Red Lobster suspends waitress after she was insulted with a racial slur

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Instead Of Standing By Their Employee, Red Lobster Suspends Waitress Who Received 'None N****r' As A Tip -

o-TONI-CHRISTINA-JENKINS-RACIST-RECEIPT-570.jpg

Red Lobster might really be in trouble this time. We just reported on how a waitress, Tori Christina Jenkins, received ‘None, N****r’ instead of a tip this past weekend from racist customers at the Franklin, TN Red Lobster where she works. Now, instead of standing behind Jenkins, Red Lobster has suspended her, citing a violation of company policy as the reason.

A spokesman for Red Lobster, Mike Bernstein, said in an email to the Huffington Post that suspension with pay is “standard procedure” when company policy is violated. In this case, the violation would be publicly posting a receipt, which Jenkins’ father did, on Facebook, Sunday night, with a status message saying “that we still have much ignorance to overcome.”

What is wrong with scum racists like this customer?

Its certainly no hardship to boycott Red Lobster. Their food is made to appeal to people who like fat, sugar and grease and I haven't eaten there in many years. Never will again.

The sad thing is, after learning about this, more and more scum racists will flock to Red Lobster is some kind SICK solidarity.

This from R:

Hi *******, our server is back at work this week per her usual schedule, and she has not lost a single day of work due to this situation. We were in constant communication with her over the past several days and have extended her a high degree of respect and caring for what has happened. No one should have to endure what our employee went through last weekend.

But they should not have suspended her.

And their food still sucks.

This from R:

Hi *******, our server is back at work this week per her usual schedule, and she has not lost a single day of work due to this situation. We were in constant communication with her over the past several days and have extended her a high degree of respect and caring for what has happened. No one should have to endure what our employee went through last weekend.

But they should not have suspended her.

And their food still sucks.

Mad?

Some assholes acted badly at a restaurant. No need to call the National Guard.

Damn.

She'll be back to work in no time.

If the company has a policy that publishing a receipt is a no-no, and the consequences for doing so are suspension, then Red Lobster has done nothing wrong here.

Now that I have done the accepted thing here and taken time and space to state the painfully obvious as though I am some kind of genius.....let me add something.

Every person here has, at one time or another, broken a law or a company policy. There are times, ladies nd gentleman, when exceptions are made do to extenuating circumstances....or even just a witty excuse. I have cut people breaks in the past....haven't you?

This might well have been one of those times...given the circumstances.

The waitress probably copped a 'tude with the customer and they didn't tip her so she faked up a race card to play.

This is becoming more and more common.

Just look at the words none and the word ******, you can see the two different writings and the guy says he didn't write it

Another Tawana.

Just look at the words none and the word ******, you can see the two different writings and the guy says he didn't write it

Another Tawana.

In addition to posting the receipt she also posted the customer's name and address.

Why wasn't her ass fired?

Some assholes acted badly at a restaurant. No need to call the National Guard.

Damn.

She'll be back to work in no time.

Yeah, but what did SHE do wrong? She didn't call in the national guard, she simply posted a racial assholes receipt on facebook.

Forum List

Back