Recruiting...The Discussion

i-hate-stank-pussy-panties-black_design.png

Wash that Cat, Damn it!...

:)

peace...

I dare ya. go find you a big old cat and try to wash it. the going rate in the ER these days starts at about $500 bucks.

I'm the HELL Alergic to Animals...

I would probably Die. :lol:

:)

peace...

Cats and Rats party at mal's house tonight. Bring your friends, I hear there's plenty of chicken. :lol: :lol:

I have always assumed board administrators could read PMs and would do so if necessary to prevent abuse of that privilege. Too often the stalker or hateful troll uses that means to torment a victim and the administration should be able to see that in order to make a decision whether said stalker or troll needs to find recreation elsewhere. Ditto for solicitation of or conduct of illegal activity, etc. that could implicate the website.

So my policy is to put nothing into a PM that I would be ashamed or embarrassed for anybody to see. Which isn't a bad policy for what we post for everybody to see too.

I also see no reason to disbelieve Gunny or Pixie or any other people with 'powers' when they say they do not read PMs.

And it is a big world. I tell people all the time if they aren't having fun doing this, they're doing it wrong. And if they are miserable or angry or upset all the time, they really do need to find something else to occupy their time or find a site that doesn't make them miserable, angry, or upset. Meanwhile there are all kinds of message boards and something for everybody and room for all.

I love USMB because it does pretty much allow all points of view to be expressed. Most of us would prefer that points of view be expressed without forcing others to tolerate the most hateful and disgusitng depictions of other groups or people, but most of the time, at least on threads I participate in, we strike a tolerable balance there. There's always some jerk who will neg rep somebody just because they disagree, but we can live with that too.

I for one intend to post what I like wherever I like and refuse to participate in a "board war' or anything like that. And if moderation of this board becomes intolerable, I will be gone. Right now, I think the mods do a pretty decent job and I like it here.

But that's just me.

Last edited:
I appreciate all the hand wringing about some other alleged MB but this thread is about the sanctity of PMs.

Good.. then I will expect you to resond to all the weasly bomb droppers in this thread and remind them of the of the same then. :eusa_angel:

As for the PM's. It think you are over reacting.

"over reacting?" It's called having a discussion. Discussions are not a bad thing. Gunny makes an announcement. People read the announcement. People discuss.

The "people discuss" part is usually short lived though. I'm completely shocked that this thread is still alive and kicking. :eek: My flabber is officially gasted.

I am not real happy about what some of you drama queens are saying here.

Many of you are so busy being special and stuff, that you seem to think that we as mods or admins would even entertain the idea of *reading* your lowly Pms? :cuckoo:

I have no time, no desire, nor the technical ability to do so, nor do any oif the other mods. We are too busy making this place a place for you to rant and rave without consequence, or generally have fun

By the way many of you seem to think this is about a message board war. You are wrong. It is about vile talk, and plans to cause trouble on this board as a whole. Seems you guys have bitten.

Some people seem to think the FBI should be involved in taking Gunny, myself, and others down for the free speech many of you take for granted here :cuckoo:

You want to know who told Gunny??? I did. What about it?

Grow up. I can see what these places and some people do to others because they have nothing better to do. How freaking sad :doubt::doubt::doubt:

Proof that this board is better than others? Is in the pudding you are all here allowed to trash Gunny, myself and god know who else.
don't take it so hard, Pix...all good messageboards need a little drama to keep fresh. It will pass.

Ahhhhhhhh I get it----you're doing USMB a favor by providing drama !
I see the light now and thank you so much.
:lol: I haven't provided drama...

I have always assumed board administrators could read PMs and would do so if necessary to prevent abuse of that privilege. Too often the stalker or hateful troll uses that means to torment a victim and the administration should be able to see that in order to make a decision whether said stalker or troll needs to find recreation elsewhere. Ditto for solicitation of or conduct of illegal activity, etc. that could implicate the website.

So my policy is to put nothing into a PM that I would be ashamed or embarrassed for anybody to see. Which isn't a bad policy for what we post for everybody to see too.

I also see no reason to disbelieve Gunny or Pixie or any other people with 'powers' when they say they do not read PMs.

And it is a big world. I tell people all the time if they aren't having fun doing this, they're doing it wrong. And if they are miserable or angry or upset all the time, they really do need to find something else to occupy their time or find a site that doesn't make them miserable, angry, or upset. Meanwhile there are all kinds of message boards and something for everybody and room for all.

I love USMB because it does pretty much allow all points of view to be expressed. Most of us would prefer that points of view be expressed without forcing others to tolerate the most hateful and disgusitng depictions of other groups or people, but most of the time, at least on threads I participate in, we strike a tolerable balance there. There's always some jerk who will neg rep somebody just because they disagree, but we can live with that too.

I for one intend to post what I like wherever I like and refuse to participate in a "board war' or anything like that. And if moderation of this board becomes intolerable, I will be gone. Right now, I think the mods do a pretty decent job and I like it here.

But that's just me.

I send out scandalous gossip in PMs and see who takes the bait. :cool:

Pixie, that post of mine about deleting your PMs like bleach at a crime scene, was pretty much just a troll post. Oops. :badgrin:

Grow up. I can see what these places and some people do to others because they have nothing better to do. How freaking sad :doubt::doubt::doubt:

Even though you are an administrator on this board, you have no right to tell me which way to grow!

Good.. then I will expect you to resond to all the weasly bomb droppers in this thread and remind them of the of the same then. :eusa_angel:

As for the PM's. It think you are over reacting.

"over reacting?" It's called having a discussion. Discussions are not a bad thing. Gunny makes an announcement. People read the announcement. People discuss.

The "people discuss" part is usually short lived though. I'm completely shocked that this thread is still alive and kicking. :eek: My flabber is officially gasted.

So is your betting board!:lol:

Who's but got hurt is off topic. Pixie had every right and a responsibility as a mod to go to Gunny with anything she felt was a threat to USMB. I trust Gunny's judgment on all issues USMB. The OP is only in reference to his EDICT. His reaction seemed heavy handed to me. Of course it is all his call. My only problem was that he included ALL references to the whereabouts of any other site.

I still believe there should be a distinction between "recruiting" and sharing interesting info with other members via PM. The suggestion that we should go to the trouble to ask someone for their e-mail is ridiculous. Not everyone wants to give out their e-mail. I believe Gunny has the good sense to know the difference between recruiting and what is not recruiting. That is the sole purpose of this thread. All this talk about rats and butts is just a click bonus for USMB.

Forum List

Back