Religion Cannot StandThe Scrutiny Of A Good Education

Isn't that always the question? I have never in my life purposely sought out atheists in order to tell them that I believe in God and think their beliefs are a crock of shit. But thanks to the wonders of the Internet, I literally lose count of the people I see EVERY SINGLE DAY who seek out Christians - and, to a lesser extent, other religious people - in order to tell them how stupid they are for believing what they do, just as though someone asked them and indicated that he was prepared to care about the answer.

:confused:

Thank (insert your preferred Deity here) for the Internet then, eh?

:smoke:

. . . Because you think I ENJOY encountering arrogant, hate-filled, ignorant bigots like yourself?

give it a rest. You're the one being the ignorant bigot.

Isn't that always the question? I have never in my life purposely sought out atheists in order to tell them that I believe in God and think their beliefs are a crock of shit. But thanks to the wonders of the Internet, I literally lose count of the people I see EVERY SINGLE DAY who seek out Christians - and, to a lesser extent, other religious people - in order to tell them how stupid they are for believing what they do, just as though someone asked them and indicated that he was prepared to care about the answer.

:confused:

. . . Because you think I ENJOY encountering arrogant, hate-filled, ignorant bigots like yourself?

No Kiddo... because the truth will set you free. Eventually.

I am an anti-theist, and as follows, I hold anti-christian views, since, christianity is a religion. So does this poster have anti-christian views, as evidenced by his first post. How is this confirmation bias? His first post is clearly a stab at christianity. I think you need to learn the meaning of your terms a little bit before throwing them all over the ground for me to step on.

This doesn't mean I don't like people who are christian, AT ALL. So, don't you use CONFIRMATION BIAS to form this belief about me. All is means, is I don't like christian beliefs and doctrine, or any religion which attempts to hold sway over my and or anyone else's life, pretending to have the truth. How ironic you talk about arrogance as a christian.

"I'm anti-Christian, but I don't hate Christians."

Who knew irony could be this fucking funny? :clap2:

:eusa_think: Didn't an angry young lady in leather once tell me that she hated homosexuality and did not hate homosexuals?

Irony is Ironic! :eusa_eh:

Can't imagine who the hell you're talking about. I'm 43, going on 44, which is only "young" if you're Grandma Moses. I don't wear leather, because it's expensive to buy and maintain, and chafes like a bitch in the desert. And I don't hate homosexuals OR homosexuality, and have never claimed to do either.

I'll cop to "angry", though, since stupidity irks the shit out of me, and this board definitely has an embarrassment of riches in that regard.

And where did YOU receive your theological training, that we should care what YOU agree with or disagree with? What makes YOU any more of an "expert" on Christianity than Cammmmpbell, who doesn't appear to even be an expert on the topography of the back of his own hand?

Me?

According to some, I'm The Devil. :evil:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLddJ1WceHQ]The Rolling Stones : Sympathy For The Devil (live) HQ - YouTube[/ame]

And the conceit continues unabated.

It's a good thing I'm pretty, eh? ;)

Modern education systems should require a study of world religions, geology and anthropology. Education is something that ancient myths cannot handle. It's the reason modern society is beginning to withdraw from that line of thinking:

Statistics on Religion in America Report -- Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life

This survey finds that the number of people who say they are unaffiliated with any particular faith today (16.1%) is more than double the number who say they were not affiliated with any particular religion as children. Among Americans ages 18-29, one-in-four say they are not currently affiliated with any particular religion.
The US Education System used to be world class, now it's sh*t.

So as the American Education System degrades, so does our Faith? Is that what yer saying?

True the U.S. was the place to come for a first class education until the day idiots like campbell got his way and they took prayer and recognition of God out of School. Now we are on the down slope

So the "truth" of hate-filled, bigoted attacks is going to set me free? I hear the Klan tells its prospective recruits the same thing. Shockingly, I'm no more interested in their ignorant bullshit than I am yours.

So the "truth" of hate-filled, bigoted attacks is going to set me free? I hear the Klan tells its prospective recruits the same thing. Shockingly, I'm no more interested in their ignorant bullshit than I am yours.

It's all truth like all raw data has SOME value. You're job is to filter through it and decide what's truth for you. You'll never have control over any attitude but the one you call 'me'.

"I'm anti-Christian, but I don't hate Christians."

Who knew irony could be this fucking funny? :clap2:

:eusa_think: Didn't an angry young lady in leather once tell me that she hated homosexuality and did not hate homosexuals?

Irony is Ironic! :eusa_eh:

Hmm. It is pretty IRONIC that a christian wouldn't be familiar with this type of nuance.

Are you aware that your last three posts or so have not actually made any sense whatsoever? You're only nominally speaking English at this point.

It's all truth like all raw data has SOME value. You're job is to filter through it and decide what's truth for you. You'll never have control over any attitude but the one you call 'me'.

That's as may be, but bigotry and hatred aren't "truth", and there's nothing there to "filter through".

Oh, also, there's no such thing as "truth for you". Truth, by definition, is not subjective.

And finally, I'm making no attempt to control anyone's attitude. I'm pointing out the bigots on this board, not trying to talk them out of being bigots. The very idea calls to mind something about "pearls before swine".

And I am not the rich man he was talking to at the time. Or do you think Christians are likewise supposed to start building Arks because God once commanded Noah to build one?

He also commanded Peter and the other Apostles to throw out their nets to catch fish. You think every Christian is commanded to do that?

What's funny about it is you actually think you are educated.

I have to call you on this one Avatar... the context of what Cammmpbell quoted is clearly a parable used for preaching to the masses and the context of what you quoted was clearly intended to be specific instructions to specific individuals at a specific time in history.

And common knowledge of Christianity shows a concern for the poor, at least on paper.

Horse shit.....a couple of years ago in a nearby city I was passing a shopping mall and this spanking new Cadillac Escalade merged in front of me. The first thing I saw was the Christian fish on the right side of the rear then I noticed a large sticker just above the bumper on the left side. It was in white and gold and boldly stated, "This Family Is Blessed" Who the fuck does somebody like that think they are? I can just see ol' Gawd in all his glory saying, "Fuck Those Billion Starving Humans On Earth... I'm Gonna Let The Smiths Have A New Escalade!"

What does the book say about wealthy people like that who think they've got it made?

Matthew 7
21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father"

Luke 18
22 When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven"

Matthew 19
24 "And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God"

Matthew 5
48 "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect"

Matthew 6

5 “When you pray, do not be like those who only pretend to be holy. They love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners. They want to be seen by others. What I’m about to tell you is true. They have received their complete reward.

6 “When you pray, go into your room. Close the door and pray to your Father, who can’t be seen. He will reward you. Your Father sees what is done secretly.

7 “When you pray, do not keep talking on and on the way ungodly people do. They think they will be heard because they talk a lot. 8 Do not be like them. Your Father knows what you need even before you ask him.

Matthew 7
21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father"

Yes! The superficial acting job will not get you into heaven. Are you claiming that "you" know the will of His Father?

Luke 18
22 When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven"

Again, this was to a man that was going thru the motions, but loved his money more than the Lord. Even a person with poor comprehension skills could see that from this story.

Matthew 19
24 "And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God"

Once again, this is referring to those that value their money over the Lord. No where does the Savior lecture people that are using "their" money to do good works. In fact when the woman buys oil and puts it on Him, the disciples start lecturing her, He interupts and tells them what she did was right. The were saying she should have given to the poor, but her money was spent for the Lord (His house, and His servants should be "adorned" appropriately: from Ezra).

Matthew 5

This is only achievable thru the "grace" of the Lord. We are sinful creatures, and do not have the "goodness" to do this on our own.

Matthew 6

5 “When you pray, do not be like those who only pretend to be holy. They love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners. They want to be seen by others. What I’m about to tell you is true. They have received their complete reward.

Again, it is what lies in the heart that concerns the Lord. This passage might be talking about liberals/democrats that publicly declare they "care" about the poor, but do little to change the policies that are increasing the number of poor, and the number of people that need "assistance". It is a fact that liberals/democrats are less generous with their "donations" than the conservatives.

6 “When you pray, go into your room. Close the door and pray to your Father, who can’t be seen. He will reward you. Your Father sees what is done secretly.

Open discussion is not prayer. Is this just another attempt to silence Christians?

7 “When you pray, do not keep talking on and on the way ungodly people do. They think they will be heard because they talk a lot.

Is this you, the "ungodly"?

8 Do not be like them. Your Father knows what you need even before you ask him.

Again, the Lord is not interested in an entertaining show, He wants you to know Him in your heart, and follow Him from "love".

Modern education systems should require a study of world religions, geology and anthropology. Education is something that ancient myths cannot handle. It's the reason modern society is beginning to withdraw from that line of thinking:

Statistics on Religion in America Report -- Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life

This survey finds that the number of people who say they are unaffiliated with any particular faith today (16.1%) is more than double the number who say they were not affiliated with any particular religion as children. Among Americans ages 18-29, one-in-four say they are not currently affiliated with any particular religion.

So Education is turning people into angry douchebags, like you?

So, he's angry because he disagrees with you? That is your own projection. He was being factual. Ignorance breeds religion and faith. Sorry.

What do you have that is better, seriously? Faith in science (Hitler's doctors had this)? Faith in communism (how many millions did they slaughter to ensure no one spoke of "faith")? Faith in logic (you can convince yourself of anything, ask a serial killer)?

I love how you, bigoted, small minded people read some "intellectual's" book as their grasp on immortality based on their personal fantasy, and declare yourselves "educated". Please, start your own community without "Christians" and demonstrate, just how well "your" system works. If you don't have enough "faith" to do that, sit down and shut up. Talk to us when you have a "proven" better way.

I don't hate all christians. I don't hate anybody, or at least, I try not to. So, stop making this assertion because it suits your christian worldview of atheists.

They have therapy for this level of self-delusion.

Let's see if you can be honest for two seconds, rather than just parroting, "You're projecting! You're making assumptions about me!" My bet is that honesty is utterly beyond you at this point. Try to surprise me.

First, do you deny that you said this: "Ignorance breeds religion and faith." Those are your words, right?

Second, IF you admit that those are your words, what do they constitute, if not hatred of and bigotry toward religious people? By all means, share with us whatever rationalization plays through your mind when you say things like that you allow you to continue mistakenly believing you're a nice, fair, rational person who doesn't hate.

I skip to the most ignorant posts and just start responding.

I'm going to skip over you're polemicist points, and try and clear this up. I was being a "polemic" when I said "ignorance breeds religion." I admit that, although I happen to think there is a lot of truth to this, and this is backed statistically if you look at the number of those with faith in many countries across the world, and how that changes with the quality and style of education in those countries.

Oh?

For instance, America is inordinately religious compared to most of the western world, and we have some of the worst education worldwide. All other developed nations have significantly lower rates of religious belief per capita and have better access to good education.

Most other nations in the world are more culturally homogenous than the States. They are also less free, given to authoritarianism, totalitarianism or some form of democratic collectivism. The most religious country in the West is the freest and maintains the largest economy in the world. The decline in America's education system can be directly traced to lefty's stranglehold on it, particularly at the elementary and secondary levels. That's what's killin' us. Free up our education system and watch what happens. But we can't get there because the statists among us, the least religious, won't let go.

I agree with the notion that a lack of education, especially scientific education... allows for greater faith and religion, because the two seem to be contradictory.

The two are not contradictory at all, at least as far as Christianity is concerned.

That's a simple enough idea. A fundamentalist belief in the bible is incompatible with scientific thought.

The fundamentalist perspective is not relevant to sound biblical hermeneutics.

This, at least partially, demonstrates this notion empirically and in concept. Not all those religious are fundamentalists, but still many disbelieve scientific claims on similar grounds.

A number of "scientific claims" are the stuff of scientism ultimately based on a metaphysical naturalism.

So, you get the trend we see and would expect. In places where education is not valued highly, there is greater religious and fundamentalist thought.

Hmm. That wasn't the view of the Reformationists or the Christians of the Enlightenment at all.

Odd. It's mostly conservatives (many of whom are Christians) and libertarians in this country who are trying to bring real reform to the education system precisely because the quality of education is so deplorable. It's the self-describe secularists among us who resist that reform.

Ever consider the possibility that it's the "religions" of scientism and collectivism that account for the decline of the West? Europe, for example, is in big trouble, and America, if parents don't take back the education system soon, is going to fad away as well.

So Education is turning people into angry douchebags, like you?

So, he's angry because he disagrees with you? That is your own projection. He was being factual. Ignorance breeds religion and faith. Sorry.

What do you have that is better, seriously? Faith in science (Hitler's doctors had this)? Faith in communism (how many millions did they slaughter to ensure no one spoke of "faith")? Faith in logic (you can convince yourself of anything, ask a serial killer)?

I love how you, bigoted, small minded people read some "intellectual's" book as their grasp on immortality based on their personal fantasy, and declare yourselves "educated". Please, start your own community without "Christians" and demonstrate, just how well "your" system works. If you don't have enough "faith" to do that, sit down and shut up. Talk to us when you have a "proven" better way.

Wait, you're name is "logical4U," yet you poke fun at logic itself, implying that logic is relative? How ironic. Nobody has faith in logic. We all use logic, numbnuts, sometimes to a lesser degree...

Sweden is something like %80 atheist. They have lower-crime rates and better education than we do. Go figure. Citing the same old "Stalin was an atheist!" argument is a total red herring, again, as is usual with theists, who seem to cozy up to logical fallacy like its their best buddy to get them around making actual valid and sound arguments.

Last edited:
I have to call you on this one Avatar... the context of what Cammmpbell quoted is clearly a parable used for preaching to the masses and the context of what you quoted was clearly intended to be specific instructions to specific individuals at a specific time in history.

And common knowledge of Christianity shows a concern for the poor, at least on paper.

Horse shit.....a couple of years ago in a nearby city I was passing a shopping mall and this spanking new Cadillac Escalade merged in front of me. The first thing I saw was the Christian fish on the right side of the rear then I noticed a large sticker just above the bumper on the left side. It was in white and gold and boldly stated, "This Family Is Blessed" Who the fuck does somebody like that think they are? I can just see ol' Gawd in all his glory saying, "Fuck Those Billion Starving Humans On Earth... I'm Gonna Let The Smiths Have A New Escalade!"

What does the book say about wealthy people like that who think they've got it made?

Matthew 7

Luke 18

Matthew 19

Matthew 5

Matthew 6

7 “When you pray, do not keep talking on and on the way ungodly people do. They think they will be heard because they talk a lot. 8 Do not be like them. Your Father knows what you need even before you ask him.

Matthew 7

Yes! The superficial acting job will not get you into heaven. Are you claiming that "you" know the will of His Father?

Luke 18

Again, this was to a man that was going thru the motions, but loved his money more than the Lord. Even a person with poor comprehension skills could see that from this story.

Matthew 19

Once again, this is referring to those that value their money over the Lord. No where does the Savior lecture people that are using "their" money to do good works. In fact when the woman buys oil and puts it on Him, the disciples start lecturing her, He interupts and tells them what she did was right. The were saying she should have given to the poor, but her money was spent for the Lord (His house, and His servants should be "adorned" appropriately: from Ezra).

Matthew 5

This is only achievable thru the "grace" of the Lord. We are sinful creatures, and do not have the "goodness" to do this on our own.

Matthew 6

Again, it is what lies in the heart that concerns the Lord. This passage might be talking about liberals/democrats that publicly declare they "care" about the poor, but do little to change the policies that are increasing the number of poor, and the number of people that need "assistance". It is a fact that liberals/democrats are less generous with their "donations" than the conservatives.

Open discussion is not prayer. Is this just another attempt to silence Christians?

7 “When you pray, do not keep talking on and on the way ungodly people do. They think they will be heard because they talk a lot.

Again, the Lord is not interested in an entertaining show, He wants you to know Him in your heart, and follow Him from "love".

Very nicely done, but don't be surprised if they don't bother to respond. They really have no interest in actually DISCUSSING the Scriptures, because they might actually learn something about them, and that's not the goal. The goal is merely to USE the Scriptures, selectively quoted, to attack people.

They have therapy for this level of self-delusion.

Let's see if you can be honest for two seconds, rather than just parroting, "You're projecting! You're making assumptions about me!" My bet is that honesty is utterly beyond you at this point. Try to surprise me.

First, do you deny that you said this: "Ignorance breeds religion and faith." Those are your words, right?

Second, IF you admit that those are your words, what do they constitute, if not hatred of and bigotry toward religious people? By all means, share with us whatever rationalization plays through your mind when you say things like that you allow you to continue mistakenly believing you're a nice, fair, rational person who doesn't hate.

I skip to the most ignorant posts and just start responding.

I'm going to skip over you're polemicist points, and try and clear this up. I was being a "polemic" when I said "ignorance breeds religion." I admit that, although I happen to think there is a lot of truth to this, and this is backed statistically if you look at the number of those with faith in many countries across the world, and how that changes with the quality and style of education in those countries.

Oh?

Most other nations in the world are more culturally homogenous than the States. They are also less free, given to authoritarianism, totalitarianism or some form of democratic collectivism. The most religious country in the West is the freest and maintains the largest economy in the world. The decline in America's education system can be directly traced to lefty's stranglehold on it, particularly at the elementary and secondary levels. That's what's killin' us. Free up our education system and watch what happens. But we can't get there because the statists among us, the least religious, won't let go.

The two are not contradictory at all, at least as far as Christianity is concerned.

The fundamentalist perspective is not relevant to sound biblical hermeneutics.

This, at least partially, demonstrates this notion empirically and in concept. Not all those religious are fundamentalists, but still many disbelieve scientific claims on similar grounds.

A number of "scientific claims" are the stuff of scientism ultimately based on a metaphysical naturalism.

So, you get the trend we see and would expect. In places where education is not valued highly, there is greater religious and fundamentalist thought.

Hmm. That wasn't the view of the Reformationists or the Christians of the Enlightenment at all.

Odd. It's mostly conservatives (many of whom are Christians) and libertarians in this country who are trying to bring real reform to the education system precisely because the quality of education is so deplorable. It's the self-describe secularists among us who resist that reform.

Ever consider the possibility that it's the "religions" of scientism and collectivism that account for the decline of the West? Europe, for example, is in big trouble, and America, if parents don't take back the education system soon, is going to fad away as well.

"Scientism"? yeah, you're done.

Matthew 7

Luke 18

Matthew 19

Matthew 5

Matthew 6

Matthew 7

Luke 18

Matthew 19

Matthew 5

Matthew 6

Very nicely done, but don't be surprised if they don't bother to respond. They really have no interest in actually DISCUSSING the Scriptures, because they might actually learn something about them, and that's not the goal. The goal is merely to USE the Scriptures, selectively quoted, to attack people.

Oh right. The bible is true because it says its true. I get it, now. When you quote the bible, its supposed to prove me wrong, even though I don't believe in the christian god, because there is no evidence for him, or any evidence the the bible was inspired by god. Interesting.

I don't blindly hate all christians. I only respond to christian claims when necessary and appropriate, so don't project you're image of atheists onto me. I try to be fair. I am not familiar with campbell's other post. From my perspective, what i wrote is what I saw. I retract my apology.

Ironic post is . . . ironic.

Honey, in this post and the one previous, you made it very clear that you DO hate all Christians, and there is only one way to hate an entire group of people you don't even know: blindly.

I don't have to "project" anything onto you. All I have to do is respond to YOUR WORDS. Let me quote:

"Ignorance breeds religion and faith."

I don't care how you want to rationalize and justify that. To say that religious people of faith are all automatically ignorant IS hatred, and it IS bigotry, and there's not a person here EXCEPT for you and the other bigots who thinks you're not one. If you're going to flatter yourself that you "try to be fair", explain to me where you were "trying" in that sentence, please. Wait, let me guess. You were being "fair" by only describing people who disagree with you as ignorant, rather than calling them stupid, right?

You are not only a bigot, you're a hypocrite. And by the way, while we're on the subject of "ignorance", how about posting in a thread without bothering to read any of the prior posts there?

"I'm sorry that I have to call you names and denigrate you" is not an apology, so you may not only "retract" it, you may subsequently shove it up your bigoted ass.

This has been today's episode of "How the Rest of the World Sees You". Thank you for tuning in, and we now return you to your regularly-scheduled delusion.

Most people of religion are ignorant. That is demonstrable when they display their ignorance to scientific facts, and tout religious views when their basis for belief is faith, as defined (once again) by a LACK OF EVIDENCE. Don't give me your self-righteous bullshit and act like you are at all morally superior. You are not. You maintain a nice calm about you while voting to change this country into a fucking theocracy and turn the world into you'r own little play pen where only those that believe as you do exist. This is every christian's wet dream. You know how I know, because it says it in the fucking bible (John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father but through me), the koran... take your pick.

Most people are ignorant of some "scientific facts". Some one in medicine may not understand or know electricity. A person that crafts metal or construction materials may not know biology.

My faith (that would be a single person, not every Christian out there) is defined by being taught my religion by my parents' church, my own research on the Bible and how it was written, my personal discussions with people about the Bible, reading the Bible (I have not finished it), experiments, and personal experience (being attacked by dark forces and watching them run when the Lord's representatives show up). Then there is the whole Christian martyrs thing. If Christianity "was" a scam, why would so many people willingly die for that? Wouldn't it be easier to bow to another person and declare them a god (in their own mind), publicly, than be tortured or murdered for declaring that there is only One God, and He is the God of Abraham, Issac, Jacob, and David? Come on, you are telling us how smart you are, why would people do that, if they did not "know" that the Savior was alive and well?

I do not believe "evolution" is "fact". I believe that animals and plants adapt, but I have seen no "evidence" that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that all the species on earth came from the same germ and "evolved" into thousands, and thousands of plants and animals. Evolution is a "belief", and it takes a lot more faith to believe that a germ miraclously appeared on earth, got busy and "evolved", complete with a "spiritual" dimension. But if that is what you "want" to believe, I will not attack you for "your" "beliefs".

Ironic post is . . . ironic.

Honey, in this post and the one previous, you made it very clear that you DO hate all Christians, and there is only one way to hate an entire group of people you don't even know: blindly.

I don't have to "project" anything onto you. All I have to do is respond to YOUR WORDS. Let me quote:

"Ignorance breeds religion and faith."

I don't care how you want to rationalize and justify that. To say that religious people of faith are all automatically ignorant IS hatred, and it IS bigotry, and there's not a person here EXCEPT for you and the other bigots who thinks you're not one. If you're going to flatter yourself that you "try to be fair", explain to me where you were "trying" in that sentence, please. Wait, let me guess. You were being "fair" by only describing people who disagree with you as ignorant, rather than calling them stupid, right?

You are not only a bigot, you're a hypocrite. And by the way, while we're on the subject of "ignorance", how about posting in a thread without bothering to read any of the prior posts there?

"I'm sorry that I have to call you names and denigrate you" is not an apology, so you may not only "retract" it, you may subsequently shove it up your bigoted ass.

This has been today's episode of "How the Rest of the World Sees You". Thank you for tuning in, and we now return you to your regularly-scheduled delusion.

Most people of religion are ignorant. That is demonstrable when they display their ignorance to scientific facts, and tout religious views when their basis for belief is faith, as defined (once again) by a LACK OF EVIDENCE. Don't give me your self-righteous bullshit and act like you are at all morally superior. You are not. You maintain a nice calm about you while voting to change this country into a fucking theocracy and turn the world into you'r own little play pen where only those that believe as you do exist. This is every christian's wet dream. You know how I know, because it says it in the fucking bible (John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father but through me), the koran... take your pick.

Most people are ignorant of some "scientific facts". Some one in medicine may not understand or know electricity. A person that crafts metal or construction materials may not know biology.

My faith (that would be a single person, not every Christian out there) is defined by being taught my religion by my parents' church, my own research on the Bible and how it was written, my personal discussions with people about the Bible, reading the Bible (I have not finished it), experiments, and personal experience (being attacked by dark forces and watching them run when the Lord's representatives show up). Then there is the whole Christian martyrs thing. If Christianity "was" a scam, why would so many people willingly die for that? Wouldn't it be easier to bow to another person and declare them a god (in their own mind), publicly, than be tortured or murdered for declaring that there is only One God, and He is the God of Abraham, Issac, Jacob, and David? Come on, you are telling us how smart you are, why would people do that, if they did not "know" that the Savior was alive and well?

I do not believe "evolution" is "fact". I believe that animals and plants adapt, but I have seen no "evidence" that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that all the species on earth came from the same germ and "evolved" into thousands, and thousands of plants and animals. Evolution is a "belief", and it takes a lot more faith to believe that a germ miraclously appeared on earth, got busy and "evolved", complete with a "spiritual" dimension. But if that is what you "want" to believe, I will not attack you for "your" "beliefs".

Of course most people are ignorant to certain scientific facts. We are not all scientists. That is not what I was referring to. I was referring to the situation where science is perceived to contradict scripture, so science is sometimes cast aside, to varying degrees. This is what I was describing. This can be seen when people deny evolution and consider it a belief, just as you did, implying that there is no evidence for this, when in fact, there is mountains. It is ironic that these people who claim this have zero evidence for their deity, or any revelation from that deity. Science does not require faith. It uses evidence.

Forum List

Back