Red state Secession would see welfare dependent states collapse

Let' let a great populist (and Democrat!) weigh in on this debate:
Ah, my friends, we say not one word against those who live upon the Atlantic coast, but the hardy pioneers who have braved all the dangers of the wilderness, who have made the desert to blossom as the rose -- the pioneers away out there [pointing to the West], who rear their children near to Nature's heart, where they can mingle their voices with the voices of the birds -- out there where they have erected schoolhouses for the education of their young, churches where they praise their Creator, and cemeteries where rest the ashes of their dead -- these people, we say, are as deserving of the consideration of our party as any people in this country. It is for these that we speak. We do not come as aggressors. Our war is not a war of conquest; we are fighting in defense of our homes, our families, and posterity.

You come to us and tell us that the great cities are in favor of the gold standard; we reply that the great cities rest upon our broad and fertile prairies. Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms, and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.

[ American Rhetoric: William Jennings Bryan - A Cross of Gold ]

Patriots should have another look at this great man. We were taught the wrong lessons about him in our history classes.

Start here: [ In the Shadow of William Jennings Bryan ]

when we were teens, i made my cousin tap out with the same move Jon Bones Jones made Gane tap with, i don't know what the move is called, but it took me a longer time to do it. did you watch the UFC card or am i spoiling it for ya? buy the damn PPV you cheap bastard! lol
I had a feeling that you were going to intentionally spoil it for me, so i watched it before coming to the boards. I dont watch all the UFC's these days, so its important to not have them be spoiled. Welcome to ignore, you weirdo fuckin creep.

I had a feeling that you were going to intentionally spoil it for me, so i watched it before coming to the boards. I dont watch all the UFC's these days, so its important to not have them be spoiled. Welcome to ignore, you weirdo fuckin creep.
FINALLY you will put me on ignore. that's all i was asking for!

Why do so many Oregon counties want out of Oregon?
And why are dems bailing on leftist states and moving to Texas and Florida?
I can't answer for Oregon since I never lived there. I know that in California it's mostly the high cost of living that's driving people out.

Marje has been sharing her vision on Hannity. She envisions a red state secession , Marjistan, that would break away from America.
The stats are quite illuminating.
# Counties that voted for President Joe Biden generate 70 percent of gross domestic product.

# Fourteen of the poorest 15 states voted Republican in 2020.

# All 12 richest states chose Biden.

# Only four red states have median household incomes in the top half of the 50 states.

# The nine red states that seceded in 1861 get, on average, 42 percent of their budgets from Washington, according to SmartAsset. Mostly that buys health care –

There are more stats in the article but the picture seems to be quite clear. These dependent states rail against govt spending whilst being the biggest recipients.

Its hilarious in a way but rather sad. I wonder if the exercise is worth it to just excorcise the evil woke.
What you would see is a mass migration of welfare bums from the red states to the blue states that send out bigger government checks

What you would see is a mass migration of welfare bums from the red states to the blue states that send out bigger government checks
Yes. But would they be Republican-voting welfare bums, or Democrat-voting welfare bums?

Let me know when the civilization part kicks in.
Yep. We need taxes to pay for the things that defend civilization, like your local police and the USMC and schools and prisons and atom bombs. But not all taxes do this. It's like, you need money to buy food, but not everything that can be bought with money is food.

Yes. But would they be Republican-voting welfare bums, or Democrat-voting welfare bums?
People hooked on welfare lean democrat

If the red states are cutting welfare people will follow the money

Forum List

Back