Red Lobster suspends waitress after she was insulted with a racial slur

I like how people are jumping to conclusions about this. Yes, it is possible she wrote the slur herself, but there is no evidence of that thusfar, and all you experts should keep quiet until we know the truth.

There are no conclusions to jump to, Noomi. It is clear and visible to the naked eye that this is something being fabricated by the waitress.

Its only clear if you are a handwriting analyst.

It's plain as day, you don't need to be one. The writing is drastically different.

Then punish her father. If she didn't know it was posted, she can't be blamed for his actions.

How did he get it? I used to wait tables. You have to turn those credit card slips in at the end of the night. You can't take them home with you.

Good point, Bro

If you look in the back ground of the picture you will see what is her 'server's book'.
I recognize the 'Seafood Expert' cards that they keep in the check minder.
She obviously took the picture before she turned it in.

If dad posted it, that would mean that she "electronically communicated" to him for him to be able to do so.

Did she bring it to her manager's attention?

So, it should become clear knowing she took a picture of it, that her credibility in all of this should be questioned. I mean, she could have written it there on the spot without anyone knowing. There are many possible ways for her to have given her manager the slip (no pun intended). Given how black people love to use race as a tool to get what they want out of folks, this wouldn't surprise me...

However, it is (after doing a bit more reading) too early to tell who to blame in this.

It's plain as day, you don't need to be one. The writing is drastically different.

So is mine. Sometimes in the same sentence.

^this. Everyone's writing can vary, even in the same sentence.

So now we become the writing analysts? I do writing as a hobby, sometimes I write with a pencil and paper, my writing is uniform from start to finish, and people recognize it as MY writing. There are no distinct variations given the musculature of my writing hand.

How did he get it? I used to wait tables. You have to turn those credit card slips in at the end of the night. You can't take them home with you.

Good point, Bro

If you look in the back ground of the picture you will see what is her 'server's book'.
I recognize the 'Seafood Expert' cards that they keep in the check minder.
She obviously took the picture before she turned it in.

If dad posted it, that would mean that she "electronically communicated" to him for him to be able to do so.

Did she bring it to her manager's attention?

So, it should become clear knowing she took a picture of it, that her credibility in all of this should be questioned. I mean, she could have written it there on the spot without anyone knowing. There are many possible ways for her to have given her manager the slip (no pun intended). Given how black people love to use race as a tool to get what they want out of folks, this wouldn't surprise me...

However, it is (after doing a bit more reading) too early to tell who to blame in this.

You forgot one important thing. Why would she do that and then send it to her father? What would she gain except possibly getting fired for sending sensitive information to a non-employee?

So now we become the writing analysts? I do writing as a hobby, sometimes I write with a pencil and paper, my writing is uniform from start to finish, and people recognize it as MY writing. There are no distinct variations given the musculature of my writing hand.

I think a lot of people write as a hobby. Doesn't make you an handwriting analyst. Most people are not as consistent as you are and their hand writing varies.

Its only clear if you are a handwriting analyst.

Something is fishy here. This is a situation too good to be true for this woman. She used the opportunity to stereotype Southerners and create a scene. In my gaming circle, we call people like that an "attention whore." Quite simple really.

I think a lot of people write as a hobby. Doesn't make you an handwriting analyst. Most people are not as consistent as you are and their hand writing varies.

Actually, there are distinct quirks in everyone's writing that can identify it as theirs and nobody else's. I studied writing analysis out of curiosity. You can identify someones writing by how they write a certain letter or form a certain letter or word. If it were to go through a strenuous forensic analysis there would be serious doubts raised about the writing here.

No, I am not talking out of my rear end.

Something is fishy here. This is a situation too good to be true for this woman. She used the opportunity to stereotype Southerners and create a scene. In my gaming circle, we call people like that an "attention whore." Quite simple really.

I doubt that. She is going to find it definitely is not too good to be true if she did it for attention. She can get fired for sending the information to her father. Also no one has to stereotype southerners. Thats been done too many times to count by southerners themselves.

Actually, there are distinct quirks in everyone's writing that can identify it as theirs and nobody else's. I studied writing analysis out of curiosity. You can identify someones writing by how they write a certain letter or form a certain letter or word. If it were to go through a strenuous forensic analysis there would be serious doubts raised about the writing here.

No, I am not talking out of my rear end.

I have studied it as well. Thats how I know most peoples handwriting varies. Its normal and would not raise a red flag to someone versed in the subject. If that variation of writing was never expressed in other handwriting samples then it may call it into question.

A spokesman for Red Lobster, Mike Bernstein, said in an email to the Huffington Post that suspension with pay is “standard procedure” when company policy is violated. In this case, the violation would be publicly posting a receipt, which Jenkins’ father did, on Facebook, Sunday night, with a status message saying “that we still have much ignorance to overcome.”
And of course the purpose of the policy is to avoid publicity, exactly what Red Lobster got by stupidly suspending the waitress.

For writing comparison here are Toni Christina Jenkins school notes, Customer Devin Barnes apology letter & the Red Lobster Receipt.

9754943423_174111e05f_o.jpg
o-TONI-CHRISTINA-JENKINS-RACIST-RECEIPT-570.jpg
922881_10200610332237022_622266094_n.jpg
1378873691_VWQYu1HKT6iOOhoNkj59_devin%20barnes%20statement.jpg

Last edited:
The customer sounds genuine. I know its only a written apology, but I give him the benefit of the doubt.

Kid has some explaining to do.

Somebody else's vile racism isn't justification for violating company policy. She should have reported the incident to her manager instead of posting the receipt on Facebook.

Actually..it's up to the company to assure the employee they don't have to put up with a hostile work environment.

They are in big trouble.

For someone faking a comment on a receipt?You do know that proving a hostile work environment takes a lot of documentation over a period of time, not one comment on a credit card receipt, don't you? The only one that has a case here is the customer that got defamed by the fake comment.

Forum List

Back