image of atheists onto me. I try to be fair. I am not familiar with campbell's other post. From my perspective, what i wrote is what I saw. I retract my apology.

Ironic post is . . . ironic.

Honey, in this post and the one previous, you made it very clear that you DO hate all Christians, and there is only one way to hate an entire group of people you don't even know: blindly.

I don't have to "project" anything onto you. All I have to do is respond to YOUR WORDS. Let me quote:

"Ignorance breeds religion and faith."

I don't care how you want to rationalize and justify that. To say that religious people of faith are all automatically ignorant IS hatred, and it IS bigotry, and there's not a person here EXCEPT for you and the other bigots who thinks you're not one. If you're going to flatter yourself that you "try to be fair", explain to me where you were "trying" in that sentence, please. Wait, let me guess. You were being "fair" by only describing people who disagree with you as ignorant, rather than calling them stupid, right?

You are not only a bigot, you're a hypocrite. And by the way, while we're on the subject of "ignorance", how about posting in a thread without bothering to read any of the prior posts there?

"I'm sorry that I have to call you names and denigrate you" is not an apology, so you may not only "retract" it, you may subsequently shove it up your bigoted ass.

This has been today's episode of "How the Rest of the World Sees You". Thank you for tuning in, and we now return you to your regularly-scheduled delusion.

I don't hate all christians. I don't hate anybody, or at least, I try not to. So, stop making this assertion because it suits your christian worldview of atheists.

They have therapy for this level of self-delusion.

Let's see if you can be honest for two seconds, rather than just parroting, "You're projecting! You're making assumptions about me!" My bet is that honesty is utterly beyond you at this point. Try to surprise me.

First, do you deny that you said this: "Ignorance breeds religion and faith." Those are your words, right?

Second, IF you admit that those are your words, what do they constitute, if not hatred of and bigotry toward religious people? By all means, share with us whatever rationalization plays through your mind when you say things like that you allow you to continue mistakenly believing you're a nice, fair, rational person who doesn't hate.

I skip to the most ignorant posts and just start responding.[/QUOTE]

Thereby producing some of the most ignorant posts on the thread. Congratulations.

Next time, either try reading the conversation first so that you can contribute intelligently and substantively to it, or - better yet - just shutting up and not wasting everyone's time with your meaningless attacks. Seriously, your method produces nothing of value to anyone.

I am an anti-theist, and as follows, I hold anti-christian views, since, christianity is a religion. So does this poster have anti-christian views, as evidenced by his first post. How is this confirmation bias? His first post is clearly a stab at christianity. I think you need to learn the meaning of your terms a little bit before throwing them all over the ground for me to step on.

This doesn't mean I don't like people who are christian, AT ALL. So, don't you use CONFIRMATION BIAS to form this belief about me. All is means, is I don't like christian beliefs and doctrine, or any religion which attempts to hold sway over my and or anyone else's life, pretending to have the truth. How ironic you talk about arrogance as a christian.

His first post, which you just admitted you didn't read, is based on a poll that doesn't show what he says it shows. How is that not confirmation bias?

And I am not the rich man he was talking to at the time. Or do you think Christians are likewise supposed to start building Arks because God once commanded Noah to build one?

He also commanded Peter and the other Apostles to throw out their nets to catch fish. You think every Christian is commanded to do that?

What's funny about it is you actually think you are educated.

I had most of the new testament memorized and could quote it chapter and verse 55 years ago when I was in my early 20's. I find that most folks settle in on something they believe which in most cases has absolutely nothing to do with what's in the bible. So thrill me some more. I've heard it all.

Satan has the Scriptures memorized chapter and verse and is able to quote them, too. Do you think that means he understands Christianity and God's teachings? That would have to be "No", because God Himself said that if Satan ever COULD understand what God was saying, he would be allowed back into Heaven.

So thrill me some more. I've heard it all, and I actually comprehended it.

LOL...at least me and satan read the thing. It could be in Greek and most of those who say they believe it wouldn't know the difference.

Don't get upset......we know you have lived a perfect life and that you will rise from the grave, meet the ghost floating on a cloud, fly off to paradise and live forever..................I'm a Jack and the Beanstalk man myself.

Last edited:

His first post, which you just admitted you didn't read, is based on a poll that doesn't show what he says it shows. How is that not confirmation bias?

I never admitted that. I did read his first post, i just didn't follow the link. But, from you're description, that isn't confirmation bias, that would be a kind of strawman. confirmation bias isn't a logical fallacy. it is a built-in cognitive bias that we ALL tend to display. Only through conscious effort can we avoid it.

Honey, in this post and the one previous, you made it very clear that you DO hate all Christians, and there is only one way to hate an entire group of people you don't even know: blindly.

I don't have to "project" anything onto you. All I have to do is respond to YOUR WORDS. Let me quote:

I don't care how you want to rationalize and justify that. To say that religious people of faith are all automatically ignorant IS hatred, and it IS bigotry, and there's not a person here EXCEPT for you and the other bigots who thinks you're not one. If you're going to flatter yourself that you "try to be fair", explain to me where you were "trying" in that sentence, please. Wait, let me guess. You were being "fair" by only describing people who disagree with you as ignorant, rather than calling them stupid, right?

You are not only a bigot, you're a hypocrite. And by the way, while we're on the subject of "ignorance", how about posting in a thread without bothering to read any of the prior posts there?

"I'm sorry that I have to call you names and denigrate you" is not an apology, so you may not only "retract" it, you may subsequently shove it up your bigoted ass.

This has been today's episode of "How the Rest of the World Sees You". Thank you for tuning in, and we now return you to your regularly-scheduled delusion.

I don't hate all christians. I don't hate anybody, or at least, I try not to. So, stop making this assertion because it suits your christian worldview of atheists.

They have therapy for this level of self-delusion.

Let's see if you can be honest for two seconds, rather than just parroting, "You're projecting! You're making assumptions about me!" My bet is that honesty is utterly beyond you at this point. Try to surprise me.

First, do you deny that you said this: "Ignorance breeds religion and faith." Those are your words, right?

Second, IF you admit that those are your words, what do they constitute, if not hatred of and bigotry toward religious people? By all means, share with us whatever rationalization plays through your mind when you say things like that you allow you to continue mistakenly believing you're a nice, fair, rational person who doesn't hate.

I skip to the most ignorant posts and just start responding.

I'm going to skip over you're polemicist points, and try and clear this up. I was being a "polemic" when I said "ignorance breeds religion." I admit that, although I happen to think there is a lot of truth to this, and this is backed statistically if you look at the number of those with faith in many countries across the world, and how that changes with the quality and style of education in those countries. For instance, America is inordinately religious compared to most of the western world, and we have some of the worst education worldwide. All other developed nations have significantly lower rates of religious belief per capita and have better access to good education.

I agree with the notion that a lack of education, especially scientific education... allows for greater faith and religion, because the two seem to be contradictory. That's a simple enough idea. A fundamentalist belief in the bible is incompatible with scientific thought. This, at least partially, demonstrates this notion empirically and in concept. Not all those religious are fundamentalists, but still many disbelieve scientific claims on similar grounds. So, you get the trend we see and would expect. In places where education is not valued highly, there is greater religious and fundamentalist thought.

Last edited:
I don't blindly hate all christians. I only respond to christian claims when necessary and appropriate, so don't project you're image of atheists onto me. I try to be fair. I am not familiar with campbell's other post. From my perspective, what i wrote is what I saw. I retract my apology.

Most people of religion are ignorant.

Really? "MOST" of them? How do you know that? I can only assume you're stating your opinion, since you haven't included a link to a source polling all of the "people of religion" on Earth, and I will find it very hard to believe that you yourself have conducted that poll.

So how does THIS sentence fit into your treasured self-image of "fairness" and "not hating Christians"? If I said, "Most people of color are ignorant", you would - rightly - accuse me of being a bigot, so how are you NOT a bigot for saying the same thing about another group?

That is demonstrable when they display their ignorance to scientific facts, and tout religious views when their basis for belief is faith, as defined (once again) by a LACK OF EVIDENCE.

"When THEY display THEIR ignorance of scientific facts"? At what point did YOU discuss "scientific fact" with every single "person of religion" on the planet, to be able to say that "they" are universally "ignorant of scientific facts"? Were you discussing ALL scientific facts in these extensive conversations you were having with every single religious person on Earth, or just specific opinions that you personally treasure as "scientific fact"? Please, be specific here, because it's going to be impossible to respond to you in any way EXCEPT to reiterate that you're a bigot if you don't start proving that this post is based on anything other than your blind hatred of all things and people of religion.

Don't give me your self-righteous bullshit and act like you are at all morally superior.

Why not? YOU seem to be enjoying doing it, and after all, you seem to want us all to learn from your sterling example. :eusa_angel:

You are not.

Neither are you, but it doesn't seem to affect your behavior at all.

For the record, by the way, I'm not touting my moral superiority in this particular thread. I'm touting my intellectual superiority, and so far, you're an even bigger argument in my favor than Cammmpbell is.

You maintain a nice calm about you while voting to change this country into a fucking theocracy and turn the world into you'r own little play pen where only those that believe as you do exist.

Hey, could you tell me PRECISELY where "fucking theocracy" and "own little playpen" will be appearing on Tuesday's ballot? I want to be sure I don't miss checking that particular box. :razz:

This is every christian's wet dream.

It is? Really?! Because I don't recall ever even dreaming this, let alone subsequently having an orgasm about it. Does that mean I'm not really a Christian, or am I just suppressing, Dr. Freud? Inquiring minds want to know.

You know how I know, because it says it in the fucking bible (John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father but through me), the koran... take your pick.

Well, I'm glad you at least made a start on explaining how you "know" all this stuff about millions of people you've never met, because here was me thinking that it's impossible to make blanket criticisms of total strangers based on their membership in a group without hatred and bigotry.

I'm still a bit confused on how "this is the only way to go to Heaven" translates into "vote for a theocracy on Earth", but I am now convinced that you'll be sharing that little tidbit of wisdom any time now.

I think my Sarcasmotron 2000 has a cramp after all this.

:lmao:

This post?

Perhaps the fact that you didn't say it initially, and only just introduced it to the conversation.

:lmao:

cute

This post?

Perhaps the fact that you didn't say it initially, and only just introduced it to the conversation.

Now, you are displaying confirmation bias, massively. I said it when I said it. That you missed it is not my fucking problem. By the way, "prior to this thread" means, "before the existence of this thread." Therefore, quoting from a post within this thread to prove me wrong is purely idiotic given what I just stated.

Last edited:

"I'm anti-Christian, but I don't hate Christians."

Who knew irony could be this fucking funny? :clap2:

And that's assuming the OP is the "other post" to which he referred. I didn't even consider it worth trying to find out which "other post" he didn't bother to read.

"I'm anti-Christian, but I don't hate Christians."

Who knew irony could be this fucking funny? :clap2:

By your logic: I hate pizza, therefore, I must hate all italians.

We are not our beliefs. Christianity is a belief-system. A Christian is not a belief, it is a person who holds certain beliefs. It is these beliefs that I am "anti."

How can you be so dishonest, honestly?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back