Religion Cannot StandThe Scrutiny Of A Good Education

Evolution is a FACT

God is a theory

Yeah, well, evolution cannot and does account for origin, and the more we learn the less convincing Abiogenesis becomes--except for the ignorant/confused and the true-believing scientists who just can't let it go.

Evolution or a process akin to it is an apparent fact assuming the ontology of the materialistic naturalist is correct. If it's not, all bets are off.

I believe them both to be the myths . . . of "modern education."

That's bullshit! Modern chemists and biologists are making new discoveries in to the chemical roots to the tree of life every day and they're very excited about their fields - just watch PBS for a month and you too will see!

I didn't say they weren't excited about their work or were not making new discoveries. I said, essentially. . . .

You don't have the faintest clue.

Evolution cannot account for origin. Period. The very idea is unscientific.

And abiogenises is not getting anywhere near origin. You don't know the science. I do. I also understand the difference between metaphysical naturalism and mechanistic naturalism. You don't.

In the meantime your opinion is of no import to me or to the abiogentic researcher scientists who know we are light-years away from explaining origins via chemical evolution.

It's not even close. Even Miller toward the end of his life acknowledged that.

Bioengineering is not abiogenic generation, Sir, which is the only thing you could be talking about beyond the presuppositions of a metaphysical naturalism in this regard.

Refute this with something more than an obscenity and an obscure reference to a PBS program: Prukrock's Lair: Abiogenesis: The Unholy Grail of Atheism

My work is predicated on the current science and the work of the leading lights of abiogenic research.

I seriously doubt you understand much of anything about the matter. The fact that you misunderstood the nature of my observation demonstrates that.

Last edited:
Modern education systems should require a study of world religions, geology and anthropology. Education is something that ancient myths cannot handle. It's the reason modern society is beginning to withdraw from that line of thinking:

Statistics on Religion in America Report -- Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life

This survey finds that the number of people who say they are unaffiliated with any particular faith today (16.1%) is more than double the number who say they were not affiliated with any particular religion as children. Among Americans ages 18-29, one-in-four say they are not currently affiliated with any particular religion.
"Modern education systems" in America have their roots in mainstream Protestant churches. Such a silly thread.

Modern education systems should require a study of world religions, geology and anthropology. Education is something that ancient myths cannot handle. It's the reason modern society is beginning to withdraw from that line of thinking:

This survey finds that the number of people who say they are unaffiliated with any particular faith today (16.1%) is more than double the number who say they were not affiliated with any particular religion as children. Among Americans ages 18-29, one-in-four say they are not currently affiliated with any particular religion.

So Education is turning people into angry douchebags, like you?

So, he's angry because he disagrees with you? That is your own projection. He was being factual. Ignorance breeds religion and faith. Sorry.

"Modern education systems" in America have their roots in mainstream Protestant churches. Such a silly thread.

Red Herring.

So, he's angry because he disagrees with you? That is your own projection. He was being factual. Ignorance breeds religion and faith. Sorry.

No, dear, Marty says Cammmpbell is angry because he runs around, starting threads about how stupid Christians are for believing in God, how brilliant he is for NOT believing in God, and how religion and education can't possibly coexist in one person's mind . . . you know, like THIS thread.

The question of why Cammmpbell is angry is still up for discussion. But it requires no projection whatsoever to state that he IS angry about something. The projection comes from him and you and your "I think Christians suck, so I'm going to assert my opinion as a universal fact" remarks.

The only "fact" you cited, as far as I can see, is that you are sorry. This is inarguable.

No, dear, Marty says Cammmpbell is angry because he runs around, starting threads about how stupid Christians are for believing in God, how brilliant he is for NOT believing in God, and how religion and education can't possibly coexist in one person's mind . . . you know, like THIS thread.

The question of why Cammmpbell is angry is still up for discussion. But it requires no projection whatsoever to state that he IS angry about something. The projection comes from him and you and your "I think Christians suck, so I'm going to assert my opinion as a universal fact" remarks.

The only "fact" you cited, as far as I can see, is that you are sorry. This is inarguable.

I don't blindly hate all christians. I only respond to christian claims when necessary and appropriate, so don't project you're image of atheists onto me. I try to be fair. I am not familiar with campbell's other post. From my perspective, what i wrote is what I saw. I retract my apology.

Last edited:

Ignorance doesn't breed religion anymore than education breeds intelligence, what ignorance actually gifts people with is arrogance.

You seem to have a large quantity of arrogance yourself.

I don't blindly hate all christians. I only respond to christian claims when necessary and appropriate, so don't project you're image of atheists onto me. I try to be fair. I am not familiar with campbell's other post. From my perspective, what i wrote is what I saw. I retract my apology.

You aren't familiar with Cammmpbell, yet you feel a need to defend him. Why is that? Are you demonstrating your ignorance based arrogance? Perhaps you should educate yourself, if your brain actually has any room for anything other than your swelled ego.

Modern education systems should require a study of world religions, geology and anthropology. Education is something that ancient myths cannot handle.

Don't worry, no one forgot how stupid you are.

Well, thats pretty inaccurate.

Just in my family, my Grandfather is a Scientist and also a Baptist. He is a Chemist and got his PHD at MIT. My Aunt is a Chemist as well and is Orthodox Jewish. My uncle in law is also a Chemist and Orthodox Jewish.

Take the latest Gallup poll on belief in God in the United States in 2011 VS. belief in God in the United States in 1947.

In 1947, 94% of Americans said that believed in God.

64 years later in 2011, 92% of Americans said they believed in God.

Given that is within the polls margin of error, it shows there has been no decrease in belief in God in the United States Of America since the 1940s, despite the fact that Americans today have more than double the high school graduation rates of the 1940s and more than quadruple the level of College Graduation rates.

More Than 9 in 10 Americans Continue to Believe in God

"Under God" has been in the United States pledge since the 1950s and "In God We Trust" has been on all US money since the 1960s.

Just look at anyone who runs for President or currently serves in the US House of Representitives or US Senate, nearly every single one of them if not all professes some sort of Religious faith.

Ironic post is . . . ironic.

Honey, in this post and the one previous, you made it very clear that you DO hate all Christians, and there is only one way to hate an entire group of people you don't even know: blindly.

I don't have to "project" anything onto you. All I have to do is respond to YOUR WORDS. Let me quote:

"Ignorance breeds religion and faith."

I don't care how you want to rationalize and justify that. To say that religious people of faith are all automatically ignorant IS hatred, and it IS bigotry, and there's not a person here EXCEPT for you and the other bigots who thinks you're not one. If you're going to flatter yourself that you "try to be fair", explain to me where you were "trying" in that sentence, please. Wait, let me guess. You were being "fair" by only describing people who disagree with you as ignorant, rather than calling them stupid, right?

You are not only a bigot, you're a hypocrite. And by the way, while we're on the subject of "ignorance", how about posting in a thread without bothering to read any of the prior posts there?

"I'm sorry that I have to call you names and denigrate you" is not an apology, so you may not only "retract" it, you may subsequently shove it up your bigoted ass.

This has been today's episode of "How the Rest of the World Sees You". Thank you for tuning in, and we now return you to your regularly-scheduled delusion.

Modern education systems should require a study of world religions, geology and anthropology. Education is something that ancient myths cannot handle.

Don't worry, no one forgot how stupid you are.

Perhaps if he stopped dancing around, singing, "I'm stupid! I'm stupid! Look how stupid I am! Isn't it wonderful that I'm stupid?! Tra la la la!"

You aren't familiar with Cammmpbell, yet you feel a need to defend him. Why is that? Are you demonstrating your ignorance based arrogance? Perhaps you should educate yourself, if your brain actually has any room for anything other than your swelled ego.

I defend him because I share his views. Don't you act like you don't come to the rescue of your conservative christian friends when they are being attacked... like you are doing right now.

Honey, in this post and the one previous, you made it very clear that you DO hate all Christians, and there is only one way to hate an entire group of people you don't even know: blindly.

I don't have to "project" anything onto you. All I have to do is respond to YOUR WORDS. Let me quote:

I don't care how you want to rationalize and justify that. To say that religious people of faith are all automatically ignorant IS hatred, and it IS bigotry, and there's not a person here EXCEPT for you and the other bigots who thinks you're not one. If you're going to flatter yourself that you "try to be fair", explain to me where you were "trying" in that sentence, please. Wait, let me guess. You were being "fair" by only describing people who disagree with you as ignorant, rather than calling them stupid, right?

You are not only a bigot, you're a hypocrite. And by the way, while we're on the subject of "ignorance", how about posting in a thread without bothering to read any of the prior posts there?

"I'm sorry that I have to call you names and denigrate you" is not an apology, so you may not only "retract" it, you may subsequently shove it up your bigoted ass.

This has been today's episode of "How the Rest of the World Sees You". Thank you for tuning in, and we now return you to your regularly-scheduled delusion.

I don't hate all christians. I don't hate anybody, or at least, I try not to. So, stop making this assertion because it suits your christian worldview of atheists.

I skip to the most ignorant posts and just start responding.

I defend him because I share his views. Don't you act like you don't come to the rescue of your conservative christian friends when they are being attacked... like you are doing right now.

You share his views? How can you know that if you don't know his posts?

Your arrogant ignorance is tripping you up.

Most people of religion are ignorant. That is demonstrable when they display their ignorance to scientific facts, and tout religious views when their basis for belief is faith, as defined (once again) by a LACK OF EVIDENCE. Don't give me your self-righteous bullshit and act like you are at all morally superior. You are not. You maintain a nice calm about you while voting to change this country into a fucking theocracy and turn the world into you'r own little play pen where only those that believe as you do exist. This is every christian's wet dream. You know how I know, because it says it in the fucking bible (John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father but through me), the koran... take your pick.

Last edited:

Hey, Mensa Boy. The point of contention isn't that you're defending someone you agree with; it's that you're defending him and stating that you agree with him despite ALSO saying you're not familiar with his post. How can BOTH be true?

Hey, Mensa Boy. The point of contention isn't that you're defending someone you agree with; it's that you're defending him and stating that you agree with him despite ALSO saying you're not familiar with his post. How can BOTH be true?

His PREVIOUS posts, mensa girl, as in, prior to this thread, I had never read his posts before. Try actually reading before you respond like an idiot.

Most people of religion are ignorant. That is demonstrable when they display their ignorance to scientific facts, and tout religious views when their basis for belief is faith, as defined (once again) by a LACK OF EVIDENCE. Don't give me your self-righteous bullshit and act like you are at all morally superior. You are not. You maintain a nice calm about you while voting to change this country into a fucking theocracy and turn the world into you'r own little play pen where only those that believe as you do exist. This is every christian's wet dream. You know how I know, because it says it in the fucking bible (John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father but through me), the koran... take your pick.

Everyone is ignorant about most things, intelligent people know that, and use it to control their arrogance. The really ignorant people think the little they know is everything, and think that trumps reality.

Everyone is ignorant about most things, intelligent people know that, and use it to control their arrogance. The really ignorant people think the little they know is everything, and think that trumps reality.

I agree with everything you said.

Forum List

Back