Red Lobster suspends waitress after she was insulted with a racial slur

Somebody else's vile racism isn't justification for violating company policy. She should have reported the incident to her manager instead of posting the receipt on Facebook.

Actually..it's up to the company to assure the employee they don't have to put up with a hostile work environment.

They are in big trouble.

The person is a racist piece of scum for writing that but the restaurant is going to get sued and lose if they dont setlle out of court. You just cant post the customers information on the internet for anyone to see. His ID has just been compromised.

Somebody else's vile racism isn't justification for violating company policy. She should have reported the incident to her manager instead of posting the receipt on Facebook.

What if her manager didn't give a shit? I'd have posted it as well - and her father posted it, not her.

I don't blame that waitress. If the powers that be don't like what she did, they shouldn't have let that customer get away with what they did.

God bless you and the waitress always!!!

Holly

i'm guessing these guys came in saw their meal as takeout and felt no reason to leave a tip. she decided to jump on Obama's famous race card bandwagon and made the comment herself

Instead Of Standing By Their Employee, Red Lobster Suspends Waitress Who Received 'None N****r' As A Tip -

o-TONI-CHRISTINA-JENKINS-RACIST-RECEIPT-570.jpg

Red Lobster might really be in trouble this time. We just reported on how a waitress, Tori Christina Jenkins, received ‘None, N****r’ instead of a tip this past weekend from racist customers at the Franklin, TN Red Lobster where she works. Now, instead of standing behind Jenkins, Red Lobster has suspended her, citing a violation of company policy as the reason.

A spokesman for Red Lobster, Mike Bernstein, said in an email to the Huffington Post that suspension with pay is “standard procedure” when company policy is violated. In this case, the violation would be publicly posting a receipt, which Jenkins’ father did, on Facebook, Sunday night, with a status message saying “that we still have much ignorance to overcome.”
What is wrong with scum racists like this customer?

Its certainly no hardship to boycott Red Lobster. Their food is made to appeal to people who like fat, sugar and grease and I haven't eaten there in many years. Never will again.

The sad thing is, after learning about this, more and more scum racists will flock to Red Lobster is some kind SICK solidarity.

Having worked with Red Lobster, I can tell you that they have a "Zero Tolerance" policy of posting ANYTHING on the internet with their name on it.
This employee signed and agreed to that policy.

She will be continued to get payed until Employee Relations concludes their investigation.

All she had to do was simply say what happened, without mentioning RL's name. She ddn't have to post the picture.

BTW, the guest's name is on the receipt.
Did she obtain his permission to publish his name.

Trust me when I tell you, with Red Lobster, zero tolerance means ZERO tolerance.

:eusa_shhh:

i'm guessing these guys came in saw their meal as takeout and felt no reason to leave a tip. she decided to jump on Obama's famous race card bandwagon and made the comment herself

Table 33 wouldn't be take-out

What if her manager didn't give a shit? I'd have posted it as well - and her father posted it, not her.

Then her dad may have caused her to lose her job.

The picture shows her name, the company and it's address and the guest's name

I like how people are jumping to conclusions about this. Yes, it is possible she wrote the slur herself, but there is no evidence of that thusfar, and all you experts should keep quiet until we know the truth.

I don't blame that waitress. If the powers that be don't like what she did, they shouldn't have let that customer get away with what they did.

Holly

Managers are expected to hover over everyone as they sign their charge slip to prevent them from writing something stupid?

Today as i was going thru charge slips I found a comment from a guest.
I looked up his name in the phonebook and thanked him for the suggestion
:thup:

Then punish her father. If she didn't know it was posted, she can't be blamed for his actions.

Holly
Managers are expected to hover over everyone as they sign their charge slip to prevent them from writing something stupid?

Today as i was going thru charge slips I found a comment from a guest.
I looked up his name in the phonebook and thanked him for the suggestion
:thup:
If the person in charge did nothing about what was done to her, she should have sued them then!

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

P.S. The customer may always be right, but that does NOT give the customer the right to be HATEFUL. If that person did not want to be waited on by a black person, why didn't they just leave?

Last edited:
Then punish her father. If she didn't know it was posted, she can't be blamed for his actions.

How did he get it? I used to wait tables. You have to turn those credit card slips in at the end of the night. You can't take them home with you.

I like how people are jumping to conclusions about this. Yes, it is possible she wrote the slur herself, but there is no evidence of that thusfar, and all you experts should keep quiet until we know the truth.

There are no conclusions to jump to, Noomi. It is clear and visible to the naked eye that this is something being fabricated by the waitress.

Employee Relations may very well decide not to punish her.

What has me thinking is, did her dad post it on FB?
Of course she and him are "friends" so it would show up on her FB page.

I think if she was to simply post a disclaimer, as an employee, she should be in the clear

There are no conclusions to jump to, Noomi. It is clear and visible to the naked eye that this is something being fabricated by the waitress.

Its only clear if you are a handwriting analyst.

How did he get it? I used to wait tables. You have to turn those credit card slips in at the end of the night. You can't take them home with you.

Good point, Bro

If you look in the back ground of the picture you will see what is her 'server's book'.
I recognize the 'Seafood Expert' cards that they keep in the check minder.
She obviously took the picture before she turned it in.

If dad posted it, that would mean that she "electronically communicated" to him for him to be able to do so.

Did she bring it to her manager's attention?

Forum List

Back