Red Lobster suspends waitress after she was insulted with a racial slur

I like how people are jumping to conclusions about this. Yes, it is possible she wrote the slur herself, but there is no evidence of that thusfar, and all you experts should keep quiet until we know the truth.

There is more evidence that she wrote it than that the customer did.

What if her manager didn't give a shit? I'd have posted it as well - and her father posted it, not her.

Then her dad may have caused her to lose her job.

The picture shows her name, the company and it's address and the guest's name

Then punish her father. If she didn't know it was posted, she can't be blamed for his actions.

She took the picture, that makes it her fault. Unless you want to argue that she took the receipt home and showed it to her father, and then let him take a picture while she was holding it. Or would you like to argue that her father has the manicure, and hands, of a teenage girl.

I like how people are jumping to conclusions about this. Yes, it is possible she wrote the slur herself, but there is no evidence of that thusfar, and all you experts should keep quiet until we know the truth.

There are no conclusions to jump to, Noomi. It is clear and visible to the naked eye that this is something being fabricated by the waitress.

Its only clear if you are a handwriting analyst.

I could pretend that my 50+ years of reading handwriting has left me incapable of seeing the difference between different people's writing, and recognizing it, but that would be like claiming that I can fly.

There are no conclusions to jump to, Noomi. It is clear and visible to the naked eye that this is something being fabricated by the waitress.

Its only clear if you are a handwriting analyst.

I could pretend that my 50+ years of reading handwriting has left me incapable of seeing the difference between different people's writing, and recognizing it, but that would be like claiming that I can fly.

Given that with my untrained eye, I could easily noticed such a discrepancy. Nothing beats experience though. It takes pretty keen observational skill to see stuff like that.

[MENTION=44774]Asclepias[/MENTION]: What do you have to say for yourself now?

Regarding what?

Your being wrong? If you haven't already noticed [MENTION=21241]KissMy[/MENTION]:'s post at the top of this page, it has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt the waitress fabricated the entire thing. And for that she should be fired.

Last edited:
[MENTION=44774]Asclepias[/MENTION]: What do you have to say for yourself now?

Regarding what?

Your being wrong? If you haven't already noticed [MENTION=21241]KissMy[/MENTION]:'s post at the top of this page, it has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt the waitress fabricated the entire thing. And for that she should be fired.

Where has that been proven? Can you link me to where she admitted she faked it?

So now we become the writing analysts? I do writing as a hobby, sometimes I write with a pencil and paper, my writing is uniform from start to finish, and people recognize it as MY writing. There are no distinct variations given the musculature of my writing hand.

I think a lot of people write as a hobby. Doesn't make you an handwriting analyst. Most people are not as consistent as you are and their hand writing varies.

Actually, there are distinct quirks in everyone's writing that can identify it as theirs and nobody else's. I studied writing analysis out of curiosity. You can identify someones writing by how they write a certain letter or form a certain letter or word. If it were to go through a strenuous forensic analysis there would be serious doubts raised about the writing here.

No, I am not talking out of my rear end.

I studied how to detect forged signatures, which meant learning the various methods of forging, and learning to recognize how people write. Whoever wrote that slur couldn't even keep all the letters on the same line, which is why I suspect the waitress who carried it from the table to the register. It is very interesting that she also managed to come up with a picture of it.

Regarding what?

Yeah, had you been paying attention, you would have noticed:

For writing comparison here are Toni Christina Jenkins school notes, Customer Devin Barnes apology letter & the Red Lobster Receipt.

9754943423_174111e05f_o.jpg
o-TONI-CHRISTINA-JENKINS-RACIST-RECEIPT-570.jpg
922881_10200610332237022_622266094_n.jpg
1378873691_VWQYu1HKT6iOOhoNkj59_devin%20barnes%20statement.jpg

The customer sounds genuine. I know its only a written apology, but I give him the benefit of the doubt.

Kid has some explaining to do.

Only a written apology? When did writing because relegated to being the less formal way of doing things?

Yeah, had you been paying attention, you would have noticed:

For writing comparison here are Toni Christina Jenkins school notes, Customer Devin Barnes apology letter & the Red Lobster Receipt.

9754943423_174111e05f_o.jpg
o-TONI-CHRISTINA-JENKINS-RACIST-RECEIPT-570.jpg
922881_10200610332237022_622266094_n.jpg
1378873691_VWQYu1HKT6iOOhoNkj59_devin%20barnes%20statement.jpg

I must still not be paying attention. Where is this evidence you speak of? All I see is handwriting in a notebook. To my point if you look at the N in none and the n in his signature they are totally different.

There is more evidence that she wrote it than that the customer did.

Where is the evidence?

Given that I have seen a sample of her handwriting, I have to say it looks like she didn't write it.

Now that you have a longer sample of his handwriting, are you willing to admit that he didn't write it either?

I think a lot of people write as a hobby. Doesn't make you an handwriting analyst. Most people are not as consistent as you are and their hand writing varies.

Actually, there are distinct quirks in everyone's writing that can identify it as theirs and nobody else's. I studied writing analysis out of curiosity. You can identify someones writing by how they write a certain letter or form a certain letter or word. If it were to go through a strenuous forensic analysis there would be serious doubts raised about the writing here.

No, I am not talking out of my rear end.

I studied how to detect forged signatures, which meant learning the various methods of forging, and learning to recognize how people write. Whoever wrote that slur couldn't even keep all the letters on the same line, which is why I suspect the waitress who carried it from the table to the register. It is very interesting that she also managed to come up with a picture of it.

I was thinking the same thing earlier. Quite convenient for her that she suddenly finds a receipt with the word "n****r" scrawled on it. The discrepancy is so blatantly obvious that even a novice could tell the difference. Her first mistake was thinking she could pull this off. Her second was obvious lack of knowledge regarding company policy, and her last was taking the picture, which threw her story into doubt given that objects only employees dealt with were all sitting on the table in the background as she took the picture. That suggested she somehow tampered with the receipt.

Forum List

Back